Kamara

jjbscotty12

2 hours ago, GeeSS said:

Yes we might get double for him!!! He is our weak link  give ball away too often and gets caught ball watching and players are continually running off him 

I’ve been critical of him this season but one thing he didn’t do often last night was give the ball away. 

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, GeeSS said:

Yes we might get double for him!!! He is our weak link  give ball away too often and gets caught ball watching and players are continually running off him 

Let’s say for example we paid 50k and got 750k-1m back. That is reasonable, achievable and would be great business. 

He’s a good player who’s having a tough spell but he will come through it, if we are going to play in four competitions we need a squad and he is firmly part of that. 

41 minutes ago, GA1972 said:

Surprised he’s getting criticised for last night, thought it was his best performance this season and for most of the game he played well 

You do wonder at times how people can see a game so differently. I didn't think he did much wrong at all, kept possession away from home against a more than decent team. Most people on here said before the game that porto would be the best team we had played against in years, for a spell of about 20 minutes in the 2nd half our midfield ran the show and Kamara was part of that. I think I read on another thread  someone imply that Davis wasn't great either, it just shows, everyone sees a different game.

54 minutes ago, Leeds_Bear said:

I’ve been critical of him this season but one thing he didn’t do often last night was give the ball away. 

He lost possession about four times in the middle of the park last night and let porto break?  The thing you posted above is passing.

5 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

This place is madness at times, Kamara slated for apparently losing possession often. He may have twice? Even then one time he was surrounded by 4 Porto players and no Rangers player showed for the ball! Kent gave the ball away with bad passing or losing possession much more and gets highly praised.

Kamara had a very good game, really don't get the negative comments over his performance last night personally.

Kamara won possession 14 times last night for us.

Kent plays high risk, high reward stuff.  I agree it doesn’t come off for him often enough but you can see what he’s trying to do and I don’t think he should be slated for it.  He’s been brought in to menace opposition defenders and he certainly does that.  He’s still developing.

Kamara is great at floating around that midfield area passing the ball around and for £50k we’ve got a bargain.  

2 hours ago, Leeds_Bear said:

He lost it once? I don’t remember any others. 

He lost possession three or four times.   Still had a decent game, don’t understand why people can’t just admit when things happen on here.  

3 minutes ago, GOAT said:

He lost possession three or four times.   Still had a decent game, don’t understand why people can’t just admit when things happen on here.  

Its strange on here at times. That performance from the whole team last night was as good away from home as ive seen for many a year. We really did look like a team who are comfortable at that level against a team with a real pedigree. And yet it seems some peoples reaction is to try and identify any failures in the team. Maybe I am too easy pleased but it seems more than harsh to criticise any player from last nights performance . From progress neiderkorn to last night, seems unbelievable really.

Ive been a really harsh critic of his but thought that was his best game this season, wasn't as much fucking about on the ball as there usually is from him and as a result he was able to deliver those passes, the boy's clearly talented and if he can stop spinning in a circle once he recieves the ball and continue with the quick passing we will have a player.

2 hours ago, GOAT said:

I’ll always hold my hands up when wrong, sounds like I am on this occasion. 

I remember him losing it once, which was the one mentioned above when he was surrounded. Sounds like there was another one or two occasions, which I honestly don’t remember. 

The poster I was originally engaging with though was going off on one about him having a shite game, which going by his pass stats and number of times he won the ball back, he didn’t. 

7 hours ago, Leeds_Bear said:

Were these passes when he was facing his own goals ? I thought if he made a forward pass last night he would have had a nosebleed and  totally agree about him getting caught in possession far to often, trying the same move over and over.

34 minutes ago, Zappa6995 said:

Were these passes when he was facing his own goals ? I thought if he made a forward pass last night he would have had a nosebleed and  totally agree about him getting caught in possession far to often, trying the same move over and over.

There are arrows going both ways in both halves, so no, I don't think all of them were. 

8 hours ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Let’s say for example we paid 50k and got 750k-1m back. That is reasonable, achievable and would be great business. 

He’s a good player who’s having a tough spell but he will come through it, if we are going to play in four competitions we need a squad and he is firmly part of that. 

1m for a full International who is probably his countries most effective player that could be at a major finals next year is certainly not good business, He's worth way way more than 1m, 

7 minutes ago, magic8ball said:

1m for a full International who is probably his countries most effective player that could be at a major finals next year is certainly not good business, He's worth way way more than 1m, 

It is if he continues playing at the level he is.

If he returns to the guy from last season we could get a lot more. 

I mentioned in another thread I was shouting at Ojo for fucking up a few times and losing the ball. My new big mate for the night did the same later on.

Thing is Ojo wasn't on the pitch at the time. Turns out it was Kamara we were giving pelters to. So although he had a good game overall he definitely did lose the ball a few times by holding on to it too long.

4 hours ago, Rangers_no1 said:

This place is madness at times, Kamara slated for apparently losing possession often. He may have twice? Even then one time he was surrounded by 4 Porto players and no Rangers player showed for the ball! Kent gave the ball away with bad passing or losing possession much more and gets highly praised.

Kamara had a very good game, really don't get the negative comments over his performance last night personally.

Kamara won possession 14 times last night for us.

He definitely got caught 3 times as I remember doing my nut in....the times he got caught were his own doing as he turned back into danger....that said I agree with you with this place being nuts at times....I bailed out reading the match thread when we lost the goal....the first draught of posts were fucking embarrassing....a game that had nothing between the two teams for 30 odd minutes became "an embarrassment "... "no will to win"...."Gerrard has no game plan"....."we are never scoring tonight ".....I could go on but won't.....it never ceases to amaze me why people don't wait until the game is over as too many times now posters are made to look stupid 

1 minute ago, hammer93 said:

He definitely got caught 3 times as I remember doing my nut in....the times he got caught were his own doing as he turned back into danger....that said I agree with you with this place being nuts at times....I bailed out reading the match thread when we lost the goal....the first draught of posts were fucking embarrassing....a game that had nothing between the two teams for 30 odd minutes became "an embarrassment "... "no will to win"...."Gerrard has no game plan"....."we are never scoring tonight ".....I could go on but won't.....it never ceases to amaze me why people don't wait until the game is over as too many times now posters are made to look stupid 

I wouldn't enjoy the game if I was on the match thread during the game. A quick look at HT then FT for the banter.

2 hours ago, hammer93 said:

This place is nuts, absolutely nuts, when we lose a goal. So much so that I often wonder if we have an infestation! 

Archived