As it stands (Group G)

Virtuoso

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

They aren't shite. Beat Feyenoord tonight and they'll beat Porto too.

They're our biggest threat in this group.

Against us they were garbage and we blew it that night , it was nothing to do with how good they were. We need to stop hyping up these sides , on our game we are easily better than any of them......

Just now, sassaaaa said:

Against us they were garbage and we blew it that night , it was nothing to do with how good they were. We need to stop hyping up these sides , on our game we are easily better than any of them......

They were poor against us but ravaged by injuries as well apparently. They're a very decent side, won 2 out of 2 at home in the group so far and they were unlucky not to take something of Porto away as well by the looks of things.

Seems to be quite a common theme on here that we write off teams just because they aren't the most glamorous in the competition. I actually thought Young Boys looked better against us than Porto did tonight.

Just now, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

They were poor against us but ravaged by injuries as well apparently. They're a very decent side, won 2 out of 2 at home in the group so far and they were unlucky not to take something of Porto away as well by the looks of things.

Seems to be quite a common theme on here that we write off teams just because they aren't the most glamorous in the competition. I actually thought Young Boys looked better against us than Porto did tonight.

All about opinions but so far I dont think any team we have played have really looked a quality side.........

Felt the same this time last year and look how that turned out!

a draw is a good result but means nothing if we can’t make it count in the long run. Our 2 home games will be 2 totally different games in that Porto will still come and try to play and young boys will be exactly like the last game- very similar side to progres in that they are a stuffy team and well drilled.   
away in Rotterdam will be harder than some think.  They beat Porto 2-0 there and I’d expect them to beat young boys at home aswell.   

1 minute ago, Ivybank said:

How can we look so good in Europe, yet garbage against hearts ,st mirren, livi( cup game) defies logic🙄

St Mirren played really, really well. Set out to frustrate and block from the first minute - and kept it going for 90 mins. Games against us are their cup final.

Based on what I’ve seen so far we’re the best team in this group as far as I’m concerned 

3 teams we’ve played who were very neat and tidy on the ball but had little cutting edge in the final third. 2 wins at Ibrox would surely see us through. I fancy us in Rotterdam but anything we do there is a bonus 

When the draw was made everyone on here would’ve taken 4 points from the first 3 games considering two were away.  We’ve set ourselves up nicely.

We’ve got two of our remaining games at home and sure as fuck we can go to Feyenoord and get something from that game too.  

If we reach the knockout stages it’ll be phenomenal.

20 minutes ago, Gary185 said:

Is there a benefit to coming first in the group rather than second 

is the away game first or something if you come first ?

If you come first you’ll likely get a second placed team but you can get one of the 4 lowest ranked 3rd places teams from the champions league 

12 minutes ago, GA1972 said:

If you come first you’ll likely get a second placed team but you can get one of the 4 lowest ranked 3rd places teams from the champions league 

so it been at home or away first is just random ?

2 hours ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

With the £££££ and players we had in the 90s, we were fucking diabolically embarrassing in Europe.

Apart from 1992/93.

That was the greatest Gers side that I have ever seen.

And I was only 18.

What fucking memories 

Aside from 92/93 the only decent results were the draws against Dortmund and the away win v Vladikavkaz. We should always have beaten Grasshopper at home.

I was very young but I’ve watched all those games back and the worst we played was Anorthosis at home. We were abysmal despite the result.

2 hours ago, SkylineBlue said:

Neither Porto or Young Boys did anything that made me think we can't beat both of them at home. We can definitely take 6 points from them if we turn up on the night. Porto will shite themselves and their team will have a nervous breakdown when they see a full stadium.

A packed ibrox on a European night when everyone is up for it is enough to make any footballer shite themselves. 

Archived