*** The Official Rangers Fc vs UFA Match Thread ***

RFCRobertson

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, Scottyarf37 said:

I think this is going to be a lit tougher that some are expecting   

Hope young Middleton starts and tears them to shreds  

I think it’s more a reflection on us than them to be honest. It’s refreshing to see so many confident people about tonight compared to this time last year when folk were genuinely concerned about Progres :lol:

I don’t think it will be easy either but I hope I’m wrong

On the evidence of my own two eyes in watching their last two games the Russians look a very poor side.

On the other hand I don't believe that a side that bad could finish 6th in that leaugue. Clearly the Russian equivelent of a Motherwell/St Johnstone I suspect that they are simply inconsitent.

Today could be 1-0 or 6-0 depending on which Ufa turns up. I would be happy to split the difference and take 3-0 into the away leg.

11 hours ago, MilkAndHoney said:

Hello!

Just a casual Ufa fan passing by...

A couple of notes. First of all, our club name's Ufa. It's a city in Russia, not abbreviation. Second, it's amusing to see all your predictions like 3-0 5-1 etc, but it'll be a tough game of us all. Don't forget that Russian league is strong and superior of that of Scotland, and even 6th place finish is achievement.

We had a shaky start to the season due to the fact that our manager Sergei Semak signed with Zenit. Our new manager isn't good as previous, but it's a local talent who fell short of a career of pro footballer and has only assistant experience. Even so, it will be a match of roughly equal sides. 

We indeed rested much of the team in previous league match. But we have a very short bench, our squad depth is scarce. We played our 1st team vs Progres, but the same team played in a league match a week before and they were tired and hence not fully ready for the game.

Your friend from the land of milk and honey ?

Can you ask Putin to do to Sturgeon what he did to Hillary Clinton.

McGregor

Tavernier - Goldson - Katic - Flanagan

Jack

Ejaria - Arfield

Candeias - Morelos - Lafferty/Kent.

Cant see any change in formation. really certain this'll be the team but just unsure whether he will throw lafferty straight in over Kent.

Archived