*** Official NK Maribor vs Rangers Match Thread***

RFCRobertson

Didn't expect, by any stretch of the imagination, that we'd make it to the Europa League play-offs under Gerrard in his first season, if at all. Absolutely buzzing. Proud of the team he's built and I finally feel like there's a light at the end of what was a very long and dark tunnel. 

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, Smile said:

Glad to be through Morelos is a fucking liability at times even the players were getting pissed off with his petulance.

Honestly Smile...in all my years following Rangers I've never seem a forward like him, he is so much of a handful.

We know he can score, however at the moment the team are in transition and he is leading the line pretty much by himself as well as dropping back to take the pressure of the defence/midfield.

Lets wait till SG completes his jigsaw and Morelos get the support/supply he need to shine, then we can judge him on liability or not.

12 minutes ago, TheMotor said:

Fuck me, there are some right fucking weapons in this thread.

That was a superb team performance and we've got people bitching about player attitudes and the odd stray pass.

Muppets.

That was a proper display by a proper Ranger's team tonight.

Bang on. Superb display through the team. A couple of times where an extra swally of wine happened, but all in all a great team performance. Don’t think UFA will enjoy coming to Ibrox.  

Great post match interview from SG.  He is clearly buzzin'.   A right old put down for Maribor too by declaring they had no respect for us.    He clearly enjoyed the result as much as we did.   He's really got the squad working superbly well for him.

Dave King will be delighted...…...and a bit worried at the same time.    Delighted for the result and improvement and progress.    Worried because there is bound to be more pressure to make more money available to improve the squad.    Answer is simple...…..get the chequebook out and back SG even more. 

5 minutes ago, HG5 said:

Shows how gash some of the players we’ve had have been over the past few years.

It raises some questions over previous groups (I include management in that) too.

I know we’ve not faced any superstars yet, but I can’t ever recall 6 such stress free European matches in a row.

Even incidents like tonight’s penalty have come too late to really cause us concern.

Stress free mate? You must have nerves of steel. I was visibly shaking til I downed a few

2 minutes ago, Blue72 said:

Speaks so well very balanced

Fans sounded immense outnumbered but not outsung hope everyone makes it home safe tonight

Was travelling back from Scotland & the CBC commentary started to get a bit patchy - then a couple of songs burst through load & clear!???

6 minutes ago, HG5 said:

Shows how gash some of the players we’ve had have been over the past few years.

It raises some questions over previous groups (I include management in that) too.

I know we’ve not faced any superstars yet, but I can’t ever recall 6 such stress free European matches in a row.

Even incidents like tonight’s penalty have come too late to really cause us concern.

? mate my fingers are bleeding. Wasn't stress free for me

1 minute ago, To Be A Ranger said:

Stress free mate? You must have nerves of steel. I was visibly shaking til I downed a few

?

Possibly helped that I was listening, not watching, but sounded like we had it all under control!

Archived