***The Official Kilmarnock v Rangers Thread***

G.E.C.

41 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

It's a shocker of a pitch though, and looks miles from the best all -weather surfaces there are out there.

If the game is off because the pitch then it's clearly not an all-weather pitch at all.

It's a scandal that this state of a pitch is being used in what is supposed to be a professional league.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One of the alleged benefits of these pitches is that they remain playable all year round. If games are called off due to the pitch rather than surrounding area conditions then it makes a mockery of them being accepted rather than grass with undersoil heating. Seasonal average low temperatures should not result in pitches being unplayable in top flight football.

3 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

If the game is off because the pitch then it's clearly not an all-weather pitch at all.

It's a scandal that this state of a pitch is being used in what is supposed to be a professional league.

It's a coup, id just posted similar to your 2nd para in a post above.

17 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

SFA too busy focusing on VAR too bother to review the pitches our clubs play on. 

Fully agree it's a joke our top flight has these pitches in place. Should be a requirement clubs in the top flight must have grass pitches. 

Early start for, coincidentally, Kilmarnock!

Tried to set BT Sport to record, to be met with a message ‘awaiting scheduling information’ where it should have had our game details.

Made me wonder if BT are hedging their bets on the game being on?

28 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

It's a coup, id just posted similar to your 2nd para in a post above.

Cunts should be demoted to the bottom tier of the league system imo.

The whole idea of these pitches, if I remember correctly, were to avoid call offs and save clubs money.

17 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

SFA too busy focusing on VAR too bother to review the pitches our clubs play on. 

Fully agree it's a joke our top flight has these pitches in place. Should be a requirement clubs in the top flight must have grass pitches. 

I wonder what Brendan and Neil think of all this, in saying that I'm not sure Brendan can comment if he has complained about the piggery surface? It won't stop him right ebough.

Just get the fucking things banned.

It's fucking criminal these are being allowed in top flight football.We are a fucking joke.

So let's spend the next year talking on incompetent ref's welfare and making sure the Lemmon and scum fc get the result they want from it and fuck the playing surfaces which are irrelevant to the game.

Them's the rules.

38 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

All weather pitch is a red herring and a load of crap, my sons football team has a great 4 g surface and if it’s freezing they can’t use it as the water in the pitch freezes  

Have Killie not had their pitch covered to keep the snow off it. 

1 minute ago, Courtyard Bear said:

All weather pitch is a red herring and a load of crap, my sons football team has a great 4 g surface and if it’s freezing they can’t use it as the water in the pitch freezes  

Have Killie not had their pitch covered to keep the snow off it. 

My boys team trained last night on 4G pitch and got along fine, every road and pavement was icy as fuck but the pitch was fine because it had been salted and Morton had trained on it earlier in the day.

9 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

I wonder what Brendan and Neil think of all this, in saying that I'm not sure Brendan can comment if he has complained about the piggery surface? It won't stop him right ebough.

I'm sure the first time one of their games is called off or one of their players gets seriously injured. They'll have plenty to say. 

Just now, BlueKnight87 said:

I'm sure the first time one of their games is called off or one of their players gets seriously injured. They'll have plenty yo say. 

I reckon if Brendan slipped on ice he would just break into loads of peices, he looks very fragile recently.

At the start all the beggars were calling him 'Brendan' and I called him 'Rodgers' amongst other things.

Now they are feeling the pressure most are calling him 'Rodgers' so I have mocked them for the change of tone and call him 'Brendan' now which they hate.

Not thread related but had to just clarify that.

2 minutes ago, Amokachi said:

Was always under the impression the clubs that got astro pitches were doing it as a source for income from hiring it out.  

Under  the pretence that it’s an all weather pitch & games will never be called off. 

Can't be that much if the wage budget is 35k a week 

1 minute ago, plumbGER said:

My boys team trained last night on 4G pitch and got along fine, every road and pavement was icy as fuck but the pitch was fine because it had been salted and Morton had trained on it earlier in the day.

They don’t salt their pitch mate, knowing the club probably to do with the cost of it  

It was covered in snow as well which had frozen. 

If Killie can’t get their pitch ready for this game they should be bloody fined. 

Archived