***The Official St. Mirren V Rangers Match Thread***

43 minutes ago, the brown brogue said:

Not sure how Gerrard sets up for this one... Will he be ruthless and drop the underperformers or will he give them another chance to show a 'reaction' to the last couple of performances? 

Regardless, I expect us to beat St Mirren today although probably not convincingly. We all know how they're going to set up and what type of game its going to be, so hopefully someone steps up and takes some of the attacking burden off Morelos. 

I’ve got a friend who still goes to St Mirren home games and it sounds like they have lost any quality they had last season and will not go 90 minutes without making mistakes and giving us opportunities. We just have to be in a position to take advantage of them.

Motherwell was viewed as a six-pointer for them and their heads are down. Gerrard has the opportunity to rotate the team as implied by his comments and, even allowing for our lack of goal threat, we should still have a comfortable day.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can’t say I’m looking forward to this. They will 100% sit in and play for a draw from KO and going by the last couple of games we will struggle to break that down. Hopefully we manage to create a lot more than we have done of late as we can do it, would also like to see it freshened up a bit with maybe Grezda and Middleton starting. 

40 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

But the pitch was plast........it was grass ok but it was raining a lot and is windy :lol:

I remember watching de Boer tear Dundee Utd new arseholes at an absolutely shambolic surface at tannadice, he could have just taken it easy and said the pitch was worse than a ploughed field.

To have a player like that today!!! Maybe some day. 

9 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

It has teemed it down in Paisley all night, and it's still pissing it. Chance the game is off?

The fireworks got cancelled in Paisley due to weather. Don’t see this being a problem for the actual game though.

19 hours ago, Leeds_Bear said:

Everyone been on the sauce today? Some mad fucking selections going on.

McCauley?! Is he even fit?

Jack at LB? sorry left fucking wing back. 

:lol:

He's been in training pictures but I don't think he will be fit.

13 hours ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Last time I was at St Mirren we got beat 2-1 on Christmas Eve.

Absolutely soaked. Goian and McCulloch got sent off.

Also the day I met @PRW. for the first time. 

I mind that. Boy I knew got took to hospital at half time for alcohol poisoning. :lol:

Archived