Morelos fine going to the fans

9 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

While this sounds a good idea, the amount of admin to sort it out will be a lot of time and effort for not very much reward, just give it to Erskine or another worthwhile charity. I should add that Stevie has tried and failed with Mo as far as game discipline goes it seems.

Id divide it up between the RSC busses

At the end of the day he has openly stated he has aspirations elsewhere, notably the premiership is his preference. Today, before the game, I was thinking if he'd scores a goal or two we could perhaps get 20+million for him. Fast forward a few hours and shit hits the fan. Looking out for the club (and trying to cash in on this nutter) it would be best, as hard as it seems, to play this down and let him continue scoring goals and hopefully end up player of the year. That way we could make a healthy profit. However, giving how we all feel at this moment in time this might not happen. Pfft! Our fans who attended, deserve additional compensation never mind their money back. 

Just now, Perth_Campsie_Ger said:

Id divide it up between the RSC busses

Yes if that could work fine by me, putting whatever £s it comes out at into everyone who paid for a ticket would be a job admin would probably think was a bit over the top.

I should probably add that since the new year my disgust at our results is not making me feel that I am too bothered about what happens to his fine. :happy:

2 hours ago, Reformation Bear said:

Would have been a stronger (and more valuable) contribution if Gerrard had included himself in the fine.

Why?   Whilst the player continues to prove he is a liability and does not listen to the advice / instruction he's been given, its arguably clear enough also that the management and coaching of the player has not been effective enough...…..for if it had been the player would have absorbed the strength and purpose of the message and adjusted his game to show he had learned.    Its as much a failure of management as it is a personal failing in the player.

Besides which, a fine after the event is one thing but if the player had been told beforehand that he loses money if he fails to respond to management direction / coaching would it have made any difference?    

A fine is just a gesture.     If Gerrard thinks that withholding a weeks wages is somehow going to galvanise the player to mending his ways then I think he is very mistaken.   Gerrard is simply proving to the football world that he has an unmanageable player and that as a manager he does not have the skills, influence, know-how to manage an unmanageable player.   One of the 2 will have to go for next season and my bet is it will be Morelos.     

Good post, and I agree Morelos will be gone, and that would be my vote. 

I also agree that Gerrard must take some of the responsibility for not eradicating his petulant side. 

2 hours ago, Lloyd said:

Stopped reading after you said Gerrard should fine himself. Fucking balloon

There are views aplenty.  You have yours and I have mine.     

Gerrard carries some of the blame.  He is clearly not able to coach Morelos to control his behaviour and Morelos is clearly not able or willing to respond to Gerrard's efforts to manage him.   Its a well established pattern now that even Gerrard cannot evade. 

3 minutes ago, Reformation Bear said:

There are views aplenty.  You have yours and I have mine.     

Gerrard carries some of the blame.  He is clearly not able to coach Morelos to control his behaviour and Morelos is clearly not able or willing to respond to Gerrard's efforts to manage him.   Its a well established pattern now that even Gerrard cannot evade. 

So if Gerrard tells Morelos “don’t react when they try to wind you up” and then Morelos hits someone when they do exactly that. That to you is Gerrard’s fault?

1 minute ago, Lloyd said:

So if Gerrard tells Morelos “don’t react when they try to wind you up” and then Morelos hits someone when they do exactly that. That to you is Gerrard’s fault?

No different to any other manager in any profession giving an instruction to a member of staff and the member of staff ignores it or fails to modify his behaviour to respond to the instruction.   Part of it is down to the employee and part if it is down to the quality, skill, know how of the manager in making damn sure the employee gets the instruction crystal clear and complies with it.  If it goes wrong they are both part of the problem.

6 minutes ago, Lloyd said:

Many times will morelos react when told not to and cost us? 

9 minutes ago, Lloyd said:

tbf is the manager can't control the player then he should have the balls to bench him.

Not his fault as such, but he played him in the first place.  

1 minute ago, gogzy said:

tbf is the manager can't control the player then he should have the balls to bench him.

Not his fault as such, but he played him in the first place.  

Would you have benched Morelos for today’s game? Be honest. 

Just now, gogzy said:

No.  I would be willing to share the blame if he did something stupid though, as I knew it was a possibility.

It’s always a possibility for any player. Gerrard trusted Morelos not to do it today and he did, clearly this is the straw that’s broke the camels back for Gerrard today tho. 

4 hours ago, hammer93 said:

He should have took this stance after the UFA game....had we failed to qualify that night it would have cost us 8million, let's not kid ourselves on...he may have missed the game today if they had chose to cite him after the killie game...he could easily have been cited after the tims game in December and he has walked a tightrope in every game against the sheep....all big games and he constantly let's us down...he is not fit to wear the jersey regardless of his talent 

A lot of his misdemeanours get overlooked. The 50% or that that get punished during the game or otherwise tends to get supported on here. Sad fact is his discipline has been a major factor in our domestic failures this season.