***The Official Kilmarnock v Rangers Thread***

G.E.C.

9 minutes ago, MrMckee said:

Simply have to win nothing else is acceptable. Hoping we are a couple up and cruising at hand time. Would like my nerves left intact for once this season. 

My hand time is usually around 11pm when I go to bed, hopefully we have the 3 points secured and almost up the road by then.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

Rumoured team at this stage is:

McGregor

Tav

Worrall

McAuley

Halliday

Davis

Jack

Arfield

Kent

Morelos

Defoe

I do worry about being exposed at RB and LB but I guess we can’t have two strikers and cover there.

Be good to see our three finally winning the battle against Dicker and Power in the middle.

Just now, Leeds_Bear said:

I do worry about being exposed at RB and LB but I guess we can’t have two strikers and cover there.

Be good to see our three finally winning the battle against Dicker and Power in the middle.

I think we're taking the risk knowing they aren't going to have Greg Stewart or Jordan Jones (imo) who would have usually caused us problems on the wing.

Just now, Misteral said:

Why would JJ not play?

Because he's signing for us in 6 months

I don't care how professional the guy is, if there's 50/50s or whatever there's no way he'll be throwing himself into them and it just gives the Killie fans a stick to beat him with if he has a bad game. Clarke knows he needs him onboard for the rest of the season if Killie are to finish top 3

2 minutes ago, Misteral said:

Why would JJ not play?

Some guy on FF who knows one of the Killie directors claims that JJ and Clarke have agreed that he shouldn't play as it would be his first game back and there would be too much unnecessary pressure on him from all sides.

Just now, Bronzy said:

Some guy on FF who knows one of the Killie directors claims that JJ and Clarke have agreed that he shouldn't play as it would be his first game back and there would be too much unnecessary pressure on him from all sides.

He played on Saturday at Rugby Park 

2 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

I think Jones will play. Clarke said as much in his presser on Monday 

Fair enough, I assumed he wouldn't but if he plays, he plays.

What I will say is though is that Jones has been pretty ineffective against Tavernier the past few times he's played against him, Stewart has been far more effective for Killie against us.

21 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

Rumoured team at this stage is:

McGregor

Tav

Worrall

McAuley

Halliday

Davis

Jack

Arfield

Kent

Morelos

Defoe

Be very happy with that team. Gaffer not holding back at all. 

Expect killie will set up to defend in numbers. This side should be able to break that down. 

6 minutes ago, Leeds_Bear said:

I just can’t see Clarke making a statement about supporters getting behind Jones and then dropping him. If he’s fit, he will likely play.

Clarke is stubborn enough to start him IMO. 

It's risky but as a bad game and the guaranteed boos and accusations that would follow, could destroy the guys confidence going into the remainder of the season. 

2 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

Clarke is stubborn enough to start him IMO. 

It's risky but as a bad game and the guaranteed boos and accusations that would follow, could destroy the guys confidence going into the remainder of the season. 

If I was in Jones's position I'd hit the ball into my own net 55 times. 

With the line up that esk post will we be playing narrow? Alfredo & Defoe with Kent in behind rather than the 4-3-3? wouldn't like to see Morelos or Defoe shoehorned in on the right hand side tbh  

4 minutes ago, Begby said:

With the line up that esk post will we be playing narrow? Alfredo & Defoe with Kent in behind rather than the 4-3-3? wouldn't like to see Morelos or Defoe shoehorned in on the right hand side tbh  

In the friendly morelos played wider than normal with defoe more central 

Archived