Are we back to long ball punts.

stevotrueblue

3 hours ago, Skyson1872 said:

Have you even looked at Hearts record at Parkhead? It is just as bad as ours, so stop peddling this 'Hearts can do it' shite. Hearts also never played 8 european qualifiers before their game either.

3 hours ago, RJMcGregor said:

bear in mind how much easier it is to play a high pressing game when your pitch is rather small like hearts is, we have a larger pitch and so alot harder to play pressing football

We need to let the grass grow a bit.

3 hours ago, Skyson1872 said:

Have you even looked at Hearts record at Parkhead? It is just as bad as ours, so stop peddling this 'Hearts can do it' shite. Hearts also never played 8 european qualifiers before their game either.

Using the 9 man game in Russia is one thing, as I agree it must have shattered the guys involved. And that on its own is a valid reason for our performance. ?

But I wish people wouldn't keep saying things like "played 8 qualifying ties" and " been a very hectic start to the season with the amount of games we have played"

Because the reality of that side of it is the tims have played as many games as us. Same amount of qualifiers, and same amount domestically. 

5 hours ago, Ryju84 said:

Not sure why we don't play it out to our defenders who are more assured on the ball than we have had for the last 8 years.

Half of McGregors punt outs go to opposition. The other half go out that right touchline.

(Im exaggerating slightly) When punt out goes to Morelos he holds up well but we need the midfield to boost forward more.

Katic yes, but Goldson is pretty ordinary trying to pass a ball.

Unless we had 50 mil to spend, there is no quick fix for us.

A team is being moulded with lesser mortals, to get the best out of them. To establish a system and style of play that can make an effective challenge.

It was never going to be an easy ask, but thus far, I think we have exceeded expectations in Europe, but faltered domestically. I'll put that down to lack of depth in our squad and trial and error in how we are setting up.

It will take more trial and error, but we will get the consistency needed to make that challenge, sooner rather than later.

Gerrard is no loser and our players will not be having it easy. It will all come together.

4 hours ago, Zulu said:

Route one football is this what SG wants is this why he brought in Lafferty its going to be fukin back to McCoist  type football fuck that perish the thought

Please start using some full stops and capital letters here and there. Thanks in advance.

5 hours ago, TheCutch said:

Using the 9 man game in Russia is one thing, as I agree it must have shattered the guys involved. And that on its own is a valid reason for our performance. ?

But I wish people wouldn't keep saying things like "played 8 qualifying ties" and " been a very hectic start to the season with the amount of games we have played"

Because the reality of that side of it is the tims have played as many games as us. Same amount of qualifiers, and same amount domestically. 

They have a far bigger squad to rotate and we have had a far tougher schedule, away to Aberdeen, Killie and Motherwell versus home to Livingston, Hamilton and away to Thistle never mind the fact we have played 3 games with 9/10 men. Anyone who thinks our schedule has been comparable to theirs is deluded.