Docherty/King

CoatbridgeBear

Also with the likes of Brighton, Leeds and Crystal Palace watching Kamara and the reported figure being between £8 million - £10 million it makes me think that Andy King will start getting some more game time from January onwards if Kamara goes. Personally I think Kamara will be soldin January if we get anything near the reported figure for him.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Docherty appears to have been a poor signing. Barely kicked a ball for us, with little prospect of that changing. Apparently bomber brown scouted? Great effort there. 

King makes more sense, experienced cover if we were hit with injuries. Its a long season there's still plenty of time for him to make an impact. 

48 minutes ago, CoatbridgeBear said:

What is the point in them both being here? If we weren’t going to use Docherty we should’ve sold him in the summer when his stock was relatively high after a good season at Shrewsbury. King also seems like the most pointless signing since Andy Firth. 

King will appear in one of the celtic games coming up to Confuse them

Docherty is an odd one, did well on loan last season, we looked at him in pre-season and decided he'd be part of the first team plans this season, played a couple of the early Europa League qualifiers, got 3 assists in one of those games, and then never seen again, even on the bench. Baffling. 

He absolutely shouldn't be starting ahead of Davis, Jack, Kamara and Aribo but to not even had a sniff of rotation or even a bench appearance is very strange. 

58 minutes ago, CoatbridgeBear said:

What is the point in them both being here? If we weren’t going to use Docherty we should’ve sold him in the summer when his stock was relatively high after a good season at Shrewsbury. King also seems like the most pointless signing since Andy Firth.

Thought Docherty should have been used a few times this season and for whatever reason he wasn't given a chance. Pointless the boy staying at the club. King was another baffling signing........

3 minutes ago, Ivybank said:

Add barker and Stewart to that list

Stewart definitely has a role to play this season, as witnessed in the Hamilton and Aberdeen games at Ibrox. He's got more than enough about him to contribute with assists and goals in the easier SPL games plus earlier round Scottish Cups ties when the other forwards need resting in between European nights and tougher domestic games. Any squad competing in several tournaments needs players like Stewart.

1 hour ago, Blueteeth said:

I thought we would have seen a bit more from King by now so find that a little strange. I know he's here because he's an EPL winner and will give experience to the squad and maybe help the younger players but it doesn't make sense to get him in just for that reason alone.

Maybe Gerrard isn't impressed by his playing abilities.

When you are paying virtually nothing, it's worth just having his experience around

I was really excited to see what King had to offer but with the way Davis/Jack/Kamara/and Aribo are playing, what is the manager to do? We have been quite lucky that any injuries so far have not been long-term. I think 2 or 3 may find new clubs in January. 

1 hour ago, Broxi said:

Docherty is an odd one, did well on loan last season, we looked at him in pre-season and decided he'd be part of the first team plans this season, played a couple of the early Europa League qualifiers, got 3 assists in one of those games, and then never seen again, even on the bench. Baffling. 

He absolutely shouldn't be starting ahead of Davis, Jack, Kamara and Aribo but to not even had a sniff of rotation or even a bench appearance is very strange. 

I don't think that's the case, Gerrard told him he was free to go. 

I thought King would be a good signing and was brought in basically on a years 'trial' before signing him on a Bosman. But doesn't look that way now and he's essentially sixth choice in the middle of the park behind Jack, Davis, Kamara, Aribo and Arfield. And arguably even Kent as central attacking option.

Docherty is about as far away from the first team as I am. A shame for the lad given that Gerrard was supposedly in regular contact with him when he was away on loan, but for the sake of his career it's time to move on.

2 hours ago, bluenoz said:

I was really excited to see what King had to offer but with the way Davis/Jack/Kamara/and Aribo are playing, what is the manager to do? We have been quite lucky that any injuries so far have not been long-term. I think 2 or 3 may find new clubs in January. 

Those 4 are our central midfield.  It shows how poor Arfield has been this season that he isn’t even mentioned.  This time last season the only creativity coming out of our central midfield was from him.  

3 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

Can he fill in at RB or LB?

Two positions Gerrard seems to be blind to in terms of needing cover 

Why do we need cover at right back, tav could be declared legally dead by the world's finest doctors and he'd still be the first name on the teamsheet lol

Archived