Tav

Lloyd

56 minutes ago, ShanksRFC said:

He proved me wrong on the 29th, I thought Tav was fucked mentally before he started a game against celtic. 

Hes a superb right back and I reckon worth around 10million. 20 million, not so much lol. 

I think I agree with this mate 

Won me over a lot too.Ok he needs to lift a trophy but I agree with the fee

He is certainly worth upwards to 10million 

yeah I'm a hycoprite on this one 😉

2 minutes ago, johanhentze said:

Point is... he went for a lot of money and he was average. They wanted him and paid top dollar. We have to do the same.

Went for a lot, and he was better than average, still overrated. He had played Champions League and scored v PSG/Man City, and regularly against us, not that that was particularly hard. 

I don't disagree on wanting big money for Tavernier, especially now.

6 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Went for a lot, and he was better than average, still overrated. He had played Champions League and scored v PSG/Man City, and regularly against us, not that that was particularly hard. 

I don't disagree on wanting big money for Tavernier, especially now.

People also need to remember that at 27 Tav is in his peak and it’s unlikely that he will improve much more.

When clubs pay big money for people like Dembélé, Solanke and Gunn they are paying for their potential.

1 minute ago, DBBTB said:

People also need to remember that at 27 Tav is in his peak and it’s unlikely that he will improve much more.

When clubs pay big money for people like Dembélé, Solanke and Gunn they are paying for their potential.

That said ... least you know what you are getting with tav.  Not his greatest fan but think he can and should still improve . His positioning is shocking and it shouldn't take too much to rectify it. He gets drawn to the ball like a moth to a light failing to appreciate the man he is meant to be marking is twenty yards or so away. 

I would certainly be looking at seven or eight million with maybe a potential add on ... For amount of games played for new club etc.  

4 hours ago, Rfc52 said:

Looks like we are on for some fisty cuffs. Pm has been sent offering me out. Can see the cricket club getting reopened for this 

As long as it's the WOS in Patrick, will give my uncle the heads up. They are still shocked at the various RM meetings that have taken place. Fictitious meet ups impact on communities....😋

5 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Aye, even though Solanke's still really to be proven at professional level he's done a lot for England's youth

We should not be selling anyone in January that we do not want to offload because they are shit. Securing 55 in May is worth shit loads of money so now is not the time to even consider a sale.  Get out clause: unless someone offers silly money and silly money is £12 million+ AND we are able to source a replacement at less cost. 

3 hours ago, SkylineBlue said:

I've already explained it in the very post you quoted. I'm not going to rephrase it, if you don't understand it, fine; we can move on. 

No i understand your reply, which agreed with me that Tav is not a £20 million player 😂 

Move along now :hiboys:

I really wish people would stop valuing players based on other ridiculous deals which were exceptions. Everyone knows £19m for Solanke was a stupid deal, that is not the normal standard of value. What about Premier League bargains? There's great players clubs have signed for a couple million, why not compare to those deals?

Tavernier is not going to go for £20m - and I've always defended him and been a big fan of his since day 1. But it's mental how much people have sky rocketed our values because we won one Old Firm game. £9-12m would be a good deal for us. Any more is a welcome bonus but unexpected.

5 hours ago, andyhrfc said:

We should not be selling anyone in January that we do not want to offload because they are shit. Securing 55 in May is worth shit loads of money so now is not the time to even consider a sale.  Get out clause: unless someone offers silly money and silly money is £12 million+ AND we are able to source a replacement at less cost. 

Is it? I thought it was worth peanuts withbthe potential to make money via champions League

A player is like a house/painting/car or whatever, the item is worth what someone is willing to pay, there is nothing stopping us valuing him at 20 million whether a suitable club does is ??? but it does not stop us asking for it.

Some EPL club chairman flapping about losing the tv stupid money through relegation might think he is the man to keep them in the league, who knows.

2 hours ago, Perth_Campsie_Ger said:

Is it? I thought it was worth peanuts withbthe potential to make money via champions League

It IS potentially worth a helluva lot of money, which we are more likely to get with him in our team... therefore he is potentially worth a helluva lot of money to US! That is why it would be very stupid to sell him for 7 million...especially to the EPL which is full of cash......cash that just paid 19 million for Solanke, for instance. 

8 hours ago, andyhrfc said:

Winning the league is massive to the fans/club but just winning the league itself (not getting to the group stages of the champions league) won't bring in a massive amount of money. That's where the taigs have got their money from, European runs, as shit as they may be in Europe, it still brings in alot of money. 

Selling Tav for 10 million would bring in more than winning the league would, sure its still only 2/3 million for the winners up here.

7 hours ago, Broxi said:

I really wish people would stop valuing players based on other ridiculous deals which were exceptions. Everyone knows £19m for Solanke was a stupid deal, that is not the normal standard of value. What about Premier League bargains? There's great players clubs have signed for a couple million, why not compare to those deals?

Tavernier is not going to go for £20m - and I've always defended him and been a big fan of his since day 1. But it's mental how much people have sky rocketed our values because we won one Old Firm game. £9-12m would be a good deal for us. Any more is a welcome bonus but unexpected.

We should be one of those Clubs making these ridiculous deals. Why give our players away for fuck all? We have let players go that go on to transfer for many millions later in their career... we need to make sure tht WE get the cash. 19 mill for Solanke is a stupid deal... or a brilliant deal. Nobody knows... he is an unknown quantity, really..and it proves the fact that they are willing to spend serious cash on a player that has never EVER proven a thing in his career. Matters fuck all to us though.. what DOES matter for us is.. that Tav is an integral part of our team and he is our Captain. That should never EVER be taken lightly. We should only sell for top dollar. He is worth a lot to US. These teams down south have a lot of cash, and if they really want him they can pay for it. Fuck getting fucked over by these teams.

1 minute ago, johanhentze said:

We should be one of those Clubs making these ridiculous deals. Why give our players away for fuck all? We have let players go that go on to transfer for many millions later in their career... we need to make sure tht WE get the cash. 19 mill for Solanke is a stupid deal... or a brilliant deal. Nobody knows... he is an unknown quantity, really.. Matters fuck all to us though.. what DOES matter for us is.. that Tav is an integral part of our team and he is our Captain. That should never EVER be taken lightly. We should only sell for top dollar. He is worth a lot to US. These teams down south have a lot of cash, and if they really want him they can pay for it. Fuck getting fucked over by these teams.

It's not as simple as that

We play in a backwater and financially aren't in a position to demand ridiculous money

1 minute ago, Jeffrey said:

It's not as simple as that

We play in a backwater and financially aren't in a position to demand ridiculous money

There are a lot of backwater leagues in this world... you only need to look to Croatia and the likes. Teams over there sell players for fortunes.

We can demand what we want.. its our player. 

7 minutes ago, johanhentze said:

There are a lot of backwater leagues in this world... you only need to look to Croatia and the likes. Teams over there sell players for fortunes.

We can demand what we want.. its our player. 

Croatia just made the world cup final so don't agree with that as an example but when do players from the likes of Croatia move for fortunes?