Why are people expecting things to click after just 5 months?

RFCRobertson

1 minute ago, B1872 said:

Hearts aren’t playing in Europe and have a week to prepare for most of their games.

Hearts don't have the numbers, quality or resources we do. It's no one else's fault but our own that we don't rotate. Regardless our subs like Grezda, Lafferty, Barasic, Katic and others who costs millions should be trusted to be able to get results from teams like Motherwell and Livingston. It's just more excuses which le Guen wasn't given despite very similar European success on the back of shite domestic form.

Gerrard is seeing what fans' expectation levels can really be. Even at Liverpool, fans' demands are lower, in a relative sense, than here.

Bet he never experienced the kind of fury our fans were directing at points last night from the Kop.

16 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Well how are hearts doing it?

It's a tired excuse when we have spent a fortune compared to everyone else bar the tims. Our squad is far, far superior to all expect 1 team in this league yet we are sitting in 4th place and knocked out the cup by Aberdeen.

It's clearly not even nearly good enough.

Because with the exception of Hibs, teams don’t treat games against Hearts like they are playing in their cup final.

Too many people are just choosing to ignore that teams have constantly raised their game against us for the past 30 years and a large reason why we have managed to get results is because we have had real quality players who would stand up and demand the ball because they had the quality to be real difference makers when the chips were down. Now we are going into games and hoping people like Candeias, Ejaria and Kent will pull out a moment of quality to turn a point into three or turn a game on its head.

We used to have 1 bogey team (the scum). Then we had 2 (scum and sheep). This has built over the years to the point that we're lucky to get a draw away, a result against the like of Killie and are now showing poor form at home.

This has not, is not and never will be Rangers class, regardless of the manager, it's not a fucking new thing expecting Rangers to win games. Some are just acceptive of it nowadays.

1 hour ago, don logan said:

He has a four year contract and I don't think it was in his remit to win the league in season one. We are 10 games into our domestic season, there's been some good (home league form and Europe) and some bad (away league form and Sunday). SG has the potential to be a great manager but has to be given time and space to learn and reach that potential. The reactions on here when we don't win are almost always nonsensical and devoid of realism. They are also overly extreme and not really reflective of the general attitude of the Rangers support.

It should be

1 hour ago, Hutton2008 said:

Sadly Rangers are not a training project, nor is not challenging for the title acceptable in any circumstance - even more so when you spend large sums of money on a squad overhaul.

its a must we are in a title fight come January. The masses just won’t accept less.

Respectfully, Hutton, bollocks. Your comments are devoid of the realities. Some of those being, we are paupers right now in comparison with the scum. They also have a settled team, we've had a total overhaul and it will be a while before the new squad settles. So, realistically, we shouldn't be winning the league this season. I'm prepared to give SG time as are many that I know. We are looking for clear signs of progress this season and, so far so good (Europe and our home league form). You need to dial things down a bit if you truly expect to win the League this year as you are always going to be unhappy and disappointed.

1 hour ago, GlasgowRangers1983 said:

Defo agree with the highlighted parts

Quality is needed to be added ASAP we need a creative midfielder that can provide the moment of magic or spark that's needed to break down the defense. Our passing last night was side to side and was sore to watch at times.

I would still love to see 352 with 3 center halfs at the back and Tav and Baric bombing up and down the wings. I still think that was in SG plans but as it failed at Motherwell he has been reluctant to use plus injuries have not helped.

With money we have made with the Euro run lets get out and spend the cash on that creative spark we have been missing.

I agree we lack imagination. We should still have enough though to break teams at this level down. If things aren't working (like the wide men crossing into the box) it doesn't seem like SG has another plan to hand? Maybe due to the personnel or maybe due to his lack of experience of how to alter the flow of a game. 

The players need to step up if they have anything about them and get behind the manager. Like previously mentioned in this thread, we are seriously lucky that the Fenians started off so poorly, otherwise the title would be already out of sight and SG would already be considered as bad as Pedro/Murty and Warburton. 

If this set of players (the majority of whom he brought here) have their managers back then they'll kick on from here. 

We've been ran over by a pish motherwell, struggled for 80 minutes against hamilton, couldn't score if our lives depended on it against the worst sheep team in a good few years in a vital game and the same again away to livi ffs. 

Domestically we can't seem to "grind out" fuck all, or keep a clean sheet. That plus us not having many goal threats in the team outwith Morelos is brutal as fuck.

It's increasingly frustrating to see similar shit to the last few seasons panning out in front of us again, especially after such results and performances in Europe. 

What do people actually think would he acceptable able this season then? 

Forget winning the league but if we're any less than a comfortable 2nd with no cup again can people honestly say that would be good enough?

I desperately want the Gerrard project to work and I got excited about it myself albeit without getting as carried away as some so I'm absolutely gutted at these doubts creeping in. But there surely has to be some sort of expectation rather than talking like this season is just a free pass? 

1 minute ago, simplythebest said:

Forget winning the league but if we're any less than a comfortable 2nd with no cup again can people honestly say that would be good enough?

I desperately want the Gerrard project to work and I got excited about it myself albeit without getting as carried away as some so I'm absolutely gutted at these doubts creeping in. But there surely has to be some sort of expectation rather than talking like this season is just a free pass? 

The amount of money we are spending ur damn right there is expectation this season.

I find it impossible to believe our training is sideways based and backwards.

like it or not Gerrard said the players go into shells sometimes. There’s nothing he can do about it except change said players.  It’s hard bringing a winning mentality to a bunch of players associated with losing unless we signed good winners.

all the talk of hearts is just sticks to beat the manager with.  They will fall away and we’ve already smashed them. Average players brings average results 

1 minute ago, King Jela said:

Cunts have been looking forward to us dropping points since the good feeling Europe brought at the start of the season, definitely. You can see it, the usual ones coming out the woodwork and chipping in with their usual pish. 

I'm waiting for @K.A.I to return so that I can hear how pish Tavernier is and why Morelos and Candeias are mongos

10 minutes ago, simplythebest said:

You don’t think there’s expectations now because we’ve dropped points? Holy fuck, this place is getting worse :lol: 

Just now, King Jela said:

Aye, I wonder who our next gaffer will be now that Gerrard has been sacked and tims won 10 in a row ?‍♂️

I'm all for giving Gerrard time mate I was on here saying Pedro needed time also like every manager. But the players we have now are better than the shit Pedro brought in we should be doing better 

25 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

This whole need time, can't expect so much in 5 months is a load of utter horseshit. Same pish was spouted last year as an excuse for Pedro when me and others were in the minority who knew it would end in disaster. Give it until xmas was another go to line last year.

Don't care if it's only one transfer window, the domestic form is absolutely woeful. As correctly pointed out on here, Hearts sit top after making numerous changes on a small budget. We spent millions and it's excuses galore on here.

Head in the sand nonsense just like every year. 

We’re in fucking November!! No be better waiting until May when Hearts have clinched it and we haven’t made the European places before filing this season under ‘same old pish’?