Jump to content

The pitch


GOAT

Recommended Posts

Just now, GOAT said:

That’s just off the top of my head Waghorn and Murphy got serious injuries on that pitch so far something needs tae be done.  Disgraceful 

Brendan hasnt complained so the pitch is okay.

But in all seriousness... it was a disgrace. Not even the fact that it was 3G but it looked like a shitey, worn-down, East Ayrshire Council 3G pitch in the middle of Shortlees

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, Siwel said:

Dodoo got injured on that pitch too I think

I’d be interested to know if other teams have have players seriously injured on that pitch, something needs tae be done. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, GOAT said:

I’d be interested to know if other teams have have players seriously injured on that pitch, something needs tae be done. 

Rodgers complained about it last season and blamed it for an injury to Boyata

Link to post
Share on other sites

Gerrard says these pitches in general (never mind Kilmarnocks abysmal one) should be permitted in the top league.

Never mind the fact he's right, expect this opinion to be roundly criticised in the press in the days ahead.

I mean players have fucked their ligaments on grass this season too. There was ehm, there was, eh.. .........no one.

Link to post
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Fucking embarrassing that a football club in the Scottish Prem has a plastic pitch

1/4 of the pitches in the league are artificial.

Going by experience the best artificial that a pro club uses is Broadwood and Accies being the worst. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, 1690tamRFC said:

Surely Killie must have an abnormal amount of ligament damage injuries from using the pitch too. You’d think grass would benefit them also. 

The thought had crossed my mind  but I don't recall Kilmarnock having many players missing through injury.

Link to post
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, 1690tamRFC said:

Surely Killie must have an abnormal amount of ligament damage injuries from using the pitch too. You’d think grass would benefit them also. 

 

2 minutes ago, Real Ranger said:

The thought had crossed my mind  but I don't recall Kilmarnock having many players missing through injury.

I imagine that if you play and train on it all the time, you probably get accustomed to it and therefor it isnt as much of a risk to the home team. Probably more of a risk than always playing on grass, but would explain why half their team isnt injured constantly.

I think that visiting teams who are used to playing primarily on grass would be at a higher risk, as their muscle memory is telling them to twist and turn as if they were on grass.

Link to post
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, Ryju84 said:

Brendan hasnt complained so the pitch is okay.

But in all seriousness... it was a disgrace. Not even the fact that it was 3G but it looked like a shitey, worn-down, East Ayrshire Council 3G pitch in the middle of Shortlees

Certainly does look like it's well past it's best and they have far too much infill on it to stop the ball over bouncing/running out.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...