One man team?

hammer93

Morelos is vital to the 433. Only one capable of playing the lone striker. But we've dropped points even when he is in the side. 

Our issue for me is midfield. We don't have a playmaker that can carve open a tight defence. Our management thought Davis would do this. Back to the drawing board. 

1 hour ago, plumbGER said:

Some people expected it to be fixed in one window, it was never realistic however It pains me to say it but Gerrard had better wisen up soon before he gets hounded out the club, that was absolutely chronic today and if it continues like that he'll be gone.

Nothing to base this opinion on other than Gerrard the player atm however for me hes played at the very very top of the game he's been in dressing rooms with massive ego's himself included. I think he knows what he wants and I still have trust 100% that he will deliver. He has given those that remained from previous managers every chance.

If players like Daniel Candeias are still first pick next season  then he has failed

the clubs recruitment does need to Improve all that said and he has to take his share of the blame for that to.

5 hours ago, Hilly86 said:

What are the chances that Morelos has watched the last two games, watched the consequences of the repeated, needless, huffy shit he does to no end, and regretted it?

I dont think he will give one single fuck, he only cares about himself.

Two man.

Morelos and McGregor are the only 2 who bring the needed drive, will to win, AND ability to the team.

Many others have some of what's needed, but not all. Some are struggling to show any of it right now. We've a squad of players capable of looking good when things are going well.

I'd say Kent and Goldson have done well enough too overall to work with. Kamara its too early but showed up well yesterday. After that, there's no one i'd be upset to see moved / sold. 

Given Morelos and Kent are 2 unlikely to be here come August, it's another big turn around required. The problem again is players on contracts we'll likely struggle to move on.

2 hours ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Our two key players are Morelos and Arfield.

I actually hate watching us when Arfield doesn’t play. He gives us so much drive in midfield and his first instinct is to get the ball forward.

I'd put Kent in that category too

Thankfully hes here on a permanent basis though and we don't have to worry about not having him next year aswell...

2 hours ago, McEwan's Lager said:

I actually hate watching us when Arfield doesn’t play. He gives us so much drive in midfield and his first instinct is to get the ball forward.

And scores the odd goal. 

Just now, sassaaaa said:

Thats one scary thought and will happen if he leaves.........

We know he will. Likely can't afford him and it's been reported he'll get a crack in the summer at getting into the Liverpool squad. Even if he fails I can see him joining an EPL team on loan where he's then getting more opportunity and profile to attract Klopps attention.

Just now, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

We know he will. Likely can't afford him and it's been reported he'll get a crack in the summer at getting into the Liverpool squad. Even if he fails I can see him joining an EPL team on loan where he's then getting more opportunity and profile to attract Klopps attention.

Signing Jones was our acceptance we weren't getting Kent long term imo.

Next season we have Jones, grezda, Murphy and Middleton playing for that left wing spot. 

Just now, BlueKnight87 said:

Signing Jones was our acceptance we weren't getting Kent long term imo.

Next season we have Jones, grezda, Murphy and Middleton playing for that left wing spot. 

I’m sure it’s Murphy and Jones, the other two are squad players at best  

infact punt Middleton back to the youths or loan him out 

2 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Cant see him getting near the Liverpool squad.

Worryingly more than Morelos if Kent doesnt turn up and he sure didnt yesterday then we struggle really badly.

8 hours ago, Weird_Beard said:

We have a loose cannon South American! Every team should have one. But every team should be able to play without one too. 

Don't forget how many points we have dropped against shite with him in the team as well.

He is not the problem, but we have made him the problem.

2 minutes ago, Zappa6995 said:

Cant see him getting near the Liverpool squad.

Worryingly more than Morelos if Kent doesnt turn up and he sure didnt yesterday then we struggle really badly.

I don't either but I remember reports him and the lad at Derby had impressed enough to get the opportunity to get into the squad. 

Kent wasn't great yesterday but he didn't hide and didn't stop trying to create. Without Morelos it seems like our players just expect to give him the ball and he'll do it all on his own. Even on a poor day for me he was still pass marks, which can't be said for 7 of those who started.

3 hours ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Can't fault Arfield on his application, but lacks the vision and ability we need in there. Kamara maybe the improvement needed in that department.