Who do the Glasgow Hindus, Muslims, Sikhs and Jews support?

The Widow's Son

You see a good few Sikhs at Old Trafford close to the team areas, cheering on their team.  I haven't been in Glasgow for a good few years and didn't notice when I paid a visit.  Do we have many Scottish-Asian fans?  I did see a video once with a Scottish Muslim who had been banned from attending Ibrox games (name is forgotten) but don't recall much else.  A friend once told me of the Avi Cohen Loyal RSC but perhaps he was pulling my leg.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Abdul is not a Muslim, he's a fucking idiot who is a total embarrassment to our support. 

Obviously massively generalising here but I think it's fair to say that the majority of Glasgow Sikh's support Rangers and Muslim's support them.

Never met anyone of Jewish descent who follows the filth for obvious reasons. 

13 minutes ago, BEE said:

Abdul is not a Muslim, he's a fucking idiot who is a total embarrassment to our support. 

Obviously massively generalising here but I think it's fair to say that the majority of Glasgow Sikh's support Rangers and Muslim's support them.

Never met anyone of Jewish descent who follows the filth for obvious reasons. 

That would make sense. 

sikhs are famous for their warriors in the British army who we obviously support.

jews as you said obvious reasons due to celtics anti Semitism towards Israel. 

muslims I’d say are a mix, I know more Muslim Rangers fans than celtic, but I’m sure a celtic fan would know more Muslims tims than Rangers ones. 

1 hour ago, LewisWATP said:

That would make sense. 

sikhs are famous for their warriors in the British army who we obviously support.

jews as you said obvious reasons due to celtics anti Semitism towards Israel. 

muslims I’d say are a mix, I know more Muslim Rangers fans than celtic, but I’m sure a celtic fan would know more Muslims tims than Rangers ones. 

Would say it's much deeper than that and involves their support of the Vatican - an organisation who collaborated with the Nazis and helped facilitate parts of the Holocaust 

Know of a few Sikhs and Muslims who got sent to Catholic schools in the West of Scotland, think there's something going on where they get their own religious instruction in there instead of the Catholic shite. All of these people support them.

Having said that I've got two good friends who are Sikhs and good bears, went to non-denominational schools.

It's all about the schools.

4 hours ago, theblueoysterbar said:

Know of a few Sikhs and Muslims who got sent to Catholic schools in the West of Scotland, think there's something going on where they get their own religious instruction in there instead of the Catholic shite. All of these people support them.

Having said that I've got two good friends who are Sikhs and good bears, went to non-denominational schools.

And the votes when they are older .

1 hour ago, Gaffbear said:

Most hindus and Sikhs ive met are Bears ..although they do love their cricket....Only met a few Muslim Bears but again they love their cricket.

Happened to be in Sharjah one time when Hindu India were playing Muslim Pakistan, fuck me, you think Rangers vs the Tarriers is bad, the hatred there is on another level.    Was nice to see cricket hooligans in action.

3 hours ago, scottyscott1963 said:

Not enough glory hunters,like the ones who attend Old Trafford to make a financial difference to us.

They've had those seats for many years, not even close to glory hunters. They are Mancunians supporting their local team. A bit like Satty Singh and his boys.

I'm sure there were plenty that called Rangers fans glory hunters before recent events, its lazy and unwarranted in the case of most match going fans. 

Rangers and United were the only clubs that kept their attendances at the same level when they played in lower divisions. Very few glory hunters in comparison to the hardcore supporters. You need to look at other clubs for glory hunters I could name at least two in the EPL with plenty of evidence (you wont like the name of either I guess?). 

3 hours ago, scottyscott1963 said:

Not enough glory hunters,like the ones who attend Old Trafford to make a financial difference to us.

I love this though, for years here in oz all I’ve heard is “ yeah mate I’m a massive Man U fan”. Now that Man U are shit it fucking glorious to watch these bawbags squirm!!

1 hour ago, kelvd1873 said:

I love this though, for years here in oz all I’ve heard is “ yeah mate I’m a massive Man U fan”. Now that Man U are shit it fucking glorious to watch these bawbags squirm!!

Going to start with the tartan tramp ((rod fuckin StuArt) who dropped Man U like a fuckin hoat tottie.
The glory hunting cunts never went to support Man U in big numbers till around 2000. 
Then mention snaw affa dyke when we were tearing the tramps a new fuckin erchie (which seemed to happen quite a lot) they never had any celebrity fans,all of a sudden they got some semblance of stability under one of the biggest bitter papes in M'ON outside of tlb and all of a sudden we had busloads of the manky bastards slither onto the scene claiming a life times love affair watching the paedos.
Fuckin glory hunting bastards.  

13 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Sikhs/Hindus are split between Rangers and celtic. Most Muslims support celtic. 

There's a perception amongst Scottish Asians that Rangers fans are racist. I've posted about this multiple times. 

Wherever do they get that from?  :unsure:

7 hours ago, theblueoysterbar said:

Not completely true.  I'm a Muslim who went to a Catholic school (only school near my home at the time) but I've always supported Rangers.  My cousins support Rangers too but I know some people who went to non-denominational schools and support them.

I think they're are lots of factors and school is only one of them.  I liked Rangers players like Laudrup while growing up so supported Rangers even though it meant I got some stick for it at school.

Archived