Tav

Lloyd

1 minute ago, Jeffrey said:

Croatia just made the world cup final so don't agree with that as an example but when do players from the likes of Croatia move for fortunes?

You were talking about backwater LEAGUES... Croatia is certainly a backwater league. 

Robertson just made the CL Final.. doesnt make our league anything other than "backwater league".

4 minutes ago, johanhentze said:

You were talking about backwater LEAGUES... Croatia is certainly a backwater league. 

Robertson just made the CL Final.. doesnt make our league anything other than "backwater league".

Katic and Barisic have both come from the Croatian League and were both recently capped by them. Croatia is a great example for the point I'm making, not you. 

Not sure what Robertson has to do with this.

The result against the filth has turned some of our fans mental.

Buy cheap talent and sell them for a profit is going to be the way forward for us. Putting ridiculous prices like £12m+ on a right back we got for less than half a million who hasn't even won over our entire support isn't living in the real world.

Just now, Jeffrey said:

Katic and Barisic have both come from the Croatian League and were both recently capped by them. Croatia is a great example for the point I'm making, not you. 

Not sure what Robertson has to do with this.

You mentioned the National Team (Croatia)  when I was referring to their "backwater league". Roberston is Scottish so its equally as relevant...when I say relevant, I mean its not relevant at all. I referred to players getting transfers from the Croatian league, which is no big hitter in the grand scheme of things. You claim that we cannot demand high prices as our league is not a big hitter... I clain we can, as "backwater leagues" regularly demand big money for unknown players....Benkovic is an example. 

2 minutes ago, Jeffrey said:

Buy cheap talent and sell them for a profit is going to be the way forward for us. Putting ridiculous prices like £12m+ on a right back we got for less than half a million who hasn't even won over our entire support isn't living in the real world.

This has nothing to do with the result on the 29th. We have sold low for years and we see our former players getting sold on for decent money... hell, we see players across the city being sold for bloody fortunes. They big up their players in the market - we need to do the same.

4 minutes ago, johanhentze said:

You mentioned the National Team (Croatia)  when I was referring to their "backwater league". Roberston is Scottish so its equally as relevant...when I say relevant, I mean its not relevant at all. I referred to players getting transfers from the Croatian league, which is no big hitter in the grand scheme of things. You claim that we cannot demand high prices as our league is not a big hitter... I clain we can, as "backwater leagues" regularly demand big money for unknown players....Benkovic is an example. 

The Croatian national team is very relevant because there is players on the fringe of it moving out of that league for small fee's.

Benkovic is an exception not the rule.

1 minute ago, johanhentze said:

This has nothing to do with the result on the 29th. We have sold low for years and we see our former players getting sold on for decent money... hell, we see players across the city being sold for bloody fortunes. They big up their players in the market - we need to do the same.

Of course it does :lol: 

The filth can demand larger fee's due to winning trophies, being in a better financial position than us, Champions League exposure and they have a good record of players they've sold down south doing well. We have none of that.

1 minute ago, Jeffrey said:

The Croatian national team is very relevant because there is players on the fringe of it moving out of that league for small fee's.

Benkovic is an exception not the rule.

Very convenient to mention the Croatian national team at this time.. it hasnt always been great, yet the league has big money transfers on a regular basis. My point is.. talent is everywhere regardless of quality of league. Talent comes at a price.

3 minutes ago, Jeffrey said:

Of course it does :lol: 

The filth can demand larger fee's due to winning trophies, being in a better financial position than us, Champions League exposure and they have a good record of players they've sold down south doing well. We have none of that.

Not to me. We have a good player on our hands.. a player that is our Captain... a player that is supposedly wanted. If he is wanted then they can pay the going price.. we are in a title race which can potenitally lead to a Championship, which then leads to a potential Champions League. That is hardly worth 7 million to us. Its worth a fuck load more.. this is without even taking the emotional triumph into consideration.

Just now, johanhentze said:

Very convenient to mention the Croatian national team at this time.. it hasnt always been great, yet the league has big money transfers on a regular basis. My point is.. talent is everywhere regardless of quality of league. Talent comes at a price.

It's convenient to use it because it's backing up my point, I'm not talking about the past I'm talking about right now. Players who are on the verge of the team/squad who were runners up in the world cup are moving out of that league for small money.

Not to me. We have a good player on our hands.. a player that is our Captain... a player that is supposedly wanted. If he is wanted then they can pay the going price.. we are in a title race which can potenitally lead to a Championship, which then leads to a potential Champions League. That is hardly worth 7 million to us. Its worth a fuck load more.. this is without even taking the emotional triumph into consideration.

What do you consider the going price?

Just now, Jeffrey said:

It's convenient to use it because it's backing up my point, I'm not talking about the past I'm talking about right now. Players who are on the verge of the team/squad who were runners up in the world cup are moving out of that league for small money.

Its as relevant as Robertson being Scottish. Not at all. I mention Benkovic and you say he is the exception... suits your point. That LEAGUE has always had big money transfers.. the league is pish - fact, yet they still manage to get good money for their players.

How many games has Benkovic got for Croatia, out of interest?

What do you consider the going price?

Whatever we want for him. He is our player and he is worth a lot to US.. thats my point. Fuck the market... the market is genuinely fucked... Solanke goes for 19 million and some young unknown quality will go for 60 to Bayern.. My point is.. he is worth a lot to us... more than 7 million, as we could potentially make so much more with him in our team.

2 minutes ago, johanhentze said:

Its as relevant as Robertson being Scottish. Not at all. I mention Benkovic and you say he is the exception... suits your point. That LEAGUE has always had big money transfers.. the league is pish - fact, yet they still manage to get good money for their players.

How many games has Benkovic got for Croatia, out of interest?

He has zero caps for them. Of course I'm going to say things to suit my point :lol: 

Whatever we want for him. He is our player and he is worth a lot to US.. thats my point. Fuck the market... the market is genuinely fucked... Solanke goes for 19 million and some young unknown quality will go for 60 to Bayern.. My point is.. he is worth a lot to us... more than 7 million, as we could potentially make so much more with him in our team.

No you said we should ask for the going rate, tell me the going rate for someone who is 27 and never played at a higher level than the SPFL and is still doubted by a lot of the fans of the club he plays for

Using Hudson-Odoi and Solanke as examples is absolutely insane

Gerrard will get us more money for players due to his name and the respect he has earned in his career. If Gerrard thinks someone is a good player and worth a fee you better believe that there's people who will trust his instinct and bid, potentially inflated values, for our players now.

He has zero caps for them. Of course I'm going to say things to suit my point :lol: 

No you said we should ask for the going rate, tell me the going rate for someone who is 27 and never played at a higher level than the SPFL and is still doubted by a lot of the fans of the club he plays for

Using Hudson-Odoi and Solanke as examples is absolutely insane

Using them as an example of the insane nature of transfers in football... should we not be taking advantage of that? Should we just take the 500k that we usually take?

Who would have imagined players like Charlie Adam, or even Robertson turning out for Liverpool? Football is a funny game and you shouldnt be so confident in writing players off like you are.. 

Benkovic has zero caps... so he doesnt fit you narrative in regards to the National team, yet he goes for big cash. Is he good? He certainly didnt show me that he is a big cash player... fact is, though, that he did go for big cash. 

2 minutes ago, Burts91 said:

Gerrard will get us more money for players due to his name and the respect he has earned in his career. If Gerrard thinks someone is a good player and worth a fee you better believe that there's people who will trust his instinct and bid, potentially inflated values, for our players now.

Nah mate... lets sell 'em for fuck all. What does Gerrard know anyways :lol: 

Using them as an example of the insane nature of transfers in football... should we not be taking advantage of that? Should we just take the 500k that we usually take?

Who would have imagined players like Charlie Adam, or even Robertson turning out for Liverpool? Football is a funny game and you shouldnt be so confident in writing players off like you are.. 

Benkovic has zero caps... so he doesnt fit you narrative in regards to the National team, yet he goes for big cash. Is he good? He certainly didnt show me that he is a big cash player... fact is, though, that he did go for big cash. 

First point, Liverpool and Chelsea have unlimited cash resources so don't rely on selling players. We will have to rely on it, it's the way we will need to run going forward.

Second point, at no point did I write anyone off I;'m not sure where you're getting that from?

I don't know if Benkovic is good I've only seen him play once or twice

1 minute ago, johanhentze said:

Nah mate... lets sell 'em for fuck all. What does Gerrard know anyways :lol: 

Literally not a single person said anything even remotely close to that. Pretty ridiculous comment. 

35 minutes ago, Jeffrey said:

There's a balance to be struck though. One of, or both, Morelos and Tav will be sold in order to re-invest the money and attempt to take us to another level. You are looking at somewhere between £20-25m for the 2 of them which can then be reinvested. 

You can't do that in a January window when we are in the middle of a title race, particularly when you haven't won the league since 2011. 

Just now, Jeffrey said:

First point, Liverpool and Chelsea have unlimited cash resources so don't rely on selling players. We will have to rely on it, it's the way we will need to run going forward.

Second point, at no point did I write anyone off I;'m not sure where you're getting that from?

I don't know if Benkovic is good I've only seen him play once or twice

Literally not a single person said anything even remotely close to that. Pretty ridiculous comment. 

My last comment was probably not very respectable.. but you probably know why I made it. 

First point.. They have unlimited cash...we dont, so we actually need to be the ones making proper money out of our sales. We need to up our PR considerably, and I believe we are starting to do that with Gerrard rating our players.. after all, he knows a top player when he sees one and people will take note.

Second point.. "writing off" is probably an exaggeration on my part, but I do get the feeling that you are downplaying our players purely because of the league they are playing in (you said that)... that is where I referred to other "backwater leagues" that sold players for big money, only to be confronted with the "national teams" argument, which is beside the point, as players get sold for considerable cash without ever having turned out for said national team.

Im away to do some teaching... have a nice day 😄

1 minute ago, eskbankloyal said:

There's a balance to be struck though. One of, or both, Morelos and Tav will be sold in order to re-invest the money and attempt to take us to another level. You are looking at somewhere between £20-25m for the 2 of them which can then be reinvested. 

You can't do that in a January window when we are in the middle of a title race, particularly when you haven't won the league since 2011. 

Completely get that. I think £7m for Tav is good money but if we rejected it(obviously there's no bid because lol Bill Young) I wouldn't be disappointed given the circumstances.

My point is more to do with some people saying because players like Solanke are going for stupid money we should be able to do it too, I find that crazy. 

The point i think, is to be switched on and not make the mistakes of the past when pricing our players.

We haven't just under valued some, we have sold ourselves short by millions. McCormack, Adam, Waghorn off the top of my head have all gone on to be multi million pound transfers, and out of those three we made (i think) under one million. Really bad business. 

£7 million for a player that cost a fraction of that would be good business, but now is not the right time to sell. At least it's in the right ballpark rather than 500k. 

16 minutes ago, Burts91 said:

Teams will buy Tavernier and Morelos because they're quality players.  It has fuck all to do with Gerrard's playing days. 

48 minutes ago, Jeffrey said:

It's nothing to do with our results the values that are set it's to do with the inflated English market