*** Official NK Maribor vs Rangers Match Thread***

RFCRobertson

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Smile said:

He's a liability he cost us three points against Aberdeen and could have cost us tonight with his petulance. Why did the Maribor players niggle him should be the question.

He cost us nothing against the sheep. The fucking ref/linesman did us. And it was 2 points not 3. 

Can't believe some people claiming Morelos was awful.  Fair enough offside for Tav's cross was poor but his hold up play was incredible, was so isolated for much of the game but our midfield would clear long to him, he'd either win a foul, hold up or win a thrown  in.  He took so much pressure of the rest of the team.

3 minutes ago, TheMotor said:

Fuck me, there are some right fucking weapons in this thread.

That was a superb team performance and we've got people bitching about player attitudes and the odd stray pass.

Muppets.

That was a proper display by a proper Ranger's team tonight.

:lol: Correct, remember Pedro in the bushes? just how well has Gerrard and his trusty staff done to mould a team in no tie at all?

1 minute ago, Smile said:

We need better upfront and a player who is brighter than Morelos he's too easy to wind up like a daft wee boy.

We can't afford better than Morelos.  If you take the fire out of him then you lose a big part of his game.  He will become more streetwise in time, he is still learning and already one of our best players.

Just now, Hadron Collider said:

He cost us nothing against the sheep. The fucking ref/linesman did us. And it was 2 points not 3. 

Nothing to do with the Ref he gave him the option the same way he did tonight he's an easy guy to work.

3 minutes ago, TheMotor said:

Fuck me, there are some right fucking weapons in this thread.

That was a superb team performance and we've got people bitching about player attitudes and the odd stray pass.

Muppets.

That was a proper display by a proper Ranger's team tonight.

Wonder what they were like during the 2008 run. 

Going away from home only needing not to concede, which we done, is fine. 

I'd rather we went out to defend a lead, especially a 2 goal one, rather than try to score and getting caught short at the back. 

Just now, RDB14 said:

We can't afford better than Morelos.  If you take the fire out of him then you lose a big part of his game.  He will become more streetwise in time, he is still learning and already one of our best players.

I think or hope we will get better tonight just shows me the idiots not learned from the Aberdeen game.

1 minute ago, Smile said:

I think or hope we will get better tonight just shows me the idiots not learned from the Aberdeen game.

If someone sticks their head into your face like tonight 

What player wouldn't react 

He has to find a better way of not reacting but his scowling face makes him an easy target 

Wish to fuck he would smile just a little more 

7 minutes ago, WATP-FOREVER said:

MAKE NO MISTAKE, IF LIVERPOOL, CHELSEA, MANU OR MANC GANIED 3-1 & 0-0 AGAINST MARIBOR THEY WOULD BE CHUFFED.

AEK OR MOLDE ARE NUFFIN COMPARED TO MARIBOR.

I actually think the best team we played in this run has been Osijek.

4 minutes ago, pcbear said:

:lol: Correct, remember Pedro in the bushes? just how well has Gerrard and his trusty staff done to mould a team in no tie at all?

Shows how gash some of the players we’ve had have been over the past few years.

It raises some questions over previous groups (I include management in that) too.

I know we’ve not faced any superstars yet, but I can’t ever recall 6 such stress free European matches in a row.

Even incidents like tonight’s penalty have come too late to really cause us concern.

Archived