The pitch

GOAT

Said it in the Murphy thread but any team who’s player picks up a nasty injury due to an artificial pitch should be able to claim the players wages from somewhere until he is fit to train again, whether it’s the club that owns the pitch or the SPL for allowing it, either would no doubt be end up with insurance to cover it but the principle stands that the victim club should be entitled to compensation

Football on the cheap. If you can't afford to fit and upkeep a grass pitch then why are you in the top tier of scottish football?

Players and fans alike hate artificial pitches but have to endure them. They potentially cause injuries and certainly detract from the game. It's amateurish and unprofessional.

An absolute joke that these are allowed 

I play in a 7 a side league at Falkirk stadium and every time I’m on the pitch I think about how bizarre it is. Professional football teams playing on the same horrendous pitch I have a kick about with my mates on.

A top flight side shouldn’t need the relatively small income generated by one of these pitches, I get it down the divisions at teams like Stenhousemuir where every penny counts but not in the top flight 

7 hours ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Gerrard says these pitches in general (never mind Kilmarnocks abysmal one) should be permitted in the top league.

Never mind the fact he's right, expect this opinion to be roundly criticised in the press in the days ahead.

I mean players have fucked their ligaments on grass this season too. There was ehm, there was, eh.. .........no one.

Of course, players have fucked their ligaments playing on grass (I did) but there has always been an extenuating factor involved that was never caused by the actual pitch.; yet we have that fucking idiot Gordon Smith ( Yea! the one who used to play for us and later became our "Director of Football" and CEO of the SFA) spouting shite on the BBC....."I played when there were no astroturf pitches and there were a lot of injuries then as well. People got the same injuries - knee injuries, twisted ankles - and on any kind of surface, not just astroturf." So the cunt has no idea what playing on Astroturf feels like, yet acts like he's a fucking medical expert. It was also interesting to hear Stevie Smith, our ex-fullback, who has experience of playing on that pitch, say the Killie players detest playing on it, and in fact, it's even worse for them because they have to train on it every day.

The worrying thing for me is that the Killie pitch is regarded as the best plastic pitch in Scotland and we have to go there at least twice more and also go to Hamilton and Livingston, which according to reports are shockers.