FC UFA next up

feda16

Apparently in their first tie they struggled against Domzale (who finished 3rd in the Slovenian league) and were lucky to get through on away goals.

Out of four games they've played in Europe so far, they've only won one (2-1 at home to Progrès), drawing the rest.

I actually watched the whole second leg against Progrès, Ufa were fucking terrible, their players kept losing the ball every second touch, and if Progrès hadn't missed several sitters and conceded a goal due to a defensive fuckup then Ufa would be out. They genuinely didn't look interested, like they knew they were only there on a technicality and saw it as a distraction. It's odd, because on paper their squad is decent and probably not much worse than ours, so I can only conclude that they don't really give a fuck about the Europa League.

Hopefully we thump them 4 or 5-0 at Ibrox so we can relax for the second leg.

1 hour ago, Bronzy said:

Apparently in their first tie they struggled against Domzale (who finished 3rd in the Slovenian league) and were lucky to get through on away goals.

Out of four games they've played in Europe so far, they've only won one (2-1 at home to Progrès), drawing the rest.

I actually watched the whole second leg against Progrès, Ufa were fucking terrible, their players kept losing the ball every second touch, and if Progrès hadn't missed several sitters and conceded a goal due to a defensive fuckup then Ufa would be out. They genuinely didn't look interested, like they knew they were only there on a technicality and saw it as a distraction. It's odd, because on paper their squad is decent and probably not much worse than ours, so I can only conclude that they don't really give a fuck about the Europa League.

Hopefully we thump them 4 or 5-0 at Ibrox so we can relax for the second leg.

Ive updated the initial posting with more info from last season, seem very average, i reckon we'd need to get the job done at Ibrox as going to Russia is never easy for any team.

19 hours ago, DrLaudrup said:

True but I actually think the number of games has helped us bed in our new players. Especially with getting good results we hopefully will have real momentum going into that game. 

Wasn't complaining about number of games was only thinking about recovery time based on a long flight and time difference return from Ufa as opposed to Luxembourg.   I now see it is a 15.00 UK time ko so should still be able to get team home in early hours of Friaday which would be same as a 19.45 ko in Luxembourg so less of an issue that I was concerned about. 

They play away to Dynamo Moscow on Monday night before they travel to Glasgow the next day. It’ll be interesting to see how they get on.

I can’t say I keep up with Russian football but everyone knows Dynamo and you’d expect they’d be capable of giving them a gubbing if Ufa are as bad as has been made out.

50 minutes ago, Essandoh said:

They play away to Dynamo Moscow on Monday night before they travel to Glasgow the next day. It’ll be interesting to see how they get on.

I can’t say I keep up with Russian football but everyone knows Dynamo and you’d expect they’d be capable of giving them a gubbing if Ufa are as bad as has been made out.

UFA are meant to be a decent defensive unit it seems so dunno if they’re likely to get gubbed.

http://russianfootballnews.com/who-are-Rangers-europa-league-opponents-fc-ufa/

19 minutes ago, Siwel said:

UFA are meant to be a decent defensive unit it seems so dunno if they’re likely to get gubbed.

http://russianfootballnews.com/who-are-Rangers-europa-league-opponents-fc-ufa/

The whole of the 2nd leg against Progrès their defence was fucking awful, the CBs weren't marking anyone and were practically nonexistent.

1 minute ago, Bronzy said:

The whole of the 2nd leg against Progrès their defence was fucking awful, the CBs weren't marking anyone and were practically nonexistent.

Never watched it but that sounds promising, the score line didn’t suggest they were that much better than Progres so we should be looking at killing this tie off in the first leg.

1 minute ago, Siwel said:

Never watched it but that sounds promising, the score line didn’t suggest they were that much better than Progres so we should be looking at killing this tie off in the first leg.

Every one of Progrès' goals in both games were from set pieces/crosses over the top, if I was a betting man I'd stick a large amount on Goldson or Katic scoring.

10 hours ago, Essandoh said:

Dynamo Moscow are fucking shite mate.