***Official Rangers v Aberdeen Thread***

G.E.C.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/03/2019 at 02:37, bluenoz said:

The rolling over stuff is just nonsense. Teams are trying to make Europe or maybe avoiding relegation.I never get that conspiracy.

It's something you'd usually hear from that mhob not our own support!

This one SG has to win or there will be questions asked up until now (i have said this before)his form on must win games isnt what you would call impressive i just hope it happens for him no one can say he doesnt deserve it

28 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Absolute must-win game but I think we might see extra time and penalties. Worryingly the team looked tired on Friday night in the 2nd half

The team have been at it for a long time already this season so it is no surprise that we look a bit jaded. Sadly now there is not many games we can look at and say this should be an easy one let's rest a few players. 

1 minute ago, Dan Deacon said:

The team have been at it for a long time already this season so it is no surprise that we look a bit jaded. Sadly now there is not many games we can look at and say this should be an easy one let's rest a few players. 

I just checked. Excluding friendlies this will be the 51st game of the season

3 hours ago, Zulu said:

This one SG has to win or there will be questions asked up until now (i have said this before)his form on must win games isnt what you would call impressive i just hope it happens for him no one can say he doesnt deserve it

If we don’t win then he doesn’t deserve anything

Hes done a good job of blaming the players for poor results all year when mad tactical decisions, team selection and subs or even often lack of subs have cost us a load of points 

I like the man but he needs to wise up, doesn’t seem to be learning from mistakes at all 

1 hour ago, BlueKnight87 said:

McGregor

Tav Goldson Worrall Barisic 

Kamara

Jack        Arfield 

Candeias Defoe  Kent

I don't see the manager risking morelos getting a booking.

2-0 win. 

There is absolutely no way Morelos is not starting this game.  Can you imagine the outcry if we lost.  

4 minutes ago, RDB14 said:

There is absolutely no way Morelos is not starting this game.  Can you imagine the outcry if we lost.  

Yes I can. I can also imagine the outcry if we progress, he gets booked and then misses the semi final vs the scum. 

I personally think he should start. But having got burned before in the league cup, I think the management won't risk it. 

1 minute ago, BlueKnight87 said:

Yes I can. I can also imagine the outcry if we progress, he gets booked and then misses the semi final vs the scum. 

I personally think he should start. But having got burned before in the league cup, I think the management won't risk it. 

He's definitely starting.  I think SG will be of the opinion that Defoe is an experienced backup for the old firm game if necessary.  I actually think Lafferty has offered us more than Defoe up top when played though and Defoe just gets a game because he is Defoe.

Gerrard suggesting he would start with Morelos 

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/3968650/Rangers-steven-gerrard-alfredo-morelos-aberdeen/amp/&ved=2ahUKEwiWyZqOr_rgAhXFTxUIHRPjDScQFjAAegQIAxAB&usg=AOvVaw3h6a5MDA6vuXp8LfeQvryS&ampcf=1

And what he said previously.. 

"He is wrong to speak back to the referee the way he did. But, the big picture is that I am to blame because he had a yellow card and there was that risk.

“I took that risk so I am to blame, big picture. He is to blame for getting the yellow card for answering the referee back because that is wrong. I am sure he knows that.

“The referee got it wrong because he should have booked the Ayr player. But the person to blame is myself because I took the risk of playing him. I could easily have left him out and we wouldn’t be in this situation.

“It would have come into consideration but when Lafferty is cup tied and I am not seeing the real Umar Sadiq, sometimes decisions… you have to take those risks as a manager. But, I have got it wrong so I am to blame.

So fuck knows 😂

7 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Gerrard suggesting he would start with Morelos 

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/3968650/Rangers-steven-gerrard-alfredo-morelos-aberdeen/amp/&ved=2ahUKEwiWyZqOr_rgAhXFTxUIHRPjDScQFjAAegQIAxAB&usg=AOvVaw3h6a5MDA6vuXp8LfeQvryS&ampcf=1

And what he said previously.. 

"He is wrong to speak back to the referee the way he did. But, the big picture is that I am to blame because he had a yellow card and there was that risk.

“I took that risk so I am to blame, big picture. He is to blame for getting the yellow card for answering the referee back because that is wrong. I am sure he knows that.

“The referee got it wrong because he should have booked the Ayr player. But the person to blame is myself because I took the risk of playing him. I could easily have left him out and we wouldn’t be in this situation.

“It would have come into consideration but when Lafferty is cup tied and I am not seeing the real Umar Sadiq, sometimes decisions… you have to take those risks as a manager. But, I have got it wrong so I am to blame.

So fuck knows 😂

There is a difference in playing Ayr where he shouldn't have been risked than playing Aberdeen in a quarter final replay. He has to start imo

1 minute ago, bluenoz said:

There is a difference in playing Ayr where he shouldn't have been risked than playing Aberdeen in a quarter final replay. He has to start imo

That's your opinion. It's naive though to suggest though that there's absolutely no way he's not starting. It will be a consideration.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him on the bench. Also wouldn't be surprised to see him start. Regardless, I'm just providing a bit of substance to the debate about it being cast iron certain that one thing or another will happen.  Nothing's certain.

7 hours ago, Zulu said:

The notion that Gerrard doesn't win must win games is ridiculous. Every game is a must win game. Killie in the last round was a must win game, the tims at Ibrox was a must win game , Hamilton away was a must win game. Not debating he's dropped points where he shouldn't but you can't just point at the draws and defeats and say he doesn't win when it matters.

7 minutes ago, dougal72 said:

The notion that Gerrard doesn't win must win games is ridiculous. Every game is a must win game. Killie in the last round was a must win game, the tims at Ibrox was a must win game , Hamilton away was a must win game. Not debating he's dropped points where he shouldn't but you can't just point at the draws and defeats and say he doesn't win when it matters. 

Lets wait an see

Archived