Tav

Lloyd

27 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Basing it off logic:

1. we are majority owned by guys who are propping the club up with soft loans and converting to equity so often
2. we have been loss making for years and this won't change for a while yet

Points 1 and 2 are linked. If we continue to make losses, then number 1 has to keep happening. If number 1 keeps happening, it's not a stable financial situation at the club. The only way to avoid 1 and 2 is to become a self sustaining club (or find a sugar daddy or have the current owners put in money for nothing, which they don't want to do) . In order to become a self sustaining club we have to:

1) win trophies
2) sell players
3) qualify for Europe consistently
4) maximise our commercial opportunities

Ideally, a combination of the above. 

No business can sustain multi million £ losses continually without falling into a debt trap or going bust.

I do know that we need a combination of the above..we are heading in the right direction. What Im not so keen on in you post is that you say that we need to sell THIS SUMMER or face bankruptcy.

5 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

£10m with the add ons and he had less than a year on his contract. If he had 3+ years would have been at least double the figure.

Even if you do class Robertson as one, what others? 

You go on about only Solanke whilst there is numerous other examples. One being Stewart who went to Hull that same window for £7.5m. A guy who did nothing in his career prior.

Bayern have bid 35m for a Chelsea kid who has did nothing as well. The market is crazy currently. 

£10m is not an unrealistic value IMO.

I never said £10m was unrealistic I said £20m was unrealistic. 

We play more games domestically were we require his attacking threat than his defensive ability. 

I think he's improved massively since we signed him, and defensively he has it in him. It's just consistency that lets him down.

But he's a fullback, what do we expect?

Would be gutted if he left and I'd imagine very hard to replace. I'd be disappointed if he left and it wasn't for more than how much Hutton left for. 

On 09/01/2019 at 20:50, Broxi said:

I never said £10m was unrealistic I said £20m was unrealistic. 

The only unrealistic figure mentioned was 4m, not because he’s worth 10-20m but because it would take an 8-10m offer even to get us interested in selling 

hes worth what a team are willing to pay and if he were to go for 20m I’d be delighted but not shocked, I’ve seen less talented players go for more 

• 4 weeks later...

Doesn't look himself, looks like he's running on empty. Doesn't seem particularly happy or fired up either.

Tonight, at fault for their 2 goals. First one, header it into the space 10 yards further left of where he did. No sheep player, stops the shot from the edge of the box which ricochets to their scorer.

The penalty, he was more naive than Ferguson. Both grappling, both fouling, but his hands and body shape were at the  refs near side showing he was the one fouling, Ferguson's actions were all hidden at the other side. He WAS fouling so no complaints for the penalty.

Granted he persevered and got Defoes assist, but he looks done in.

Hopefully he's not distracted by either offers that have gone of that he knows are coming in the summer. He needs to get his finger out and find top form again..

Covered for Worrall a couple of times tonight, the tackle on Lowe in the first half preventing a 1 on 1 was brilliant. Few sloppy moment's and slack passes. Nothing he could do with the first goal, if anyone's to blame, it's Barisic and Jack for that imo they should be stopping the cross, Tav cleared and got back into position, ball hits off him and Goldson, shit happens.

Stupid decision to give away the penalty, but made up for his mistakes.

Another goal, another assist, keep doing what you do Tav.

1 minute ago, BlueMe said:

Covered for Worrall a couple of times tonight, the tackle on Lowe in the first half preventing a 1 on 1 was brilliant. Few sloppy moment's and slack passes. Nothing he could do with the first goal, if anyone's to blame, it's Barisic and Jack for that imo they should be stopping the cross, Tav cleared and got back into position, ball hits off him and Goldson, shit happens.

Stupid decision to give away the penalty, but made up for his mistakes.

Another goal, another assist, keep doing what you do Tav.

Terrible clearing header on first goal, stupid on second. I'm a fan but not his best night despite goal and assist.

16 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Doesn't look himself, looks like he's running on empty. Doesn't seem particularly happy or fired up either.

Tonight, at fault for their 2 goals. First one, header it into the space 10 yards further left of where he did. No sheep player, stops the shot from the edge of the box which ricochets to their scorer.

The penalty, he was more naive than Ferguson. Both grappling, both fouling, but his hands and body shape were at the  refs near side showing he was the one fouling, Ferguson's actions were all hidden at the other side. He WAS fouling so no complaints for the penalty.

Granted he persevered and got Defoes assist, but he looks done in.

Hopefully he's not distracted by either offers that have gone of that he knows are coming in the summer. He needs to get his finger out and find top form again..

He didn't look happy or fired up after scoring his pen?

Running on empty too after the run he's made for Defoe's goal?

Think you're being massively harsh on him.

Would have to see the first goal again but more or less agree with you about the penalty.

You've called out two of the three mistakes he made during the match, the other being where he lost the ball in possession to Mackay-Steven I think or McGinn.

Ignored the many more blocks and interceptions he's made. Like the covering he did for Worrall in the first half for I can't mind who was running in on goal. Or the fact that he near enough always finds one of our players with a pass when he has the ball.

Poor post.

1 minute ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Would have to see the first goal again but more or less agree with you about the penalty.

You've called out two of the three mistakes he made during the match, the other being where he lost the ball in possession to Mackay-Steven I think or McGinn.

Ignored the many more blocks and interceptions he's made. Like the covering he did for Worrall in the first half for I can't mind who was running in on goal. Or the fact that he near enough always finds one of our players with a pass when he has the ball.

Poor post.

a lot of our players seemed to be running on empty near the end. The fourth goal on a bad giveaway really helped ease the pressure.

7 hours ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Poor post.

I'm talking about since the winter break, not just last night. His engine and running up and down flanks is one of his strength, his assists from crossing another.

I've never felt he's been strong positiinally defensively, but don't really expect it as he's a wing back and can't always be expected to be covering the back post seconds after crossing  at the opponents by line. But last night's two errors weren't to do with that, and cost two goals.

Most players seem recharged since the winter break, he looks to me like others did just before it, a bit like he'd benefit from a winter break. 

If you think he's had the sterling performances after the break that he did before it, I'll beg to differ. I'll look forward to him puting in motm performances again, but something will need to change for that to be the case.