***The Official Rangers V Kilmarnock Match Thread***

ForeverAndEver

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Gerrard's the right man.

Most of these players aren't the right players.

This result has fuck all to do with tactics. It's about mentality and quality.

He may be the right man and I will continue to give him the benefit of doubt for now, at least for another window and hes allowed to try to bring in a proper creative midfielder. There are some things that completely puzzle me though. For instance why even sign grezda if youre never gonna play him? And joe worral? Im sorry but why play a loanee who isn't as good as someone weve actually signed. I really do not rate worral at all and cannot see how the manager does.

11 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Utter pish.

We simply don't have the quality to break down ten behind the ball.

Oh wait a minute, we've got the best striker in Britain who just leads the line so well and look how he just holds up that ball. Fuckng dynamite. Did he leave the field of play after that first goal?!

Oh wait a minute, there's another thread coming up on how good he was. Whoop de fucking do!

This place is a fucking loon asylum.

Guys calling for his head . Unfucking believable . You don't see any posts from them all week too

Really don't know what to say.  I'm trying not to lose it but struggling to contain it.

It now appears that Gerrard has fucked it and it's not even November.

How fucking hard is it to realise that you need a plan B as our manager.  We're a scalp for every team out there.  Teams will generally therefore play to neutralise our strengths rather than having a go.   Start the season with a preferred style - when teams start to adjust their style to beat plan A - CHANGE IT UP , keep it fresh.   

Looking at Warburton should have been a big fucking warning to future managers that this is how it will go during the season.  I honestly don't give a fuck about Europe now, if our domestic form is fucked the game is a bogey.

And don't get me started on the carefully planned release of the accounts.  £14m loss, Jesus Christ when will it end?

6 minutes ago, Vision said:

Could see this coming a mile away, all the talk after Sunday of getting 3 points, player's bottled it again.

There's just to much pressure on these player's heads the jerseys to heavy.

We need someone that can conjure up a bit of magic that'll get us a result in games like these.

Gerrard has built a good foundation he needs decent money to buy the player's who can deliver performances consistently.

That's not happening so we need someone who can get the best out of what's available

5 minutes ago, Copland bear said:

Why the fuck is Katic not in the team? Is it part of Worral's loan that he must play a set amount of games? Katic was a £2m palyer looking a steal st the price , but the way things really going he will be worth £1m .

Steve Clarke could not even get a bloody interview for the job and his record at Killie over the past year is second to not even Brenda's all conquering celtic.  We go for a unproven manager and we need to hope he turns this around and fast as it's a disgrace. 

Switch the managers about and Kilmarnock would be propping up the table and we certainly wouldn't be in any worse a position. 

Gerrard's going down the same road as Gary Neville and Neil McCann, as a pundit full of seemingly intelligent insights and idealistic notions of how it should be done, but unable to translate it to the training pitch or during the 90 minutes. 

7 minutes ago, Blue Viking said:

Totally agree and he will get it right, when he gets some new players

Well how many does he need? The ones he brought in which cost us big haven’t exactly done wonders. Grezda doesn’t get a game and he was 2 million, Lafferty changes nothing and we are playing 2 defensive midfielders against utter shite at home? 

Gerrard picks the team, he sets out the instructions and has brought a good amount of the players who started or featured tonight.

Its all well saying he is the right man and needs more players but we don’t have the money to spend every window especially when we spend circa 3-4 million on 2 players we don’t see much of.

Our league position is a disgrace and if it continues then we are left with few options.

I don't think replacing Gerrard is the way to go, we rip it up and start again every season and it doesn't work. We need quality in wingers who can cross the ball, a corner taker who can take corners and someone who can shoot from 20 yards and more.

5 minutes ago, writingranger said:

one of the most frustrating performances I've seen. The problem seems to be moving the ball at pace moving forward. Even I can see some of the passes but the players pass it sideways after stopping for a wee look around. That and some of the players just hang on to the ball for too long, it just pisses me right off.

First 10 minutes the ball was moved at pace and we looked like scoring from the start and eventually take the lead. For some inexplicable reason suddenly its back to passing around the back four, then when we score the hearts shrunk to the size of a pea and it was game over.

Same old story. Pedestrian pish. Teams happy to let us have all the ball because they know we don't have the ability to create clear chances most of the time. Reminds me of the Warburton era.

We are never challenging this season. Maybe Hearts will stop 8 in a row. Gutting.

Just now, Jeffrey said:

That's not happening so we need someone who can get the best out of what's available

This.

Folk think we can just muster up 5-10 million in January to fix it. Wake the fuck up

We spent a huge amount in terms of our circumstances in the summer, we have been giving out improved contract to players like Tav and Morelos so I very much doubt we will be throwing silly money about in Jan when the league will be over.  

Fuck waiting another summer to hope it changes and that rancid mob are gifted more titles because we can’t get out house in order.

Honeymoon period is well and truly over now. 

Our play is too predictable. Sit deep, stay organised and you'll get something off us. 90% of the time we'll be facing this approach from other teams.

He's got to change it up now and try something else. If he doesn't it is Warburton all over again. 

1 minute ago, soulboy said:

Anyone know how many games we haven't won with Worrall starting ? Can't be many and he was awful tonight again along with Flanagan they 2 shouldn't start another game unless we really have nobody else.

I will be honest . I am not taking to him . I preferred Katic . Think there is no way back on that one now

And Alfredo has not enough desire for me . He is playing on his new contact . He scores a goal and its if the shift is over

I also wish Lafferty had stayed at jambos .He is never going to be the player we need up front

Shocking lethargy in tonight's performance again all round

2 minutes ago, the brown brogue said:

Switch the managers about and Kilmarnock would be propping up the table and we certainly wouldn't be in any worse a position. 

Gerrard's going down the same road as Gary Neville and Neil McCann, as a pundit full of seemingly intelligent insights and idealistic notions of how it should be done, but unable to translate it to the training pitch or during the 90 minutes. 

For a ex midfielder he does not have a decent midfielder who can take control of the game.  Why do we play with 2 wide players all the time  ?   

15 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

The CB's are not the problem.

You're right it's not the CB's that's the problem it's only one of them and it's Worrall. Gerrard needs to drop him and Flanagan or we'll be out of the title race by xmas.

Archived