***The Official Kilmarnock v Rangers Thread***

G.E.C.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

This likely to be called off?

Don't know about likely, but it wouldn't be a huge surprise. 

A shite astro pitch in freezing conditions, a mix of snow / ice in Glasgow and I'd assume in Kilmarnock too.

Hopefully there's been enough time, planning and resources put into sorting these potential problems.

3 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Would've thought there'd be blankets over the pitch whilst it's below zero temperatures, even just to keep the worst of it off the astro overnight.

I would have thought so mate seems not though if that picture is genuinely from today. 

Hopefully it thaws out.  

8 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Would've thought there'd be blankets over the pitch whilst it's below zero temperatures, even just to keep the worst of it off the astro overnight.

I’d be shocked if it’s off because of the pitch.

My Sunday team trained and played on Glasgow Uni science parks 4G for years, and it was never called off even when it was well into the minus figures. 

They run what looks like a giant brush over it and it breaks up any of the black stuff that’s frozen together. 

18 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

I’d be shocked if it’s off because of the pitch.

My Sunday team trained and played on Glasgow Uni science parks 4G for years, and it was never called off even when it was well into the minus figures. 

They run what looks like a giant brush over it and it breaks up any of the black stuff that’s frozen together. 

I've had games called off on it. The wee rubber pellets basically freeze together and turn it into an ice rink 

Plastic pitches can freeze over too - not all plastic pitches are all weather pitches, depends on the tech used and we all know Killie's is fucking horrific. Problem is the black shit on it freezes and makes it slippy AF

They need to treat it with salt all day, continually cover the pitch with it then clean then cover 

This will be 50/50 IMO

Archived