Are the facts pointing towards a real vendetta against The Rangers

backup

Coincidence or vendetta.  

279 members have voted

1. 1. Are the contentious decisions awarded against us coincidence or vendetta.

14 minutes ago, Coplander2 said:

I dont buy into this.  Didnt buy into the Tim paranoia either.

Moaning about the red card doesnt help the argument.  It was a clear kick at another player off the ball.  That's a red.  Stick to the real bad decisions not just the ones we don't like.

If thats a red card then its going to be 5 a side in a host of games. Remember last season a player getting a red rescinded for a far more violent incident. 

It was a ridiculous decision and the assistant claiming he didn't see the barge that led to the reaction is either i) a lying cheat or ii) utterly incompetent. In either case he should be demoted and inflicted upon junior football or encouraged to give up something he is unable to do either fairly or competently.

I think there's a bias against us at the moment. Obviously a number of anti Rangers individuals in the media have been trying for years to denigrate us. I think that long term campaign has begun to skew people's perception of us. 

So aye, no group of people have formulated some grand plan in a darkened room somewhere (probably), but enough people are in society with a strong agenda against us are beginning to gain some traction in altering people's (refs) behaviour towards us. 

19 hours ago, Siwel said:

Rangers boss Steven Gerrard sensationally claims Scotland’s referees have had it in for Gers for YEARS

STEVEN GERRARD has sensationally claimed Scotland’s referees have had it in for Rangers for years.

The Gers boss was furious with decisions whistler Kevin Clancy made in his side’s 1-1 draw with Aberdeen.

Willie Vass

Alfredo Morelos is sent off by ref Kevin Clancy

Willie Vass

Gerrard reckons Scottish refs have had it in for Rangers

Gerrard felt an early red card for Alfredo Morelos was harsh.

And he was left staggered that Dons defender Dom Ball escaped a sending off after conceding a penalty.

Asked about a siege mentality within his dressing room, Gerrard said: “We need to try and use it to our advantage, but it’s not just today, it’s been happening for a while.

“It’s been happening for a good while.

“I believe it’s been happening for SEASONS.

“That’s my opinion, just my opinion.

“I don’t think we ever get anything to go for us.

“Everything we have seen today is about Rangers

“So someone should give me answers on that. Someone should give me the answers because if there’s anyone in his room thinks nothing should have happened after that penalty…

“It is what it is.

Willie Vass

Josh Windass indicates he was pulled back for penalty

“I can’t control if the issue is going to be ongoing. All I can do is give my opinion on it.”

Gerrard insists the red card for Morelos was too severe after clashing with Scott McKenna.

But he was more furious Dons defender Dom Ball wasn’t sent off for conceding a penalty.

Gerrard said: “With the sending off I think when you do stuff like that, when you react like that, you leave officials with decisions to make.

“So we will speak to Alfredo about the part he has played in it.

“But we feel hard done by because we felt he was provoked twice with violent barges.

“No way in the world was his kick-out violent so we didn’t think he deserved a red.

“At the same time, with the penalty there was no attempt to play the ball. So it’s beyond me how a card can’t be shown for that situation.

“It seems like the world is against us today.

PA:Press Association

James Tavernier celebrates scoring from the spot

“But we’ll make sure we get better for that. We’ll make sure we play better and try and put results to bed, because it looks like some more decisions will go against us as the season goes on.”

Asked if he felt Morelos has been targeted, Gerrard added: “Possibly. So he needs to learn and be ready for that.

“I can’t prove that’s the case but two violent barges by McKenna, it seems people are out to wind him up, yeah.

“What’s disappointing from our point of view is that the whole incident was two or three seconds but the assistant only saw one second of it.

“So he sees Alfredo’s instant in one second but not the two barges in the other two seconds.

“With the penalty incident there was no attempt to play the ball. That’s the rules, it doesn’t matter what my opinion on it is.

“The rules state that if you don’t make an attempt to play the ball, you should be punished. And there was no punishment.

“I had a chat with the referee about it. The assistant said he only saw one second out of the three with the Alfredo incident, which I find hard to believe.

Gerard was gutted to lose a stoppage time equaliser but was delighted with the way his side played.

“I’m disappointment for my players but I don’t go away from here sad.

“I actually loved what I saw.

“I think people are now starting to understand when I say Rangers are different now.

“We are a different team and the players are proving it.

“I go away reasonably pleased, but gutted for my players we never got over the line. It would have been a huge three points.”

1 hour ago, backup said:

Are the amount of contentious decisions given against us more than a bad coincidence, a vendetta ? 

Looks like SG is calling vendetta !

Tim at my work says exactly the same thing when it comes to decisions against celtic. If I knew any other fans of other teams I reckon they'd probably say the same.

I've come to the conclusion that there might be a wee bit of bias in there, but it's mostly just down to the fact that our referees are complete shite.

I sometimes wonder if it's done to the Yes vote. 

If a referee who may have voted yes walks into Ibrox, hears Rule Britannia, Union flags everywhere, GSTQ etc can they be impartial? 

Its a can of worms but it's worth thinking about and if they can't separate politics from football and doing their job properly then it's something worth thinking about. 

If it's subconscious bias then this could be fuelling it.  

1 hour ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

I genuinely think that there is a real problem in us getting fair treatment.

The problem stems from just how much we are hated by everyone else in this fucking country.

No matter how bad a call is against us, through social media or phone-ins, there will be more input defending the decision than saying we were hard done by.

When a decision goes against celtic, or indeed anyone playing against us, phone lines get bombarded, social media explodes, the referees life gets ripped apart.

I think these consequences play into the minds of the refs, subconsciously at least, so they are far quicker to give a decision against us or avoid giving one to our opposition. 

I find myself agreeing with you but I do feel that the hatred toward our clubs started with the group now called Res 12.  I'd even say some refs/journalists are sympathetic to Res 12's views and would like to see Rangers have further punishments. CG said Rangers were being witch hunted years back and the response he got from the governing body was 'Prove It'.

4 minutes ago, FSM said:

Tim at my work says exactly the same thing when it comes to decisions against celtic. If I knew any other fans of other teams I reckon they'd probably say the same.

I've come to the conclusion that there might be a wee bit of bias in there, but it's mostly just down to the fact that our referees are complete shite.

Hearts fans believe Beaton is against them

21 minutes ago, big blue Fin said:

Explain the other decisions then.

McKenna fouled Morelos twice prior to him lashing out, why wasn't McKenna at the very least booked for his actions?

Why wasn't Ball at the very least booked for pulling back Windass in the box, making no attempt to go for the ball.

McKay Steven threw the ball with force at Windass(?) Isn't that a bookable offence?

Why was Arfield booked when Devlin grabbed his shirt and forced his face into Arfield's?

Why was Goldson booked?

Why wasn't May at the very least booked for jumping into Jack with what appeared to be deliberate intentbto injure?

And just where did the referee get the idea for 6 minutes extra time?

Too many of our support are wearing blinkers either that or are in desperate need of professional psychiatric care.

People have posted these (myself included, Bridgeisblue etc...) so many times over the last day and still we have our own fans trying to defend ref/counter it.

1 minute ago, BlueThunder said:

Why is this thread title referring to ‘The Rangers’?

Yes, i’m aware that historically we have colloquially been known as that, but in this instance it seems a bit weird.

A bit like all the threads that the OP starts.

10 minutes ago, BlueThunder said:

Why is this thread title referring to ‘The Rangers’?

Yes, i’m aware that historically we have colloquially been known as that, but in this instance it seems a bit weird.

Maybe because colloquially has nothing to do with it. It is our given name, seems a bit weird you don't know that ,simple.

for me it's not a vendetta .nor is it coincidence .

anytime we get a contentious decision the media expose it and it gets talked to death .eventually it's decided by the media that we get a favour .sometimes this can mean demotion for the referees involved .this hits them heavy both financially and reputation wise .

so for me this is the reason the ref needs to be 100pc that anything favourable to us is the correct decision. 

I didn't think he would but glad SG said what he did yesterday and he needs to keep it up until the focus changes and these one sided style ref performances stop 

The way things are now we could get bad calls against us for 10 weeks then get one favour and the old mantra of the masonic ref will get peddled out 

Defo. All the evidence points to it.

Sfa using sellick lawyers

Accusations at title stripping time that someone  allegedly said to mccoist I think "you bastards have been ripping us off for years" re Rangers.

Uproar at retard offices when we won 1st tax tribunal.

Well fucking dodgy decisions.

Goes on and on. We are too unlucky to be so unlucky.

30 minutes ago, big blue Fin said:

Explain the other decisions then.

McKenna fouled Morelos twice prior to him lashing out, why wasn't McKenna at the very least booked for his actions?

Why wasn't Ball at the very least booked for pulling back Windass in the box, making no attempt to go for the ball.

McKay Steven threw the ball with force at Windass(?) Isn't that a bookable offence?

Why was Arfield booked when Devlin grabbed his shirt and forced his face into Arfield's?

Why was Goldson booked?

Why wasn't May at the very least booked for jumping into Jack with what appeared to be deliberate intentbto injure?

Too many of our support are wearing blinkers either that or are in desperate need of professional psychiatric care.

He used his shoulder to jostle him, cant take that out of the game.  They werent fouls.

Could have been red carded for that.

GMS couldnt throw anything with force.

This pisses me off.  any handbags and the ref books both players as if thats the fair answer.  happens all the time but its crap.

Why was Goldson booked?

bad foul

He went for and got the ball.  I agree it was probably malicious but difficult for ref to see that.

Injuries and subs,  minutes wasnt excessive.

Its more to do with an on-going failure to apply the rules to the opposition in the same way they seem to be applied to us. There is an argument that Morelos got a deserved red card because that's what the rules say.  But the same rules would say that McKenna also should of got a red card. 

1 hour ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

I genuinely think that there is a real problem in us getting fair treatment.

The problem stems from just how much we are hated by everyone else in this fucking country.

No matter how bad a call is against us, through social media or phone-ins, there will be more input defending the decision than saying we were hard done by.

When a decision goes against celtic, or indeed anyone playing against us, phone lines get bombarded, social media explodes, the referees life gets ripped apart.

I think these consequences play into the minds of the refs, subconsciously at least, so they are far quicker to give a decision against us or avoid giving one to our opposition. 

?

Top post MM

:UK:

6 minutes ago, Coplander2 said:

He used his shoulder to jostle him, cant take that out of the game.  They werent fouls.

Could have been red carded for that.

GMS couldnt throw anything with force.

This pisses me off.  any handbags and the ref books both players as if thats the fair answer.  happens all the time but its crap.

Why was Goldson booked?

bad foul

He went for and got the ball.  I agree it was probably malicious but difficult for ref to see that.

Injuries and subs,  minutes wasnt excessive.

You're allowed to use your shoulder when challenging for the ball, should to shoulder...remind me where the ball was when McKenna did it to Morelos!

I can't believe you tried to justify the shoulder barges as a shoulder challenge...FFS seriously did I just read that? Wow.

2 minutes ago, Big Al II said:

You're allowed to use your shoulder when challenging for the ball, should to shoulder...remind me where the ball was when McKenna did it to Morelos!

I can't believe you tried to justify the shoulder barges as a shoulder challenge...FFS seriously did I just read that? Wow.

i said jostling.  You ever seen a corner kick being taken?

1 hour ago, Coplander2 said:

I dont buy into this.  Didnt buy into the Tim paranoia either.

Moaning about the red card doesnt help the argument.  It was a clear kick at another player off the ball.  That's a red.  Stick to the real bad decisions not just the ones we don't like.

Kicking out at a player is a yellow in the SFA rulebook.....