Corruption in the game?

Thermopylae

I have a friend who's an ex-referee and I've never known him to criticise referees in any way so I was pretty surprised last week when he said to me that he thinks there is corruption in Scottish football now and that the current crop of whistlers know it will help their careers if they show the correct bias.

I suppose given how long we were in the lower leagues and had the likes of charles green at the helm it would be more of a surprise if the soap dodgers hadn't moved to improve their position in the game  and there's no doubt that little helping hand they seem to get most weeks now may just be enough to let them coast home

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/51351648

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Folk don't like to hear the words corruption or conspiracy used, yet many of the same folk do accept cheating, bias, preferential treatment being used to describe refs. Strange but true.

For me, its widespread, regular, repeated, blatant, consistent in its execution (wrong decisions against us / wrong decisions for the beggars), and its facilitated by an organisation which prefers to reward rather than punish refs for it. Plus the whole overseeing and retrospective action processes are insular, secretive and offers no transparency.  They police themselves and fulfil the judge, jury, executioner roles for all disciplinary matters. A law into themselves.

So it's not just the refs that are corrupt its the whole shebang. Corrupt to the core and getting away with it. 

15 minutes ago, Blumhoilann said:

As we all seen yesterday,it's not only bias against us now,any team THEY play are at a serious disadvantage before a ball is kicked.

Time the other teams ended their silence on this.

Couldn’t agree more, astounded no other club speaks up. If there is any doubt they believe this you only have to look at Stewart Milnes parting comments about Lawell having accumulated an unhealthy level of power in our game. He actually reminded me of a nervous schoolboy saying something, knowing he’ll be reprimanded for, pathetic...

39 minutes ago, Blumhoilann said:

I honestly don't doubt it,they don't even try to hide it anymore.

Pity Milne didn't have the baws to speak out when he was involved in the game 😞

Apologies, missed this post prior to having my own rant about Milne👍...

It obvious. The media are compliant in it too. 

If a referee gives a big decision against them he'll be hounded in the media for weeks, they'll be doing background checks on him and he'll most likely end up in the lower league's.

But if he gives an big decision in their favour it'll be mainly glossed over or rhe usual suspects will be out in the media with tbeir usual excuses.

On Sunday tbere was two big calls to be made. For the sending off there was some contact with his arms but no pulling of the jersey, it was a harsh sending off.

The stamp was the other big call, it was pretty blatant, but he gives him the benefit of the doubt.

Two big calls, both favour the one team. It happens most weeks. It's been happening for years. Big calls in cup finals against us, the sheep and Motherwell too.

When was the last big call in an important game that went against them?

We should be in liaison with other clubs who have been effected, compile evidence and present it to the SFA for an explanation.

Refs are far more punitive in calls against Rangers players  than celtic players.

When the evidence is there for all to see why try to  delude,deflect and deny.

There has to be a tipping point in all of this.

If it was the other way around Liewell ,Lennon and celtic fc would be screaming foul and demanding action .

At the very least the officiating body for refs has to respond to the head of steam building up before the roof is blown off and the  credibility of the game up here is put at serious risk.

Claims of corruption and bias backed up by video evidence and clear inaction by the compliance and governing body is simply and totally unacceptable.

As for the media up here..there are a complete waste of space in not  calling this out and demanding an overhaul.

Unconscious bias for me.

They’ve played the down trodden and victim for so many years, grumbled and groaned over every small decision which goes against them - it’s helped build an unconscious bias for many referees.

I’d be surprised if any refs are deliberately cheating but there is certainly bias there. 

Other than Clancy of course.

1 hour ago, Thermopylae said:

I have a friend who's an ex-referee and I've never known him to criticise referees in any way so I was pretty surprised last week when he said to me that he thinks there is corruption in Scottish football now and that the current crop of whistlers know it will help their careers if they show the correct bias.

I suppose given how long we were in the lower leagues and had the likes of charles green at the helm it would be more of a surprise if the soap dodgers hadn't moved to improve their position in the game  and there's no doubt that little helping hand they seem to get most weeks now may just be enough to let them coast home

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/51351648

Hadn't seen that.  It's a fucking shocker.  Morelos would be sine die'd for that.

36 minutes ago, Blumhoilann said:

As we all seen yesterday,it's not only bias against us now,any team THEY play are at a serious disadvantage before a ball is kicked.

Time the other teams ended their silence on this.

Honestly can't believe other clubs continue to let what is a clear bias pass.  It's if they have just accepted lawell and co get what they want. 

Maybe time for Rangers to communicate with others and go on the attack against the sfa. No shortage of examples to use. 

2 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

Honestly can't believe other clubs continue to let what is a clear bias pass.  It's if they have just accepted lawell and co get what they want. 

Maybe time for Rangers to communicate with others and go on the attack against the sfa. No shortage of examples to use. 

To be fair, Brian Rice did react. However, he is not exactly in a position to rant and rave.

59 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Folk don't like to hear the words corruption or conspiracy used, yet many of the same folk do accept cheating, bias, preferential treatment being used to describe refs. Strange but true.

For me, its widespread, regular, repeated, blatant, consistent in its execution (wrong decisions against us / wrong decisions for the beggars), and its facilitated by an organisation which prefers to reward rather than punish refs for it. Plus the whole overseeing and retrospective action processes are insular, secretive and offers no transparency.  They police themselves and fulfil the judge, jury, executioner roles for all disciplinary matters. A law into themselves.

So it's not just the refs that are corrupt its the whole shebang. Corrupt to the core and getting away with it. 

Iv'e seen posters on here have a go at people like you and me , calling us paranoid and all sorts , then within the same day . The same posters are repping up their mates, for saying much the same things as we do. Complete hypocrites 

14 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

I think there are people, that want to go on the attack within the walls at  Ibrox . Yet a certain  overruling faction ,puts the kibosh on it .Hence we have the club issuing a statement and not following it up .

It is the one area we have been disgraceful on , for the last 5/6 years  at the very least 

Just saw the stamp by the cunt Griffiths yesterday, can you imagine Alfredo getting a yellow for that AND can you imagine the media outrage had he committed a similar act.   Hounded in our own country and afraid to fight back.

Just read Stewart said it was accidental and sadly our ' voice' on sportscene is a weak wallopper. 

Going against the grain here but I'd have been pissed off if Morelos had been sent off for that.

The Hamilton player does have hold of his foot for a split second which throws him off balance and yeah he could have tried to plant his leg somewhere else but that would have been a fairly soft red.

For me, Brown being allowed to do the fuck what he wants and basically referee games himself is the bigger issue that if not outright corruption certainly points to the scum having too much power. Too many examples to cover them all, but to take even the 'phantom' yellow card in the OF game, the cunt was brandishing his imaginary yellow in the ref's face demanding Katic to be booked and should have had a yellow himself for that alone never mind the red for the elbow on Tav in the lead up.

3 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Just saw the stamp by the cunt Griffiths yesterday, can you imagine Alfredo getting a yellow for that AND can you imagine the media outrage had he committed a similar act.   Hounded in our own country and afraid to fight back.

Just read Stewart said it was accidental and sadly our ' voice' on sportscene is a weak wallopper. 

Stewart said there was no force so it’s a yellow, there was no force when Buff accidentally put his foot on that big sheepshaggers baws but Stewart was screaming for a ban then. 

1 minute ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Going against the grain here but I'd have been pissed off if Morelos had been sent off for that.

The Hamilton player does have hold of his foot for a split second which throws him off balance and yeah he could have tried to plant his leg somewhere else but that would have been a fairly soft red.

For me, Brown being allowed to do the fuck what he wants and basically referee games himself is the bigger issue that if not outright corruption certainly points to the scum having too much power. Too many examples to cover them all, but to take even the 'phantom' yellow card in the OF game, the cunt was brandishing his imaginary yellow in the ref's face demanding Katic to be booked and should have had a yellow himself for that alone never mind the red for the elbow on Tav in the lead up.

You just know that Buff would’ve been sent off for that. 

41 minutes ago, five stars said:

It obvious. The media are compliant in it too. 

If a referee gives a big decision against them he'll be hounded in the media for weeks, they'll be doing background checks on him and he'll most likely end up in the lower league's.

But if he gives an big decision in their favour it'll be mainly glossed over or rhe usual suspects will be out in the media with tbeir usual excuses.

On Sunday tbere was two big calls to be made. For the sending off there was some contact with his arms but no pulling of the jersey, it was a harsh sending off.

The stamp was the other big call, it was pretty blatant, but he gives him the benefit of the doubt.

Two big calls, both favour the one team. It happens most weeks. It's been happening for years. Big calls in cup finals against us, the sheep and Motherwell too.

When was the last big call in an important game that went against them?

We should be in liaison with other clubs who have been effected compile evidence and present it to the SFA for an explanation.d,

THIS but it would be pointless as the SFA are part of the prob,straight to UEFA imo 😉

Archived