***** The Official Beasts v Rangers Match Thread*****

Orange and Blue

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, sassaaaa said:

Gerrard has got out of jail here first half , Morelos is a waste of a fuckin jersey and should never have started adding another midfielder as we have done fuck all. Tavernier has been the bombscare we all knew he would be. They are nowhere near as good as Gerrard thinks they are , we should go on the offensive second half.

Morelos hasn't got another Rangers player within 30 yards.

Don’t know what to make of that first half. 

Surey has to have been part of Gerard’s plan to sit in for the first half and save the legs for hitting them in the second? 

If so, it’s worked. 

However, if it wasn’t part of his game plan then it’s a hugely disappointing first half.

I’d also say the the ref has been very lenient for us and fished them a couple of yellows that were harsh. Not that I’m complaining right enough, it’s about fucking time.

Absolutely shocking first half, again our midfield just like last season bullied and passed all over the place.  Gerrard better be kicking balls in that dressing room because that was pathetic.  Everything that’s a 50/50 is falling to they cunts they want this more which is fucking disgusting. 

We had more of an attacking threat with 9 men in the week. 

We can play football do why the fuck are we acting like a bottom of the table Sunday league side that lumps the ball out at every opportunity. 

Obviously we are much better defensively but we can't expect to let them put ball after ball into our box and not score for 90 mins. 

3 minutes ago, WATPWATP said:

how many fucking times,I've been saying it since he joined us,Tav can't defend worth a fuck! stick him in midfield and put a PROPER RB at RB! stop trying to turn him into one ffs! he'll cost us shit load of goals until it gets sorted!

He’s also never a captain I was hoping he got sold as I just don’t like him but he’s here so I’ll support him but not impressed so far again this season 

We had more of an attacking threat with 9 men in the week. 

We can play football do why the fuck are we acting like a bottom of the table Sunday league side that lumps the ball out at every opportunity. 

Obviously we are much better defensively but we can't expect to let them put ball after ball into our box and not score for 90 mins. 

They aren’t any better than us it’s all about the attitude and the tactics, they are playing to dominate the game and putting in everything ours are sitting back inviting pressure and have completely abandoned the pressing game we have excelled at.

We have defended well but we can’t continue in the same way for another 45 minutes we won’t keep a clean sheet so we need to come flying out the traps in the second half and take the game to them.

I’d maybe put on Glenn Middleton so we have someone capable of taking them on, give Tierney (or Lustig) something to think about.

2 minutes ago, offminorthreat said:

The only difference between us and them is Tierney, Rogic and Fat McGregor unfortunately. Rest of their squad is gash

Unfortunately, unless it involves lumping a ball up in the air, ours don’t look any better.

We haven’t put anything together at all that half - not even completing the simplest of links.

Only discernible change from last year is a bit more defensive resilience & secure goalkeeping.

Jack & Arfield are working like mad in midfield but getting no support from Ejaria & little from Kent.

So far so good. I know it's horrible to watch but if we pressed them the way people want us to do after Thursday's efforts the team would be cunted. We've contained, conserved energy and limited them to very few chances. They've only had one clear cut chance which McGregor dealt with comfortably enough. I don't include the two which hit the bar as clear cut chances. I expect us to start the second half the same way which is the right thing to do. We need to win more individual battles though as every 50/50 they seem to come out with the ball.

Archived