Safe Standing

ForeverAndEver

187 members have voted

1. 1. .

Just now, Rfc1872 said:

Why not the copland, “the Rangers end”

Also, then the union bears would have to move into a non safe standing section if we ever give them their allocation back, defeats the purpose, the ub need a section which they will never move out of for anyone.

1 minute ago, Rfc1872 said:

Also, then the union bears would have to move into a non safe standing section if we ever give them their allocation back, defeats the purpose, the ub need a section which they will never move out of for anyone.

Cos that seemed a massive problem over the last few years when they rats were getting the full stand

Just now, plumbGER said:

Simple logic like that won't catch on.

Its actually quite wearing mate, the fact cunts moan but no one will move to improve the atmosphere. I sit in GF3 and if the club decides its standing well fucking standing it is then. 

38 minutes ago, Rfc1872 said:

Hopefully bf1 isnt going to be turned into safe standing as it means the ub would have to then stay their. The atmosphere goes right out the stadium through the gates, they need out of that section , they deserve better, only people that actually sing at ibrox consistently and as people have said , sad days when the broomloand is becoming the new Rangers end as the copland is dead.

The corner between the govan and the copland , or copland front is what is needed for the ub to grow.

Aye mate I hate when they sing and it gets lost to the sky aswell

We need to fully enclose the ground with a roof 

4 minutes ago, Gascoigne8 said:

Its actually quite wearing mate, the fact cunts moan but no one will move to improve the atmosphere. I sit in GF3 and if the club decides its standing well fucking standing it is then. 

That's it mate, it's been covered plenty times now, wherever they do decide to put it (if indeed they do) there will be punters unhappy. I think the club maybe see the Broomloan as where they might get less backlash from long term season ticket holders and that's why they will do it there.

25 minutes ago, Rfc1872 said:

Why not the copland, “the Rangers end”

Here’s the thing though.

People say Ibrox has been dead since the Enclosures being converted to seating. Which happened in 1994.

Prior to that people say all the nutcases used to go in the Derry, which was somewhere between the Centenary Stand and what is now the Copland at the curve.

I started going to games in the late 90s so both before my time, but it seems there’s no real great tradition with the Copland apart from the fact we attack it in the second half. So why not just start a new era for the support in the Broomloan?

1 hour ago, Rfc1872 said:

Hopefully bf1 isnt going to be turned into safe standing as it means the ub would have to then stay their. The atmosphere goes right out the stadium through the gates, they need out of that section , they deserve better, only people that actually sing at ibrox consistently and as people have said , sad days when the broomloand is becoming the new Rangers end as the copland is dead.

The corner between the govan and the copland , or copland front is what is needed for the ub to grow.

This, all day long.

My fear is that you could just see Robertson and co going for the easy option and just converting BF1 into a 'standing section'.  That  would be a dreadful outcome because, as you say, the noise the create is to be massively commended, but it does leak out the stadium very easily due to its shite location.

7 hours ago, Perth_Campsie_Ger said:

Id like to see them do something with the segregation, seems stupid having so many seats going to waste.

IMG_20180407_160947431.jpg.808a6fcd90bb87652e1a573e26978012.jpg

To be fair could probably mount/fix a perspex cage underneath the big screen and put the fuckers in there. Maybe lose 50 seats at the back of the enclosure.

38 minutes ago, Moody Blue said:

Like most, voted yes but doubt the ‘family stand’ is the most sensible of options 

The 'Family Stand' - why the hell do we need that emblazoned on the roof - is a bit of a misnomer though, as it's only the Rear that is technically the 'family section'.

7 minutes ago, Copland bear said:

I guess I'm staying put then 🤣, no problem with it in broomie but like others have said would rather they put it in the east and west enclosures and make Ibrox like the 80's again. 

That was when it was enclosures and folk moved around to find space. SS is different, it involves the rows of seating still being in place but with seats effectively bolted out of use.

At the back of the enclosures there's rows of restricted seating due to the overhang above, these seats (hundreds) simply couldn't be used if the section in front was standing.

If it was back to the old days then hell yeah. But as SS areas the enclosures are the least practical sections as they would cost the club in lost revenue.

14 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

That was when it was enclosures and folk moved around to find space. SS is different, it involves the rows of seating still being in place but with seats effectively bolted out of use.

At the back of the enclosures there's rows of restricted seating due to the overhang above, these seats (hundreds) simply couldn't be used if the section in front was standing.

If it was back to the old days then hell yeah. But as SS areas the enclosures are the least practical sections as they would cost the club in lost revenue.

Those seats need binned anyway in the enclosure., If people stand up during the game if we are attacking then you can't see a Fucking thing. And I do know what safe standing is and how it works.  And as for lost revenue ? Pull the screen out and do the corners right, you do that then give them the lower and upper tear between Copland and Govan stands , that would probably generate more SS seats than the front of the broomie and would be ideal 

5 minutes ago, Copland bear said:

Those seats need binned anyway in the enclosure., If people stand up during the game if we are attacking then you can't see a Fucking thing. And I do know what safe standing is and how it works.  And as for lost revenue ? Pull the screen out and do the corners right, you do that then give them the lower and upper tear between Copland and Govan stands , that would probably generate more SS seats than the front of the broomie and would be ideal 

I was clarifying what SS is because I often hear folk discussing it and thinking it's adding more capacity or is just like the enclosures of old. Not you, but even on this thread there's misunderstanding.

The club will likely look to do it on a like for like basis. That's what most are debating. If you're then taking it to removing tv screens for seats then that comes at a fair cost and would be a huge outlay for something we've not even trialled. I'm not against it, just don't think it likely at present.

3 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

I was clarifying what SS is because I often hear folk discussing it and thinking it's adding more capacity or is just like the enclosures of old. Not you, but even on this thread there's misunderstanding.

The club will likely look to do it on a like for like basis. That's what most are debating. If you're then taking it to removing tv screens for seats then that comes at a fair cost and would be a huge outlay for something we've not even trialled. I'm not against it, just don't think it likely at present.

Filling the corners in would pay for themselves in no time as your looking at another 8,000 approx paying customers.