Gerrard Reaction

SG …..“We have got an advantage at the moment, but we wanted a bigger advantage. There is still work to do next week and I’ll pick a strong team to go and get that job done for us.”

I'll take that to be less than deeply coded language for 'I'm fucking well not pleased with that.   We should have scored more goals and we got out of away gaol jail thanks yet again to McGregor.   The team tonight did not get the job done even though that's what they were picked to do and I'll need to pick a better team next week or we're out'.

If P gets an early goal next week then there could still be a real risk this tie could be lost.    Gerrard in the bushes arguing with Supporters is not where he will want to be.  The side he picks needs to be far more clinical in taking goal scoring chances and with a no-nonsense, no risks defence.     He's in charge of a side that failed to get enough of the job done last night to put the next leg into 'formality' territory.    His players let him down and maybe he let them down with leaving subs until late in the game leaving them little time to make a more telling impact.  

Decent interview. 

He does well to find the right balance with his viewpoint of the game. Would be easy to slate the players for lack of killer pass or being sloppy and giving them at least 2 decent goalscoring opportunities.

However, he needs to keep them motivated and positive but like us he is probably hugely disappointed with performance. 

1 hour ago, Reformation Bear said:

SG …..“We have got an advantage at the moment, but we wanted a bigger advantage. There is still work to do next week and I’ll pick a strong team to go and get that job done for us.”

I'll take that to be less than deeply coded language for 'I'm fucking well not pleased with that.   We should have scored more goals and we got out of away gaol jail thanks yet again to McGregor.   The team tonight did not get the job done even though that's what they were picked to do and I'll need to pick a better team next week or we're out'.

If P gets an early goal next week then there could still be a real risk this tie could be lost.    Gerrard in the bushes arguing with Supporters is not where he will want to be.  The side he picks needs to be far more clinical in taking goal scoring chances and with a no-nonsense, no risks defence.     He's in charge of a side that failed to get enough of the job done last night to put the next leg into 'formality' territory.    His players let him down and maybe he let them down with leaving subs until late in the game leaving them little time to make a more telling impact.  

for fuck sake we played well  could have had 6 goals  we will win over there  why do we always look at the negatives  look at wolves a premier league side they won 2 nil at home to a irish side the 2nd goal in the 93rd minute  it is not always as easy as fans like you think

23 minutes ago, billscott said:

for fuck sake we played well  could have had 6 goals  we will win over there  why do we always look at the negatives  look at wolves a premier league side they won 2 nil at home to a irish side the 2nd goal in the 93rd minute  it is not always as easy as fans like you think

Good as Wolves are, they rarely score many goals so that wasn’t a complete surprise.

Goals they got were at polar opposites of the quality spectrum😂

2 hours ago, Reformation Bear said:

👍

Now you see .... the way fans like you think .... proves to me that you are being totally realistic and  much more in tune with the manager's assessment of the overall tie  .... the fact that SG was clearly not happy we did not finish the tie off was obvious in this interview ..... and your reading between the lines makes it more pertinent with your own personal interpretation of this interview .... with which I agree.

I am glad that is his opinion of the players we now have at our disposal ..... I hope this is his hard line approach going forward into the new season ...... we must not have a repeat of last season where we lost too many games and valuable points due to not finishing off opponents clinically .... yes we played well in a lot of areas last night ...... but if we want to win trophies we have to be much more ruthless .... as all the nice play in the world is just not enough to win the top awards.

:UK:

Just now, Bobby Hume said:

👍

Now you see .... the way fans like you think .... proves to me that you are being totally realistic and  much more in tune with the manager's assessment of the overall tie  .... the fact that SG was clearly not happy we did not finish the tie off was obvious in this interview ..... and your reading between the lines makes it more pertinent with your own personal interpretation of this interview .... with which I agree.

I am glad that is his opinion of the players we now have at our disposal ..... I hope this is his hard line approach going forward into the new season ...... we must not have a repeat of last season where we lost too many games and valuable points due to not finishing off opponents clinically .... yes we played well in a lot of areas last night ...... but if we want to win trophies we have to be ruthless .... as all the nice play in the world is just not enough to win the top awards.

:UK:

I  did say last night we made hard work of disposing of a pub team, it wasn't well received.

2 hours ago, Reformation Bear said:

Don’t think we’ll have a problem over there mate. They have to come out and go for it. Last night I thought Defoe should’ve been on earlier as we needed the proverbial  “fox in the box”  because of the chances.  Needed someone to pull the trigger instead of trying to walk the ball in. 

We were good last night but not clinical enough. Many chance to shoot in final 3rd but the way they were camped in their own box you need to pull the trigger earlier or you run into brick walls. It happened far too much last night. 

Should have been at least 5 and the goals chopped off looked ridiculous at first glance. Rangers tv angles were lacking as well. 

They have to come after it next leg and we will wipe the floor with them when they do. 😀

watp