We want Dembele money for Morelos - Robertson

Dortmund interested according to Sky. 

If that’s the level of team we’re looking at then £20 million is very reasonable IMO. 

Scenes when Gerrard asks him to stay for one more year and he scores 40 goals on the way to a treble. 

5 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

If that’s the level of team we’re looking at then £20 million is very reasonable IMO. 

Scenes when Gerrard asks him to stay for one more year and he scores 40 goals on the way to a treble. 

If they get £100m for Sancho then hopefully we'll see a big chuck of it then.

48 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Your search occurred before the interview was published by the scottish media? It was published by the Colombians on 26/2. The Record, Sun, Scotsman all had it on 27/2.

You're spending an awful lot of time on something I said might have happened but I couldn't find.

Turns out there's a Wradio site,.... in Mexico (spanish),.... Which funnily enough doesn't bring anything up when his name is entered. That's the one I visited.

But hey, my simple error, thanks again for your perseverance.

A statement of the blindingly obvious of course but a player is only worth what the buying club is prepared to offer if the selling club is prepared to accept the offer.   I firmly believe that Robertson could have set a form of benchmark without referring to the price for Dembele.  He could simply have restated the line that SG has taken a number of times and that is that if clubs want Rangers players then they need to bid top money (and by strong inference forget any notion of tabling time-wasting mickey-mouse lowball bids).   

I think the football market knows well enough that Rangers is a selling club, and that SG (in effect Rangers) values Morelos as its top sellable player asset.   Clubs bidding for Morelos are not just pitching for a proven goalscorer who has shown he can adapt quickly to playing in different countries and who delivers goals in a very physical Scottish league...…. and in doing so terrorizes defences.   They are pitching for the future potential that the player can progress even further and as successfully at a different club.    That potential has a value.  A big value.  The question for clubs, and for Rangers, is how to put a realistic and acceptable value on that potential.

If Roberston is inviting a bidding competition for the player then setting a Dembele £ benchmark of sorts is one way to do it but I don't t think its the best way.   As above I think that all that needs to be done is make clear statements to the effect that only realistic top-price bids would be considered.   Each prospective buying club in the market can decide for itself what it considers to be a price high enough to get Rangers serious attention.   At £20m Morelos could be undervalued...…...especially if a buying club is prepared to bet that a spell playing for them would materially increase his value a lot further ie they are buying an investment that would not only win football games for them but yield a substantial downstream return on (say) £20m original investment. 

I do expect Morelos to move on in the Summer transfer window.  I'd also expect that Rangers would use its commercial nous to make sure the value for the player is indeed top dollar (as SG sometimes puts it).    As much to the point, I hope that the Club uses the money it gets for Morelos very wisely to improve the team and (somehow) to replace Morelos goals for next season. 

13 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Bundesliga will suit him down to a tee imo. 

6 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

You're spending an awful lot of time on something I said might have happened but I couldn't find.

Turns out there's a Wradio site,.... in Mexico,.... Which funnily enough doesn't bring anything up when his name is entered. That's the one I visited.

Most reliable is Caracol my friend. Wradio and BluRadio is not as reliable for football for Colombia as Caracol. Caracol is our national tv and radio with RCN that show all national team game and first to have news and the interviews. If in Scotland they say he says he want to leave then they are wrong, he not say this in interview

1 minute ago, denya said:

Most reliable is Caracol my friend. Wradio and BluRadio is not as reliable for football for Colombia as Caracol. Caracol is our national tv and radio with RCN that show all national team game and first to have news and the interviews

👍

18 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Leicester and several other Bundesliga clubs as well according to sky. 

I'd love him to stay. But if he's intent on leaving a bidding war could bump up the price. 

2 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

It’s always appropriate to be fair. 

Utterly spineless. 

Fucking hate the filth, but imagine we had lawell (or someone competent and with a set of working testicles) in instead of Robertson. Totally different prospect. 

A slimey cunt, and a man I have very little if any time for, happily sat back and seen our support attacked continually but said nothing, Motherwell was his level tinpot 

3 hours ago, DBBTB said:

I don’t think we will get quite as much as that tbh. Dembele already had a reputation in England and goals against us and in the Champions League probably added a few million to his value. I think we will get between 12-15 for him.

10 to 12 for me at a push 

36 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Turns out there's a Wradio site,.... in Mexico (spanish),.... Which funnily enough doesn't bring anything up when his name is entered. That's the one I visited.

Took me literally seconds.