Sky win rights for SPFL football.

Virtuoso

11 minutes ago, Leeds_Bear said:

That's the attitude of pretty much everyone in any level of authority in the Scottish game - from media to executives, they expect people to adapt to their way of thinking rather than looking to innovate in any way. If someone comes over and has different ideas they're lambasted. They ignore innovation with stats, in game technology, fan engagement and are completely wound up in their own tribalism - so much so that the SFA and SPFL can't even work together to further the game.

Everything is crap. The Big Eck appointment, investment in our youth football, punishment of Rangers/praise of Hearts, ticket prices, criticism of those who talk or think differently and now another shite TV deal which is worse than it was before they sold us down the river to Setanta - don't be fooled, the real knuckle-draggers control our game. 

It's a shit show from top to bottom, with unnecessary bureaucracy and bias at all levels.   

Perfectly put mate.

The whole set up is an absolute shambles from top to bottom - and it's self inflicted by the dinosaurs who 'oversee' the game in Scotland.

A sickening state of affairs which has many of its origins being derived from bitterness and overall lack of intelligence.  There is no-one dynamic in the game.  We need someone like a Barry Hearn to come in and give it a massive overhaul.  Club owners and chairmen also need to get a f.ucking grip and stop just lying back and doing nothing.  It's a kind of Scottish thing - do as little as possible, but expect/demand big reward - and moan when it doesn't happen..  People need to get into the real world and start working for the sake of the game. There is no innovation, no ideas, no dynamism and no ambition.  Hugely frustrating.

19 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

I’d rather an away game to Hamilton over a home game against Hibs was on tele

Why mate ?  Big stadium, 50k, big atmosphere - as opposed to Hamilton and their awful ground, plastic pitch and 4k attendance.

Each to their own and all that, but surely an Ibrox game v Hivs/Hearts/Sheep is more of a spectacle etc. than Hamilton away  ??

2 minutes ago, MoodyBlue1872 said:

Why mate ?  Big stadium, 50k, big atmosphere - as opposed to Hamilton and their awful ground, plastic pitch and 4k attendance.

Each to their own and all that, but surely an Ibrox game v Hivs/Hearts/Sheep is more of a spectacle etc. than Hamilton away  ??

The home game then wouldn’t be an early kick off and likely a Saturday at three

1 minute ago, ForeverAndEver said:

The home game then wouldn’t be an early kick off and likely a Saturday at three

I do get that mate - and it's a fair point. And I understand we all like a 3pm Saturday ko etc.  But I just feel that some games warrant being on tv more than others - particularity if we are trying to get the most out of positive coverage in order to attract more money into the game.

My main concern is Rangers obviously, but the whole game in Scotland needs a kick up the arse to get it out of the stagnant state that it's in. If that means tweaking some live games that maybe wouldn't have happened in the past then I think that's a move worth taking from time to time.

5 minutes ago, MoodyBlue1872 said:

Specatacle yes

But to the lifeblood of fans who go to the games, as ticket sales is wortg more to us than tv money,  id rather a 3 oclock kick off on a Saturday afternoon than it being in sky.

Plus most who dont go to away games but attened all home games have a chance to see us live on sky.

11 minutes ago, bluchoo said:

Specatacle yes

But to the lifeblood of fans who go to the games, as ticket sales is wortg more to us than tv money,  id rather a 3 oclock kick off on a Saturday afternoon than it being in sky.

Plus most who dont go to away games but attened all home games have a chance to see us live on sky.

Yep - there are arguments for both sides mate. I think it's just a reality that ko times will be moved around.

But in all honesty, if a Rangers v Hivs game was Saturday 12.30ko, for example,  I personally don't think that's a significant difference to it being a 15:00 ko.  You're only talking 2.5 hours difference.

As someone who travels up from the south of England for most home games and also to as many away games as I can, I am used to chopping and changing my plans.  It's part and parcel of the modern day world. In reality there is very little we can do to stop this.

35 minutes ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

The simple fact that they haven't shown the figures screams SHITE DEAL!! 

100% mate.

They'd be shouting from the rooftops if it was a genuinely good deal.  They are embarrassed to mention the figures as they will fall way short of most leagues in Europe and be a laughing stock - again. 

The arseholes 'running' the game have done NOTHING to improve things within the set up in Scotland to, in turn, command a proper deal. This is their 'reward'.  Quite frankly they didn't deserve a proper deal.  You get back what you put in - they have put in f.uck all.

Other leagues have innovated, showed ambition, liaised with fans and looked to bring in dynamic people to their set ups. None of this has happened in Scotland.  None of it.

Scottish football - still stuck in the doldrums and absolutely no sign of coming out of them.

3 hours ago, magic8ball said:

correct. 

If the energy used to attack us was used positively to improve the overall package we would all be a lot better off .

When the product improves .the TV investment goes up exponentially. then the product improves again. 

There was a marked decline in over all quality when setanta went bust .and out tv deal went with it .All of a sudden the lower leagues were more appealing financially to players so they left .

The year after the setanta collapse over 70 players left the SPL for lower English league teams .only to be replaced by players at a level below what had left 

You only have to look at Adam Rooney who left the top tier of Scottish football with Aberdeen to join non-league outfit Salford City for a wage increase.

43 minutes ago, BlearyEyedBear said:

You only have to look at Adam Rooney who left the top tier of Scottish football with Aberdeen to join non-league outfit Salford City for a wage increase.

says it all .fair enough there's an anomaly with Salford. but in general the English league cash has grown massively. while ours is at the same level as 15yr ago .and only with this new deal .

Doncaster had been at the helm for a large part of this financial collapse .we all know he's not there for the good of all clubs .Scottish football has been held back and will never get to the level it should be .ever 

5 hours ago, MoodyBlue1872 said:

I also think this rule about limiting our home games is pretty poor. Every time we play Hearts, Aberdeen & Hibs it should be televised. These along with the games against the filth are the showcase games for our league but half of them don't even get shown.

Recently we had Hearts at home, with no live tv coverage, whereas shortly after that we had us away at Hamilton on a plastic pitch with an empty end (sometimes has a double decker bus behind it) and a 'stand' which is no more than a glorified gazebo.  We really don't help ourselves to promote and showcase the game in Scotland.

50,000 at a rocking Ibrox against the team at the top or an away game on a plastic pitch at Hamilton in an unfinished 'stadium' in front of about 4,000.  Madness.

With Scottish football it comes down to the viewing figures they ge for us and them. A choice between us at Hamilton with a 4000 attendance or a full house v hibs at ibrox and they automatically are losing 46000 to the viewing figures. 

35 minutes ago, cr3_bear said:

With Scottish football it comes down to the viewing figures they ge for us and them. A choice between us at Hamilton with a 4000 attendance or a full house v hibs at ibrox and they automatically are losing 46000 to the viewing figures. 

Fair point on the numbers mate.  But just think of the number of big live home games the likes of Man Utd and Liverpool have. In fact all big clubs around Europe for that matter. I think the tv companies can take the hit.

On 19/11/2018 at 19:14, bluchoo said:

No amount shown

EFL agree rights today and figures are shown

Hmmmmmm

Premier sports and Micheal  Orourke kept happy though 

On 19/11/2018 at 19:34, SkylineBlue said:

Shite.

Fuck Sky. 

What about Fuck the Spfl and the Sfa

These cunts sold us out years ago to those Irish cunts at Sentanta 

We call Scottish football shite most of the time .Surely we can't have it both ways

I absolutely hate those sky bastards right now who in my opinion are not being fair with their coverage of our games .

I think I'm now going to get a fire stick and say fuck to them all ..Save myself some money when my contract finishes 

2 hours ago, MoodyBlue1872 said:

Fair point on the numbers mate.  But just think of the number of big live home games the likes of Man Utd and Liverpool have. In fact all big clubs around Europe for that matter. I think the tv companies can take the hit.

People go out their way to watch the EPL though, I've went out to the pub for games loads of times . People aren't going out their way to watch us or them at home apart from us and them and fans of whoever we are playing though. We used to stop home fames being shown to keep the attendances up aswell.

3 hours ago, MoodyBlue1872 said:

I Suppose we can say we have support throughout the world aswell but man U and Liverpool games will always attract a large viewing figure of neutrals and worldwide audience due to the players on offer and just naturally a more attractive viewing for a neutral due to the success of the Premier league marketing. With Scottish football sky more or less rely on us and celtic to back up the viewing figures and outside of both supports there is little interest to watch either of us playing St mirren or Hamilton. Even outside of Scotland most would look at Rangers or celtic playing hearts, hibs and Aberdeen as most likely to end in 3 points for Rangers or celtic. The only tie that attracts a bigger audience and the only one sky cares about is when we play them. 

See if I ran a diddy club in Scotland the first thing I would be doing would be closing off sections of the stadium to try and get everybody closer to the pitch and at least try and create the impression that the stadium is busy. It would probably be embarrassing to have to do that but IIRC that Sunderland have done that this season because it makes sense.

There’s nothing worse than seeing highlights of St Johnstone Kilmarnock on Sportscene and there’s a couple of hundred fans spread out across an entire stand :lol: