Liam Burt gone on loan to Alloa

shaka

Alloa just confirmed on their website that Liam Burt's joined them on loan.  Another player who really needs to start impressing during these loans if he ever wants to make it with us.  Hopefully does well.  Big things were expected of him before he started picking up injuries all the time.

http://www.alloaathletic.co.uk/BlogView.aspx?pageid=2&ItemID=1828&mid=2

Alloa eh.   Doesn't strike me as being an ideal move for him but if that was all that was available, or the only choice he was prepared to accept for a chance of playing first team football then I wish him all the very best.   Have they not got a plastic pitch?   If so then wonder how that'll work out for him in looking to keep as injury free as possible as well as using it as a platform to show what he can offer as a first team player.    Its a pity that loans can be organised with English lower division clubs to give the players the opportunity for a much better quality of game to learn from.

I think if we are loaning out young players, if we genuinely consider them to have a future they should either stay in our league or do what Docherty has done and go to the English Championship. 

Dropping to the lower Scottish leagues might make players used to being kicked but won't improve their technique against better opposition. They need to be in competitive leagues. I think it is unlikely this loan will help Burt and indicates he may not make it with us. Doesn't matter where older players like Holt/Pena/Herrera go - just get them anywhere if they are not going to play.

32 minutes ago, DrLaudrup said:

I think if we are loaning out young players, if we genuinely consider them to have a future they should either stay in our league or do what Docherty has done and go to the English Championship. 

Dropping to the lower Scottish leagues might make players used to being kicked but won't improve their technique against better opposition. They need to be in competitive leagues. I think it is unlikely this loan will help Burt and indicates he may not make it with us. Doesn't matter where older players like Holt/Pena/Herrera go - just get them anywhere if they are not going to play.

He's playing in League 1. For a club that will likely be playing in League 2 next season.