We want Dembele money for Morelos - Robertson

55 minutes ago, The Ghost said:

He’s still too raw and inexperienced at a high level to command some of the fees mentioned. If a big team came for him, it would be a speculative purchase. He’s done better than I expected this season but he’s scoring against poor players in poorly organised defences. The Scottish game has genuinely never been worse.

He lacks composure and is not a clean striker of the ball but he does have an aggressive, bustling technique that creates chances and unsettles defences.

I hope we do get £20m but I can’t see anyone within the club having realistic expectations of that.

Lacks composure and not a clean striker of the ball.......... He can’t header it either I believe. 🧐

1 hour ago, The Ghost said:

He’s still too raw and inexperienced at a high level to command some of the fees mentioned. If a big team came for him, it would be a speculative purchase. He’s done better than I expected this season but he’s scoring against poor players in poorly organised defences. The Scottish game has genuinely never been worse.

He lacks composure and is not a clean striker of the ball but he does have an aggressive, bustling technique that creates chances and unsettles defences.

I hope we do get £20m but I can’t see anyone within the club having realistic expectations of that.

Some of his finishing has been top class this season - Not sure what you've been watching.

He will break the Scottish transfer record, mark my words.

He's not just a goalscorer or a lone striker, he's a bully of defenders, he's a creator, he's our first line of defence, he's unpredictable, he's indestructible, he scores from half chances and even no chances, he tracks back and supports our defence, he's a warrior and a fighter, he's El Buffalo. 

And he's not even the finished article. There's so much more potential and IMO they'll be queuing up to buy him - he will have a choice, EPL, Bundesliga...  

One thing is for sure, this is his last season with us. 

1 hour ago, Keeps01 said:

Lacks composure and not a clean striker of the ball.......... He can’t header it either I believe. 🧐

Clearly not every goal is going to be a scuffed mishit but there have been more than a few, along with a significant number of bad misses which with a little more composure and technical ability would have been goals.

It’s not that long ago when the move to the Far East fell through, he had a few bad games and a dry spell when numerous posters were bemoaning the fact we hadn’t cashed in. Now, any minor criticism is thrown back and he’s somehow become the next Pele. He’s a good player in this league but I doubt he’ll flourish in a higher quality, more competitive environment. Denya has rhymed off half a dozen players who are ahead of him in the international stakes and he has some way to go before he establishes himself in that group.

I’d take the money now as a season as productive as this one is often followed with a poor return the following season and I’m not entirely convinced he would have the appetite to plough through another season in this league.

32 minutes ago, simplythebest said:

Think it's a point worth making to be fair as we've rolled over for years when it comes to player prices compared to them 

Point taken mate but there is a different attitude at ibrox just now.

He won't be going anywhere unless the big money comes in. 

No need to mention that cunt dembelle for me......Fuck they bastards....I want nothing to do with them.

No getting on at you mate btw lol 

12 hours ago, DBBTB said:

I don’t think we will get quite as much as that tbh. Dembele already had a reputation in England and goals against us and in the Champions League probably added a few million to his value. I think we will get between 12-15 for him.

£12-£15m is shocking when you consider Solanke went for £19m, so I really hope you're wrong there.

If it is Dortmund and any team from the Prem competing for him then £20m+ begins to looks realistic   

6 hours ago, Mr Blue HMS said:

Pretty sure most EPL sides are looking thinking maybe worth a punt at £5-8 million....

£20 mill? How the fuck can anybody come to that conclusion?

Boyd went down south failed. Miller done so-so but never pulled up trees. Likewise Naismith, Jelovic, Laffery etc. 

Bare in mind that Rooney was one of the top scorers here for a while and is at Salford.

im not having a pop at anybody but some people need a bit of balance. 

Aye because Morelos and Rooney are of a similar standard 😂

3 hours ago, BlueKnight87 said:

Rodgers is two faced wouldn't bother me that much. 

If we get 20m from Leicester it would piss the taigs off to no end and give us huge funds to invest in the squad. 

3 hours ago, Lord Lockin said:

Come on they'll go apeshit if Brenda gives Rangers £25,000,000, be complete meltdown 😂

I hear you both and that's one way of looking at it, but I want Morelos to do well when he leaves us yet want nothing but failure and misery for that swarmy cunt Rodgers.

Morelos is heading for the world class bracket, absolutely no doubt about it. Time to cash him whilst he is in the rise - and get a healthy sell on clause/international appearance clause put in to whom ever wants to get him on the cheap (less than 15m). It's going to be difficult to replace him, a goalscorer at his age is very hard to come by.

5 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

I hear you both and that's one way of looking at it, but I want Morelos to do well when he leaves us yet want nothing but failure and misery for that swarmy cunt Rodgers.

I'd love him to stay of course. But if morelos leaves I think Dortmund would be better for him than Leicester.

I could see him taking Bundesliga by storm. 

6 minutes ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

Morelos is heading for the world class bracket, absolutely no doubt about it. Time to cash him whilst he is in the rise - and get a healthy sell on clause/international appearance clause put in to whom ever wants to get him on the cheap (less than 15m). It's going to be difficult to replace him, a goalscorer at his age is very hard to come by.

I love him but that's a ridiculous statement. Depending on what you're meaning by world class of course, which depending on who you speak to can range from only players who would get into a worlds best 11, to the top 20 to 50 in each position.

3 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

I love him but that's a ridiculous statement. Depending on what you're meaning by world class of course, which depending on who you speak to can range from only players who would get into a worlds best 11, to the top 20 to 50 in each position.

i think he will make it to the highest level.  world cup, champions lg etc. 

Just now, sausagetrunks said:

i think he will make it to the highest level.  world cup, champions lg etc. 

Hope so too, and if he continues to improve when he makes his next move there's no reason why he can't.

World class to me though is the best of the best; Mbappe, Neymar, obviously Messi etc. 

Morelos could end up a peer in the group of very good players below that level, but he'd still need to improve massively to do that.

The good players in the EPL would look like superstars up here and the best ones would look like gods.

1 minute ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Hope so too, and if he continues to improve when he makes his next move there's no reason why he can't.

World class to me though is the best of the best; Mbappe, Neymar, obviously Messi etc. 

Morelos could end up a peer in the group of very good players below that level, but he'd still need to improve massively to do that.

The good players in the EPL would look like superstars up here and the best ones would look like gods.

i agree, he's not world class but i think he will make it to the top level, he is 22 and a lot to learn and work with. imagine if we had a boy come thro the ranks at 22 and playing like that. ? the media would be in overdrive.  If it is true, Rodgers wants him? whats that say about the 9 million superstar Edouard? id be disappointed if we dont get a big fee, certainly over 15 million. 

7 hours ago, Jeffrey said:

Not in leagues as bad as ours there isnt

Dembele went from our league for nearly £20m.     Dembele's value went up in our league because the Parkhead mob talk up the value of their players whilst people like talk down the value of our own players.   The point isn't about our league it is about the quality of our player.

4 hours ago, The Ghost said:

Did Dembele not score against poor players in a poor league and his value went up from approx £5 m to £20m.   Morelos has scored some absolute crackers and none of his goals were penalties or free kicks.   Same age as Dembele with a better scoring record.

1 minute ago, JCDBigBear said:

Did Dembele not score against poor players in a poor league and his value went up from approx £5 m to £20m.   Morelos has scored some absolute crackers and none of his goals were penalties or free kicks.   Same age as Dembele with a better scoring record.

He’s perhaps one of the cleanest strikers of the ball I’ve seen in this league out with Rogic. He blasts it past keepers from all angles. 

1 minute ago, Leeds_Bear said:

The next Pele would be worth more than £20m

The problem is people see £20 million and are still comparing this to what £20 million bought you 10 or 20 years ago.

Hutton going for £8 million in 2009 is the equivalent of something like £40 million today. Not in real terms obviously but in comparing his £8 million fee against the average transfer fee that year to what that would equate to against the average now.

The minimum for Morelos should be starting at somewhere close to £20 million.

2 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

The problem is people see £20 million and are still comparing this to what £20 million bought you 10 or 20 years ago.

Hutton going for £8 million in 2009 is the equivalent of something like £40 million today. Not in real terms obviously but in comparing his £8 million fee against the average transfer fee that year to what that would equate to against the average now.

The minimum for Morelos should be starting at somewhere close to £20 million.

I agree mate, I was more pointing out how ridiculous the comment was. Hate it when people claim people are saying a player is the next whoever - irritates me more than it probably should but just think it’s a ridiculous argument to make. 

As you’ve helpfully shown!

5 minutes ago, Leeds_Bear said:

He’s perhaps one of the cleanest strikers of the ball I’ve seen in this league out with Rogic. He blasts it past keepers from all angles. 

Sometimes it appears as if he sclaffs a shot but he actually places it in the corners.  The thing about his finishing is it is so varied.