IF We don't win the league this season , do we still back Stevie Gerrard next season to win the league?

TopCat

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
42 minutes ago, TopCat said:

I don't expect us to finish behind 2nd place but even so I would still back him given his performance in the job till this moment in time.The guy is different class ....... and we wouldn't find/attract better imo.

Why would your opinion on him be based entirely upon his performance up until 20th September 2019 while ignoring everything that happens afterwards? This makes no sense.

It’s a weird one.

His European record is fantastic and as a business the money coming in from qualifying is massive for the club.

The issue i have is that i think his tactics for Europe suits his players but he plays same tactics  in Scotland.

It’s no coincidence that our best performances have been against teams that went toe to toe against us yet the Scottish games (bar Hibs) have been a slog.

18 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

If he has 2 cracks at it and fails just what do you expect to be different in the 3rd year? 

He has spent the last couple of transfer windows attempting to build a squad and I think we would all agree he has done a good job of it with the funds allocated to him bar a couple of exceptions, but for the 3rd year I'd be looking to spend whatever transfer money there is on a couple of quality players, players who would be able to take us up another level.

While I agree that the priority is to stop 10IAR, if the bheasts were to achieve it I would hate to see it as the primary reason to sack Gerrard, while it would depress the fuck out of me as long as there was genuine progress every year then what do we do? start all over again and hand them how many more titles until we eventually win one?, if it wasn't for the fact that 10 is on the horizon I genuinely think Gerrard would have been allowed a little more time to build a side capable of sustaining a prolonged  winning challenge  to future titles.

We're hardly into this season and some are already getting the negativity in.

Imagine if a player came out with 'if we don't win the league ....'

One game at a time and keep getting better. Become consistent winners. I really don't care who the manager is or who plays for us as long as we win the league asap.

4 minutes ago, Dan Deacon said:

If we punt him who would we end up with? Another diddy

Nobody can say that for sure.

We are in a far better position now than we were when we appointed Warburton and Caixinha and as a result we would attract a higher calibre if candidate than we did then IMO.

Why do we constantly speculate about such negative stuff? I’m sure your intentions are decent OP but at this point of the year after a good night for the club....why?

Other folk weighing in...questions will need ton be asked etc, try enjoying following your club ffs. 

5 minutes ago, Smile said:

When it comes down to it we had our best chance last season of winning something he failed, this season he needs to win the league for me.

Ffs mate....’he failed’ he inherited a farce of a squad and we’ve improved significantly in many ways   

l honestly wonder where people think we go next, back in for Del?

Keep gerrard regardless of how the title race pans out this season. I've seen enough of us under him to believe we have improved domestically and in Europe. We would need continuity and familiarty for a title push the following year to stop 10 if we were to lose out this year. So much chopping and changing over the last few years has fucked us, just look at Pedro, stupid money spent on diddies then a whole upheavel again to get us to where we are now.

In Gerrard we trust. 

2 minutes ago, markem said:

Ffs mate....’he failed’ he inherited a farce of a squad and we’ve improved significantly in many ways   

l honestly wonder where people think we go next, back in for Del?

Is that the only manager in the world our options are Gerrard or Derek McInnes. He has to win the league for me this season if you dont agree fair enough but dont try and get me to buy into your shite that the only option open to Rangers would be Derek McInnes. 

How long does he get without winning anything from you?

Tough one really. If we don’t win the league then we sure better take it to the last 2 games minimum and have a cup in the bag or there really isn’t any progress being made.   We can look at things in isolation all we like but the be all and end all is trophies in the cabinet by next may.

if they get 9 I’d be willing to bet stevie would walk anyway- I doubt he’d want to be the Rangers manager while the scum set a new record of title wins and in honesty I didn’t think we’d attract a name the size of Gerrard so who knows who would take the job?

Id hate them to even win this years title never mind make 10in a row.

9 minutes ago, Smile said:

Is that the only manager in the world our options are Gerrard or Derek McInnes. He has to win the league for me this season if you dont agree fair enough but dont try and get me to buy into your shite that the only option open to Rangers would be Derek McInnes. 

How long does he get without winning anything from you?

It’s my opinion we will do well to go forward from what we have, we are attracting a quality of player I’m not convinced we would be if it wasn’t for SG and his team. I’m not saying he has a indefinite period of time but I think there is a far more positive way to look at matters than what I’m seeing on this thread. 

FWIW I have no confidence at all that this board will not be back in the Mcinnes market (not him specifically granted but that level) - a board that nearly replaced Pedro with said Del.

So many only seen happy when moaning, it’s the day after (another) really good win. 

Just now, markem said:

It’s my opinion we will do well to go forward from what we have, we are attracting a quality of player I’m not convinced we would be if it wasn’t for SG and his team. I’m not saying he has a indefinite period of time but I think there is a far more positive way to look at matters than what I’m seeing on this thread. 

FWIW I have no confidence at all that this board will not be back in the Mcinnes market (not him specifically granted but that level)

So many only seen happy when moaning, it’s the day after (another) really good win. 

I hope he wins it all this year but for me he needs to win the league my stance may soften during the season if we win a cup but for me the league at this times a priority.

5 minutes ago, Smile said:

I hope he wins it all this year but for me he needs to win the league my stance may soften during the season if we win a cup but for me the league at this times a priority.

I don’t disagree with you tbf..... I do however think (all things considered) it’s harsh to call him a failure last year and am perplexed about the remarks of many on this thread ‘questions will need to be asked’ etc

Some need to take a moment and enjoy when the going’s good. Less than 24 hours ago was a good night for the club right into....aye but he’s out if he doesn’t win the league. I honestly question some people’s motives.  

Albeit a huge game but we are one match away from a perfect start to the year. 

I'd say it depends on the manner in which we didn't win the league. If it was to be really close run thing that gives us hope for next season then aye we should back him but if the taigs win it at a canter then it's a no from me.

Hopefully it's a pointless question though.

17 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

I'd say it depends on the manner in which we didn't win the league. If it was to be really close run thing that gives us hope for next season then aye we should back him but if the taigs win it at a canter then it's a no from me.

Hopefully it's a pointless question though.

Exactly. If we lost out on goal difference while reaching the semis of the Europa league and winning both cups then obviously not. If we finished 4th and won nothing then obviously yes. Completely pointless question.

Archived