***The Official St. Mirren V Rangers Match Thread***

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
42 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

Not plastic mate, but very heavy rain forecast for this area on Sat, hope that does not make it more difficult.

https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/forecast/gcuvdyxy0#?date=2018-11-03

Our players seem to fall about no matter the surface so I doubt it will make any difference mate. 

Crazy that so many are championing a place for halliday, mainly at left back. Not saying they are wrong or that he doesn't deserve a place, just that it is a crazy turnaround from the past couple of seasons. Credit to the management team, and Andy himself for getting stuck in again.

1 minute ago, CoopsLaud said:

Crazy that so many are championing a place for halliday, mainly at left back. Not saying they are wrong or that he doesn't deserve a place, just that it is a crazy turnaround from the past couple of seasons. Credit to the management team, and Andy himself for getting stuck in again.

Thought flanagan had a good spell b ut past 3 matches been terrible, Andy to start for me LB.

I'd have a midfield of Rossiter, Ejara and Arfield, not that we can rest Kent but we need to see what this grezda is about at some point? Nothing less than 3 points, we are all outa draws now or Stevie will soon be feeling the heat, the tarriers are stepping it back up...

2 hours ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Have no confidence whatsoever of anything but a slow dour game and the result is a toss up. 

A draw wouldn’t surprise me. 

These no marks don’t have a plastic pitch do they??

no they dont mate. Actually st Mirren tend to have a decent pitch.

2 hours ago, Inigo said:

Got a feeling this will be more comfortable than we expect. 2 or 3 nil.

I'm feeling like you have now jinxed this game:( 

Everytime I think,  yeah we have this easily,  we end up with egg or Bronzy's product on our face.  Not good.  

A decent, non scrappy win would be nice and agree re Kent.  

5 minutes ago, falkirkNS said:

Thought flanagan had a good spell b ut past 3 matches been terrible, Andy to start for me LB.

I'd have a midfield of Rossiter, Ejara and Arfield, not that we can rest Kent but we need to see what this grezda is about at some point? Nothing less than 3 points, we are all outa draws now or Stevie will soon be feeling the heat, the tarriers are stepping it back up...

Canny argue with that.I still have very high hopes for grezda.

Change it up. 352. I know it didn't work last time but different game and different circumstances, give their low block two strikers to think about and pull the centre backs about. 

McGregor

Katic Goldson Worrall

Tav Jack Arfield Ejaria Halliday/Barisic

Morelos Kent

1 hour ago, Sweettartangirl said:

I'm feeling like you have now jinxed this game:( 

Everytime I think,  yeah we have this easily,  we end up with egg or Bronzy's product on our face.  Not good.  

A decent, non scrappy win would be nice and agree re Kent.  

I sincerley doubt you'll  ever end up with Bronzy's man juice on your face.

Shagger

Tav     Goldson   Katic    Halliday

Jack

Grezda      Arfield       Middleton

Kent

Morelos

5 hours ago, NeoGeo7 said:

359479836_StMirrenvsRangers.thumb.png.2fbfc66a3bb850cb9fbb42ceb475a9e5.png

4-2-3-1 looked to be getting us somewhere with Kent going central so I'd like to see us use that from the start at the weekend.

Grezda needs to get a chance to prove what he can do. Yes, Candeias works hard but we need to see if Grezda is more creative. Middleton from the start for direct running and pace.

Foderingham doesn't deserve dropped in my opinion since he wasn't at fault for their goal last night.

I am guessing but i suspect Fod was promised a start when he was left out v. Sheep. If true? I expect McGregor to return unless he has picked up a knock

Need to shake things up a bit due to poor form of some and midweek game in Moscow.

McGregor.

Flannigan Goldson Katic Halliday.

Tav Rossiter Jack Arfield Kent.

Morelos.

Flannigan needs a game at R.B. to see how he performs on that side. I would have Barasic L.B. if he is fit to start?

2 minutes ago, glasgow argyle said:

Need to shake things up a bit due to poor form of some and midweek game in Moscow.

McGregor.

Flannigan Goldson Katic Halliday.

Tav Rossiter Jack Arfield Kent.

Morelos.

Flannigan needs a game at R.B. to see how he performs on that side. I would have Barasic L.B. if he is fit to start?

5F059C1D-C7C6-4D7D-BE4C-7C05D6D7AAB2.gif

Archived