Brandon barker

skinnymate1690

2 hours ago, left winger said:

What is Rangers class?

For me it is a player with game changing quality, and a bit of grit. Hate to say it, but likes of Naismith when he was at us previously is exactly what we need there. 

These powderpuff, no quality shitebags we have aren’t doing it. 

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

Hastie is rotten as well.

Need a proper quality player in that position. Don’t think Stewart is the answer, Jones might be - the rest are dug shite. 

I agree we need a quality right winger but I doubt Barker is better than Hastie and Middleton.  Barker has pace but not much else.

I miss Daniel Candeias ..... we have been weak as fuck on the right wing since he left ..... can't do much about it now .... but any replacement we have has not shown us the return we expected ..... other than Stewart ... who seems to be way down the line in choice .... I now feel he needs to be given at least a chance over the others ..... as it's obvious we need to change the pecking order or what's the good of signing him and giving so little playing time...... some strange signings right enough this season ..... I hope gets a run now.

:UK:

11 minutes ago, Bobby Hume said:

I miss Daniel Candeias ..... we have been weak as fuck on the right wing since he left ..... can't do much about it now .... but any replacement we have has not shown us the return we expected ..... other than Stewart ... who seems to be way down the line in choice .... I now feel he needs to be given at least a chance over the others ..... as it's obvious we need to change the pecking order or what's the good of signing him and giving so little playing time...... some strange signings right enough this season ..... I hope gets a run now.

:UK:

Far too many on here banging on about Candeias. He was bang average. Couldn't beat a man and couldn't beat the first man with a ball in either. Only thing I couldn't fault was his work rate, that alone isn't enough though. 

2 hours ago, JackAlex93 said:

Far too many on here banging on about Candeias. He was bang average. Couldn't beat a man and couldn't beat the first man with a ball in either. Only thing I couldn't fault was his work rate, that alone isn't enough though. 

I learned many years ago that one of the main attributes required to be a Rangers player was what DC had in abundance  ...... what I was implying was that the players who have come in to replace him have about the same skills as him .... but sadly lack the work rate he had in abundance that would fill the position to our favour ..... time to start Stewart as the others who have filled DC's spot on the right hand side have failed miserably and been found out to be sadly lacking in a very important attribute ..... hard graft .... as whatever skills they do have at their disposal are  also obviously  blatantly .... not enough though.

So far from banging on about your dislike of DC .... come up with a solution that would improve the lack of power down our right flank.

🇬🇧

Barker seems to have been signed on the basis that he once destroyed Trent Alexander Arnold in a youth game getting on for half a decade ago.

Regarding his supposed pace, I'm not sure I'm seeing that at all. Seemed far quicker in that game he came on against us a couple of years ago from what I remember.

Face facts we have around 10 average wingers with few youth flung in... no idea what mark Allen  n Gerrard were doing, crazy giving likes of Barker 3 year deals, injury prone too. Should be a year deal with add ons if do well. We need to encourage to fight for contracts, not hand them out like sweetie.

Still cannot get over what we have done to Middleton, brought in 4 average players along with Murphy to get back fit. Squads well n truly filled with average players after around 14 first picks...

Barker should never have been signed.  A complete waste of wages for a 3 year period.    Sadly we have a number of misfits with us at present at a significant cost.    Along with Barker we have Jamie Murphy, Andy King, Eros Grezda, Matt Polster who are unlikely to feature for us.       

13 hours ago, JackAlex93 said:

We don’t miss Candeias specifically it’s just actually having a right winger that isn’t a spineless coward we miss

Candeias was like Barker and Ojo a limited footballer but he at least tried and put himself about which really shouldn’t be something that’s hard to replace 

Archived