Dapo mebude

falkirkNS

10 hours ago, stuart1994 said:

Anyone seen him play at all ? 

Yea mate, I've seen him play a few times when the U'18's were away on tournaments and domestic games, plus he also played for the U'20's in the win against Rapid Vienna. He's a fast nippy little bugger and got a fair bit of skill about him. It looked like we were going to lose him for nix similar to Billy Gilmour, but he ended up signing a contract until 2021. It will be interesting to see him get a runout, even for 20 minutes or so.

26 minutes ago, Ozblue said:

Yea mate, I've seen him play a few times when the U'18's were away on tournaments and domestic games, plus he also played for the U'20's in the win against Rapid Vienna. He's a fast nippy little bugger and got a fair bit of skill about him. It looked like we were going to lose him for nix similar to Billy Gilmour, but he ended up signing a contract until 2021. It will be interesting to see him get a runout, even for 20 minutes or so.

Good to hear, would be good to see another break through like Mcrorie & Middleton. 

4 minutes ago, j1mgg said:

It's cowdenbeath, I would give him the a start.

Not a game Defoe really needs to be getting involved in, rather play him in a closed doors game where he won't get chopped every 5m.

How will that get him used to Scotland?

I wouldn't start the young boy at all. Put him on the bench. It might only be Cowdenbeath we are playing but it's a potential banana skin game and it's about time we won a bit of silverware again 

13 hours ago, stuart1994 said:

Good to hear, would be good to see another break through like Mcrorie & Middleton. 

I would be a bit surprised if he actually gets a run against Cowdenbeath, to be fair, because we have too many on the fringes of the first team that are a bit "undercooked" of game fitness and need to get more minutes under their belt in readiness for vital League games, but perhaps  Gerrard thinks this kid has done enough to give him an appearance much in the same way he did with Serge Atakayi.

11 hours ago, Bearsden bear said:

I would start him and Kelly. If the under 20s cannae beat Cowdenbeath then they would be as well shutting Auchenhowie

Not long ago, our first team was struggling against teams like Cowdenbeath!

I think most under 20s teams from Scotland would struggle against the full teams of even the lower divisions.

Most of the players from the unders squads from all teams in Scotland never fulfill their potential. Many go on to have careers in the lower leagues and such.

11 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

How will that get him used to Scotland?

I wouldn't start the young boy at all. Put him on the bench. It might only be Cowdenbeath we are playing but it's a potential banana skin game and it's about time we won a bit of silverware again 

Disgraceful if Defoe or McBude get the Mark Walters treatment tbh

14 hours ago, Bearsden bear said:

I would start him and Kelly. If the under 20s cannae beat Cowdenbeath then they would be as well shutting Auchenhowie

You obviously haven't been looking at the Colts results in the Irn Bru cup, 2 seasons on the bounce us and the tims got beat in the 1st round,  agreed we lost to Falkirk last season I think but the full under 20s wouldn't be a given even against cowdenbeath 😂😂

20 hours ago, Begby said:

Find it weird if he is involved that hes went and posted it straight on social media, if i was Gerrard i wouldn't be too impressed. Don't know why but just don't think its right, probably because i think social media is a load of shite. 

This forum is a form of social media mate. I doubt that Cowdenbeith will have any great tactical advantage knowing that some young lad might get subbed on for 20 minutes if we are 3+ goals up. 

12 minutes ago, Rogerramjet25 said:

so what's you opinion? ready for 1st team ahead of even likes of Dallas  Rudden  Hardie ?

Ahead of those three? No. For me, Rudden is the pick of the group and should be first in line. He's not going to push Morelos or Defoe just now, but no harm giving him 10-15 minutes against the likes of Cowdenbeath

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

Ahead of those three? No. For me, Rudden is the pick of the group and should be first in line. He's not going to push Morelos or Defoe just now, but no harm giving him 10-15 minutes against the likes of Cowdenbeath

Adding to the group of three, were is he out the 4 of them?

4 minutes ago, Rogerramjet25 said:

Adding to the group of three, were is he out the 4 of them?

I'd probably say he's last in the group - although he's also the youngest of the group. He's a couple of years away from being in a position to regularly challenge for first-team games and a loan move will happen first.

I'm not convinced Hardie has a long-term future here and we might look to sell him in the summer.