*** The Official Rangers Fc vs UFA Match Thread ***

RFCRobertson

23 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

They really don’t. 

Lokomotiv Moscow (Champions) 0-0 UFA 

UFA 1-0 Lokomotiv Moscow 

CSKA (2nd place) 1-1 UFA 

UFA 0-0 CSKA 

4 games against the top 2 teams with 0 losses and just 1 goal conceded.

This won't be as easy as some think.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, TheKingObv said:

Lokomotiv Moscow (Champions) 0-0 UFA 

UFA 1-0 Lokomotiv Moscow 

CSKA (2nd place) 1-1 UFA 

UFA 0-0 CSKA 

4 games against the top 2 teams with 0 losses and just 2 goals conceded.

This won't be as easy as some think.

Played 30 11 wins 10 draws 9 defeats 

they shipped 3 last night  

Obviously someone is beating them or they wouldn’t be way down the league, and only qualifying for the Europa League on a technicality. 

Just now, Courtyard Bear said:

Played 30 11 wins 10 draws 9 defeats 

they shipped 3 last night  

Obviously someone is beating them or they wouldn’t be way down the league, and only qualifying for the Europa League on a technicality. 

I said the top teams struggle and you denied it ?

They’ll be hard to break down but think it will be one of those games that once we find that breakthrough their game plan will go to shit, need to just go for it from the start as they’d be delighted to get to 60/70 mins at 0-0. Still a huge test though and you can’t underestimate anyone at this level.

3 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Because they don’t, you just going to ignore the facts that you don’t like. 

Dynamo are lying 6th well above UFA and both Loco and CSKA have had terrible starts to the season. 

I said the top teams in Russia struggle against them. You denied it. Then i literally just gave you facts about the top 2 teams in Russia struggling against them. Its clear in games where they are underdogs they are hard to beat. Are you a bit simple?

4 minutes ago, TheKingObv said:

I said the top teams in Russia struggle against them. You denied it. Then i literally just gave you facts about the top 2 teams in Russia struggling against them. Its clear in games where they are underdogs they are hard to beat. Are you a bit simple?

No but you seem to only use the stats that suit you, both the so called top teams you’ve used have had a terrible start to the season and UFA got them at a good time and still couldn’t beat them, looking at the record of those 2 teams they are having trouble putting the ball in the net. 

I take it you don’t want to mention UFA getting well beat by 2 mid table teams in that same time frame, seems they found it no trouble to beat them  

6 minutes ago, ianb1547 said:

Interesting to know that only once before has a team gone through 4 qualifying rounds to reach the group stage.

Hoping we are the second.

We have found Tom Millers username here

1 hour ago, ianb1547 said:

Interesting to know that only once before has a team gone through 4 qualifying rounds to reach the group stage.

Hoping we are the second.

2007-2008 was last time Rangers won four knockout ties in a row.

5 minutes ago, TheKingObv said:

What makes you so sure 4th in Croatia is better than 6th in Russia? 

Having watched both, I'd agree that Osijek are better.

Ufa's two wins this season so far have been at home to Progrès and Anzhi (who should have been relegated last season but weren't due to two other teams being demoted due to financial problems), which leads me to believe they aren't particularly great.

3 minutes ago, Bronzy said:

Having watched both, I'd agree that Osijek are better.

Ufa's two wins this season so far have been at home to Progrès and Anzhi (who should have been relegated last season but weren't due to two other teams being demoted due to financial problems), which leads me to believe they aren't particularly great.

And Osijek were brutal against Moldovan minnows in the round before they played us. And they turned out to be decent.

As I said in the other thread, it's a good draw but will be tricky.

4 minutes ago, TheKingObv said:

And Osijek were brutal against Moldovan minnows in the round before they played us. And they turned out to be decent.

As I said in the other thread, it's a good draw but will be tricky.

I'm not saying it will be a 6 or 7 goal mauling, I just think that Ufa aren't that good and we could easily win 3-0/4-0 if we take our chances as they just sit in and try to score from set pieces. They'll also be tired from having to play Monday night then doing the long flight to here, couple that with the psychological effect the visa issue could have had and I think we should try and get a strong lead without conceding at Ibrox, which should do.

Mid table Russia is very competitive, but its expected they’ll finish top half again this season (above 8th).

Yesterday was the first time they conceded 3 goals in a game since November, and they rotated heavily. They’ve only conceded 3 or more goals 6 times in the last two and a bit seasons (60+ matches). They are a tough nut to crack.

Archived