Jordan rossiter

CF2 WINNIE

3 minutes ago, Katula said:

Bury fan here

Been following this thread for a while and thought i would give a honest opinion on what I have seen of Rossiter

I have been at every game Jordan has played and he has been absolute class for us. Reads the game brilliantly and his positional awareness is fantastic, got a great engine on him and despite only being small in stature he is rock solid in the tackle. He breaks up play very well and has provided a defensive shield we was missing. If he can stay fit you potentially have a serious player on your hands

Comparisons to Gerrard are way off though, totally different players. SG was a box to box savage and had everything, Rossiter on the other hand is very defensive minded. He is not going to be spreading 50 yard balls and creating much but as a defensive midfielder he is everything you want

I cant say if he is good enough for Rangers or what you need in midfield but he is far to good for league two in England. Would comfortably be a solid Championship midfielder IMO

I had a quick chat with him after we won promotion at Tranmere ( he was immense again and probably had his best game for us) and he seems to have his heart set on going back to Glasgow injury free and making a good go of it. He actually said he owes Rangers after the way he has been treated up there on and off the pitch. He could not have spoke higher about Rangers than what he did. Lovely down to earth lad aswel

Wish him all the best. He has played a massive part in our promotion and will always be more than welcome by everyone at Bury F.C

👍

Cheers mate ..... good honest review ...... hope he does well for us also (fitness allowing) ..... and also wish you and your team all the best in the coming season.

:UK:

9 minutes ago, Katula said:

Yeah mate. Same to your lot. Always had a soft spot for Rangers. Hopefully you can carry on the progress you have made this season and reclaim your rightful spot as champions of Scotland. As well as putting the enemy from the other side of the City back in their place

Good luck 👍

I knew a Bury fan through a mate of mine who lived in London,  he was a decent guy who loved a beer and we had some laughs, I am sure during one of our drunken conversations he told me his dad or maybe grandad was once the chairman of your club, sadly he passed away last year with the same bastard illness that has riddled our own Fernando Ricksen, I never even knew his surname but Pete was his name, anyone you knew?

1 hour ago, Katula said:

Bury fan here

Been following this thread for a while and thought i would give a honest opinion on what I have seen of Rossiter

I have been at every game Jordan has played and he has been absolute class for us. Reads the game brilliantly and his positional awareness is fantastic, got a great engine on him and despite only being small in stature he is rock solid in the tackle. He breaks up play very well and has provided a defensive shield we was missing. If he can stay fit you potentially have a serious player on your hands

Comparisons to Gerrard are way off though, totally different players. SG was a box to box savage and had everything, Rossiter on the other hand is very defensive minded. He is not going to be spreading 50 yard balls and creating much but as a defensive midfielder he is everything you want

I cant say if he is good enough for Rangers or what you need in midfield but he is far to good for league two in England. Would comfortably be a solid Championship midfielder IMO

I had a quick chat with him after we won promotion at Tranmere ( he was immense again and probably had his best game for us) and he seems to have his heart set on going back to Glasgow injury free and making a good go of it. He actually said he owes Rangers after the way he has been treated up there on and off the pitch. He could not have spoke higher about Rangers than what he did. Lovely down to earth lad aswel

Wish him all the best. He has played a massive part in our promotion and will always be more than welcome by everyone at Bury F.C

Very well put mate, great wee read. 

21 minutes ago, pcbear said:

I knew a Bury fan through a mate of mine who lived in London,  he was a decent guy who loved a beer and we had some laughs, I am sure during one of our drunken conversations he told me his dad or maybe grandad was once the chairman of your club, sadly he passed away last year with the same bastard illness that has riddled our own Fernando Ricksen, I never even knew his surname but Pete was his name, anyone you knew?

Yeah i think i know who you are on about. Our loyal fanbase are quite well known to each other. Makes it a lot easier when you do not have that many fans 😀.

Pete Eaves i think is the guy in question. Was a nice chap. Sadly missed

46 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

really want to see the wee man make it but competition is fierce in the middle and I think there is still a big name player to get signed in the midfield this summer. The kid is defo good enough to play for us.

As I said i cant say what you need in midfield but if you need a holding/anchor type he is the man

Not comparing them as players but the job he done for us was pretty much Makelele at Chelsea although at a much lower standard

Just sat in front of the centre half's and destroyed anything that come near him. Broke attacks up and just kept everything nice and simple to feet. I said 10 minutes into his debut he had no business being in this league. Instantly  stood out like a sore thumb

29 minutes ago, Katula said:

As I said i cant say what you need in midfield but if you need a holding/anchor type he is the man

Not comparing them as players but the job he done for us was pretty much Makelele at Chelsea although at a much lower standard

Just sat in front of the centre half's and destroyed anything that come near him. Broke attacks up and just kept everything nice and simple to feet. I said 10 minutes into his debut he had no business being in this league. Instantly  stood out like a sore thumb

It might not be a good level of football in technical terms, but it's a good league to get him used to the hammer throwers in our league. For our team in our league, we only need one good sitting midfielder for almost all of our games, most teams park the bus against us and I just can't see Rossiter getting that spot in our team. Certainly not first choice, his best chances of getting a game for us is in the beginning of the league Cup where we play very poor teams. We have too many players who are in front of him in his position. I completely understand that he wants to give something back to us as we have always had hopes of him being a star, but he's unfortunately either just been unlucky with injuries or his skeleton is made of glass. That's why he was loaned out to a winning team in a league like you were in. It is/was the best option to try and get over his fitness problems. Competitive and rough was what he needed. Unfortunately I don't think he will make it here if he can stay fit. 

But he will end up in a top 8 team in The Championship or something like that. 

Rangers have always had problems with certain players. We even changed doctors and still get the same problems. Having plastic pitches has only made the situation worse. 

I think a priest sprinkled holy water on our treatment tables or something. Starting back from Marco Negri there has always been a player stuck on that treatment table. We used to have the world's top knee ligament injuries surgeon on speed dial lol. 

Dr Steadman was it?? 

10 minutes ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

It might not be a good level of football in technical terms, but it's a good league to get him used to the hammer throwers in our league. For our team in our league, we only need one good sitting midfielder for almost all of our games, most teams park the bus against us and I just can't see Rossiter getting that spot in our team. Certainly not first choice, his best chances of getting a game for us is in the beginning of the league Cup where we play very poor teams. We have too many players who are in front of him in his position. I completely understand that he wants to give something back to us as we have always had hopes of him being a star, but he's unfortunately either just been unlucky with injuries or his skeleton is made of glass. That's why he was loaned out to a winning team in a league like you were in. It is/was the best option to try and get over his fitness problems. Competitive and rough was what he needed. Unfortunately I don't think he will make it here if he can stay fit. 

Rangers have always had problems with certain players. We even changed doctors and still get the same problems. Having plastic pitches has only made the situation worse. 

I think a priest sprinkled holy water on our treatment tables or something. Starting back from Marco Negri there has always been a player stuck on that treatment table. We used to have the world's top knee ligament injuries surgeon on speed dial lol. 

Dr Steadman was it?? 

If given the chance, I believe Rossiter would prove to be a better player than Jack & McCrorie who play in the same position. One thing is for sure, the debate that has been talked about forever will be found out once and for all this pre season.

45 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

If given the chance, I believe Rossiter would prove to be a better player than Jack & McCrorie who play in the same position. One thing is for sure, the debate that has been talked about forever will be found out once and for all this pre season.

Has he not been excellent the last two preseason and then got injured pretty much as soon as the real games start?? He's missed A LOT of football. It seems like we have had him for years. Almost like Prodan. Injury-wise, that's the only player I can think of who has been worse. He seems like the next Kevin Thompson. 

A refreshing change to read another club’s fan come on her and provide a sensible, constructive post and not resort to ‘you’re a zombie’ and the Sevco pish that is just old, shite patter. 

An honest opinion from someone that has watched and spoken to the player. 

Coming from someone who has said sell on this thread. 

1 hour ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

Dr Steadman was it?? 

I had a good read up about him before his first game for us and my initial thought was if he has that many injury problems then what is he doing here. The main attribute you need in League two i would say is to be physically strong

My biggest surprise with Rossiter is how well he stood up the the physical demands, he is only a small guy with barely anything to him but most games he was the most imposing player on the pitch. Some of the teams we have faced this season (Colchester and Northampton spring to mind) are literally full of 6 foot odd rugby players who just want to kick the s**t out of you. Jordan just imposed his will with a crunching challenge or two early on then bossed the game. You could see his fitness levels getting better game by game

I really can not speake any higher about the kid. Hopefully he is over his injury issues and gets his career firmly back on track 

21 minutes ago, Katula said:

I had a good read up about him before his first game for us and my initial thought was if he has that many injury problems then what is he doing here. The main attribute you need in League two i would say is to be physically strong

My biggest surprise with Rossiter is how well he stood up the the physical demands, he is only a small guy with barely anything to him but most games he was the most imposing player on the pitch. Some of the teams we have faced this season (Colchester and Northampton spring to mind) are literally full of 6 foot odd rugby players who just want to kick the s**t out of you. Jordan just imposed his will with a crunching challenge or two early on then bossed the game. You could see his fitness levels getting better game by game

I really can not speake any higher about the kid. Hopefully he is over his injury issues and gets his career firmly back on track 

Well said mate. I hope you are right. It's make or break (literally) for him next season I reckon. 

37 minutes ago, Smile said:

will be tough for him and Docherty to make their mark as we are a better unit in midfield now.

I really like the boy and want it to work but he's going to have to go some to.get into this midfield now 

35 minutes ago, Smile said:

will be tough for him and Docherty to make their mark as we are a better unit in midfield now.

give them pre-season and see what the situation is with them. If they are still behind what we have just now, loan them to a more competitive league, mid-lower championship team, it either puts them in the shop window or if they are outstanding you bring them back in january and its like a new signing.