***The Official Rangers v Motherwell? Yes she's fine thanks Thread***

Leeds_Bear

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, King Jela said:

Rangers in crisis ? being an uncatchable 2 points behind the all conquering taigs really makes the drama queens of the last couple of weeks on here look very silly. 

Why have a big at fellow Bears, all that was said was well within the proper questioning. 

Alfredo Morelos "conned" referee Craig Thomson, suggested Motherwell manager Stephen Robinson after his side lost 7-1 to Rangers at Ibrox.

Carl McHugh received his second yellow card for handball in the box, though Robinson called his first booking for a foul on Morelos "a disgrace".

However, he also accused his side of using the referee as an "excuse" in the thumping defeat.

"The first booking is a disgrace, it's embarrassing," said Robinson.

"And I have to say, referees are getting conned by the same people continually. Certain players get away with certain things every week. They (referees) have a hard task.

"If you are getting fooled every week then it's difficult for them. It wasn't a free-kick in the first place, it certainly wasn't a yellow card."

Scott Arfield had given Rangers an early lead, but Curtis Main drew Motherwell level.

McHugh was then penalised further when he blocked Andy Halliday's shot with his arm and Robinson was sent to the stand by Thomson for his protests.

After McHugh's dismissal, James Tavernier scored the resultant penalty, followed by goals from Morelos, a second for Arfield, Glenn Middleton and an Eros Grezda double.

Robinson said: "I think some of the boys used the referee as an excuse. Let's be very frank here, we were very poor defensively. We're not going to blame the referee.

"I've protected a lot of these players, stuck by them and been very loyal and I didn't get a lot back today."

On his own dismissal, Robinson said he felt hard done by.

"Listen, members of their staff came up to voice their opinion," he said. "I was the only one sent to the stand.

"A young boy, out of his depth as a fourth official (Craig Napier), obviously he can't deal with that. I don't think it was a major incident."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46174409

Can taste his tears reading that :lol:

2 hours ago, ben51 said:

P.S Can't wait for your vlog today @gogzy :lol:

Right over my head mate :lol:  No idea what that even means.

Just back from my dads house. Went in and said "some game today eh?"  He was fizzin and said "fucking last minute every single time"

After a bit of confusion I figured out that he thought he had a link on youtube, but just sat and watched the full 90 of our 3-3 draw in the last game against them :lol:

1 minute ago, gogzy said:

Right over my head mate :lol:  No idea what that even means.

Just back from my dads house. Went in and said "some game today eh?"  He was fizzin and said "fucking last minute every single time"

After a bit of confusion I figured out that he thought he had a link on youtube, but just sat and watched the full 90 of our 3-3 draw in the last game against them :lol:

4221396001_5294406752001_5294402800001-v

16 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

"And I have to say, referees are getting conned by the same people continually. Certain players get away with certain things every week. They (referees) have a hard task.

"If you are getting fooled every week then it's difficult for them. It wasn't a free-kick in the first place, it certainly wasn't a yellow card."

Morelos is getting kicked across parks all over Scotland every weekend by hatchet men centre halves but he’s the one “conning” refs aye? :lol:

Not getting caught up in the hysterics today, motherwell were shite and crumbled when the third went in. Great performance from us but we need that to work against the top 6 teams. We manage that then I'll start to believe we have a chance at the title this season again. 

On the long train back to Milton Keynes, delighted with both performance and result.

Look a lot more balanced with Halliday on the left over Flanagan to be fair.

Scary we hit 7 and could have had more with no Kent and Candeias.

Pleased for Grezda.

Some great flicks and turns from Arfield and Ejaria too today who I thought had a class game and deserved a goal too.

So pleased with the thinking win and so proud of our club what a classy display and tribute to those war heroes. Worth the long slog of a journey to be in good company to remember the fallen.

WATP

2 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Robinson conviently forgetting McHugh had 4 fouls before that and two warnings from the ref. 

Might be a contentious yellow but persistent fouling is also a bookable offence.

Nobody seems to realise that

Bullseye, its usually one of ours carded for their first challenge of the game.

1 hour ago, Brian Fantana said:

Not getting caught up in the hysterics today, motherwell were shite and crumbled when the third went in. Great performance from us but we need that to work against the top 6 teams. We manage that then I'll start to believe we have a chance at the title this season again. 

Yup, great to have a decisive victory but I have given up judging this Rangers team against pishy SPL teams at Ibrox. An away game against, say, Hibs or Livi will tell us far more imo about the relative strengths of this team than a hammering of Dundee or Well at Ibrox.   

Really happy with that today!

Firstly, a win when they drop points is fantastic. We haven't missed when these opportunities have came up. We are literally that old firm defeat behind them (granted there is few other games we could have made those 2 points back in).

Secondly, I have to commend the team after half time. It was so easy for them just to come out and just see the 45 out and relax, but they didn't.

I genuinely thought some of our play in that half was great (and I know it was 10 men) and we need to do that more often. Patient passing moving the ball from side to side with movement from midfield. 

I understand people will say it was only 10 men but there was a good reason why they had 10 men and gave away 14 fouls in the first half. The only way they could stop us today was by kicking us.

It wasn't the best block of games for us considering the LC semi and Spartak making ground on us in Europe but in the league out with Kilmarnock we've picked up a few decent wins including a couple of away wins.

1 hour ago, Bigdave30 said:

So is 55 back on? And where are the ‘Gerrard out’ mob today? Asking for a mate.

I don’t think there has ever been a Gerrard our mob just people quite rightly questioning some of the decisions he has made during his tenure.

Anyway good win today and we hopefully move on to a decent wee run.

Archived