Safe Standing

ForeverAndEver

187 members have voted

1. 1. .

13 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Inevitably the scum will get their full allocation in the fullness of time, therefore I can't see the sense in them having SS when they come calling and we have fuck all.

Unless Dave is 100% that they will only get the corner whilst he remains in power?

Cracks appearing in the Dave love in already surely no?

1 minute ago, plumbGER said:

Aye it's a strange one that they mentioned that it was the Broomloan being discussed.

Unless they have no intention of ever giving tghem the whole Broomloan back again.

They know they won't be in charge forever, surely it's easier to just not having it in the Broomloan than having to potentially move it at some point. 

58 minutes ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

I’d like it but think it should be across the enclosures.

I agree but the Broomaloan probably has the least STs .Easier to move people  around 

The Enclosure was once a very happy place to be standing 

23 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Inevitably the scum will get their full allocation in the fullness of time, therefore I can't see the sense in them having SS when they come calling and we have fuck all.

Unless Dave is 100% that they will only get the corner whilst he remains in power?

I'm assuming you are saying this because King will cave in 

I genuinely hope they never get the whole stand back 

If they do .I will be sick with utter contempt for our board with zero backbone 

Why does it need to be a whole section? Why not do the front X amount of rows at the BF across the width. Yes you would probably need to lose a row or two directly behind the standing area due to height difference. 

Although if the UBs stayed in the Broomie then the East enclosure would potentially complement them.

Either way it should happen and maybe even allow a couple of beers before the game in the stadium??? Na maybe not.

Just now, eejay the dj said:

I'm assuming you are saying this because King will cave in 

I genuinely hope they never get the whole stand back 

If they do .I will be sick with utter contempt for our board with zero backbone 

Not at all and making it the Broamloan would only reinforce his stand, but I feel somehow the authorities will bring pressure to bear in some way, whether it's a new rule or whatever, Liewell will have some fucking plan cooking. 

However, I still don't get why it would be the Broomloan as opposed to the CR,, when traditionally it's the away end and in the SC if we got the taigs SS would be theirs. Maybe King has a bigger picture that he's not sharing. Who knows?

1 minute ago, McEwan's Lager said:

It's the most sensible option.

The Board will not want to potentially upset a lot of people in the Copland Front and BF1, BF5 and some of BF2 and BF4 already stand for games anyway.

I get the argument about potentially allowing them it in the cups but that happens once in a blue moon.

It’s not just them though mate, teams like Falkirk and Dundee have taken a bit of the BF in the last couple of years, quite a few would take sections of it

33 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Not at all and making it the Broamloan would only reinforce his stand, but I feel somehow the authorities will bring pressure to bear in some way, whether it's a new rule or whatever, Liewell will have some fucking plan cooking. 

However, I still don't get why it would be the Broomloan as opposed to the CR,, when traditionally it's the away end and in the SC if we got the taigs SS would be theirs. Maybe King has a bigger picture that he's not sharing. Who knows?

I agree in thinking there will be pressure. Just the other day a police report came out on here and FF mentioning the police will be reviewing the number of away fans at old firm games. It was all to do with the trouble after that lap of honour pish. 

24 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Yeah they asked about safe standing in the general survey.

Massive problem with it though in that they didn't ask for a Rangers number and non-season ticket holders could have answered.

Was it Rangers First or the Union Bears who did ask for this in their survey?

55 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

It's funny you posting this mate . I was just about to start a thread on the same subject .

The scum can't do a thing about what we do . Not one bastard has had a go at the scum for doing tit for tat , yet being the ones to moan and bitch about it .

I have absolutely no doubts , the scum will use every tactic in their vermin book of tricks to get the powers that be , apply pressure to our club

Having been to over 170 OF games and extremely proud of that , I don't give a monkeys fuck , if I never set foot in bheastville again . I truly mean that .

And the men that run our club better grow some balls and tell everyone including the gestapo bastards to do one , if any of their double standards instructions start to put pressure on .

14 minutes ago, ben51 said:

Was it Rangers First or the Union Bears who did ask for this in their survey?

About a year ago the Club ran a survey on safe standing and the potential numbers that would be interested in moving ST to that section . Your RFC number and ST details were required as well . At the end of the survey was a small box to be ticked in order for CLUB1872 to contact you and put you on their mailing list , if you never agreed to this then you were unable to complete the survey and therefore register interest in safe standing . This was confirmed to me by an email from Club1872 , so I'm not sure how accurate the survey would have been if more people were put off by having to share details with Club1872 .

7 minutes ago, Fred H Crawford said:

About a year ago the Club ran a survey on safe standing and the potential numbers that would be interested in moving ST to that section . Your RFC number and ST details were required as well . At the end of the survey was a small box to be ticked in order for CLUB1872 to contact you and put you on their mailing list , if you never agreed to this then you were unable to complete the survey and therefore register interest in safe standing . This was confirmed to me by an email from Club1872 , so I'm not sure how accurate the survey would have been if more people were put off by having to share details with Club1872 .

Club 1872 and the Union Bears recently held a survey into safe standing which received thousands of responses from supporters. The responses were sent to Rangers to verify the data and we have now received the figures back from the club.

As a result, Rangers now have a verified list of just over 2300 supporters who are interested in being located in a safe standing section. There will also be a further opportunity for those who did not fill in the survey to give their views on safe standing in general, in an upcoming supporter survey to be carried out by Rangers.

Club 1872 met last week with the Union Bears and both groups are in agreement that this is an excellent first step towards creating a positive and vibrant safe standing section within the ground. Both groups will now liaise with Rangers on the next steps and the cost of creating such a section and will also seek to give input into the club’s own survey of supporters.

We would like to thank all those who took part in the survey and we will update all supporters on progress once there is something further to report. We would also remind members that any use of Club 1872 funds to help finance safe standing will be subject to a member vote.

I hope they don't mind me posting this on here, but I just found my email.

It definitely wasn't from the Club and definitely didn't mention the location.