Gerrard on the brink

Mor3los_1

A big problem now is that the fans have turned and there is not really anything that can be done to win them back until next season. Good performances in the league now mean fuck all and everyone knows that. We started playing great football when the pressure was off last season and everyone took it as a positive sign, but that wont happen now. 

The whole thing is just a mess and its heartbreaking. I'd have absolutely loved to see Gerrard lift silverware for us. 

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

I'll say it again I love the man.

The only way he's got a chance of success is if he comes out and explain what's happening because right now this squad are not throwing but launching him under a bus.

Only way to regain the trust and support as far as i’m concerned. 

27 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

This. Why would you quit when still in Europe and 3 quarter through a season? Whose employing him after that?

Because in his words they have had 6 attempts to win a trophy and they have failed and still putting in performances we did before he was appointed. 
He is responsible for that he said. 

3 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

A 433 against Hearts is the same 433 against Hearts though, that’s my point. Same players weren’t up for it then or the night. So he canny be shocked at all.

I agree, but after Braga I suppose he's entitled to hope/believe that the players might have either learned something after the last game Hearts game or might show us something that resembles the form we showed in the first half of the season. (I realise we also dropped points during that part of the season at Tynecastle too.)

Those results should really have been catalysts for improved belief but there's been nothing. I imagine that's probably part of what's left him so sickened by that performance. 

2 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

I'll say it again I love the man.

The only way he's got a chance of success is if he comes out and explain what's happening because right now this squad are not throwing but launching him under a bus.

There isn't 1 big reason as much as cunts want to find one to excuse Gerrard...most logical reasons why he's failed:

• He's been found out tactically due to his lack of experience as a manager, teams know how to beat us now
  • The players he's bought aren't good enough to play the way he wants to play & crumble when under any sustained pressure
  • We've played since July last year & look absolutely dead on our feet by this point in the season (yet again)
  • Him flinging individual players under the bus nearly every week for 2 months is coming back to bite him on the arse
  • He's too stubborn to change it

I believe there is something going on with him & Morelos, think that's been going on for a long time but only flares up when the team/Morelos are playing bad, his disciplinary record has pissed Gerrard off since he came in but that's no excuse for the rest of the team falling apart under his watch.

1 minute ago, McKissock said:

I agree, but after Braga I suppose he's entitled to hope/believe that the players might have either learned something after the last game Hearts game or might show us something that resembles the form we showed in the first half of the season. (I realise we also dropped points during that part of the season at Tynecastle too.)

Those results should really have been catalysts for improved belief but there's been nothing. I imagine that's probably part of what's left him so sickened by that performance. 

That’s a fair point but it worked in the fact we beat them 3-2 then the same players that were shite that night were shite in the same formation and weren’t up for it against St Johnstone.

13 minutes ago, pcbear said:

If he fucks off then a failed Hibs and Bolton manager will have done him, what are you made of Stevie? chucking it in any walk of life is the easy get out.

When the going gets tough the tough get going.

Unfortunately he might be tough but his players are chickenshit scared gutless wonders. 

Just now, Valance1690 said:

There isn't 1 big reason as much as cunts want to find one to excuse Gerrard...most logical reasons why he's failed:

• He's been found out tactically due to his lack of experience as a manager, teams know how to beat us now
  • The players he's bought aren't good enough to play the way he wants to play & crumble when under any sustained pressure
  • We've played since July last year & look absolutely dead on our feet by this point in the season (yet again)
  • Him flinging individual players under the bus nearly every week for 2 months is coming back to bite him on the arse
  • He's too stubborn to change it

I believe there is something going on with him & Morelos, think that's been going on for a long time but only flares up when the team/Morelos are playing bad, his disciplinary record has pissed Gerrard off since he came in but that's no excuse for the rest of the team falling apart under his watch.

True, forgot to mention his treatment of certain  especially Jones , a winger with pace(which we don't have) coming on in the last 2 domestic games could have made the difference who knows?  Seems to sign players then shows his dislike for them

7 minutes ago, Laudrup1984 said:

Honestly, I dunno mate. I guess not many of our players, if any get pass marks since January. There's an argument to pretty much drop every player. But where do you start and where do you end? How long do you give a player to play their way out of form. You could be planning on dropping a player or players then you see the Braga performances and you think, oh hold maybe they're back. 

Today, most people won't agree but I do think we have a strong first 11 (probably even a solid 15/16). I think we have good players so i'm genuinely at a bit of loss to some of our poor performances. Most people on here get it wrong, myself included.  Tav was out, we miss him. We're better with him in the team. Borna was out. We need him and Tav together then we'll be better. Play Katic, play Edmundson, we're missing Davis (cup final), we need Morelos, play Stewart, Hagi will be that creative spark, Jack will save us, Goldson is our best defender, Kent will make the difference. I could go on. And it applies to all players. BUT I still think they are good players. I'm sure Gerrard does too. It's fucking infuriating. You then have the dilemma do I play out of form players, hoping they click or do I bring in Polster, Jones, Kennedy, McPake, Docherty, Patterson, Halliday, McCrorie etc. Some fans will say yes. For the most part I would say not. Seen someone on Twitter mention McCrorie though. Tonight's game was probably ideal for his style of play.

Good post tbh, canny really argue with it but he’s got to at least try other options especially some youth.

4 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

A 433 against Hearts is the same 433 against Hearts though, that’s my point. Same players weren’t up for it then or the night. So he canny be shocked at all.

Trust me bro it wisnae the night.....we were out fought and out battled a month ago so he changed tactics and tried to play from deep to spring their high press.....it was still an epic fail

15 minutes ago, pcbear said:

If he fucks off then a failed Hibs and Bolton manager will have done him, what are you made of Stevie? chucking it in any walk of life is the easy get out.

When the going gets tough the tough get going.

Has he not already done him? 12 points going on 20 in the league, one cup in the bag & another all but secured?!

3 minutes ago, Ivybank said:

True, forgot to mention his treatment of certain  especially Jones , a winger with pace(which we don't have) coming on in the last 2 domestic games could have made the difference who knows?  Seems to sign players then shows his dislike for them

Unfortunately signing players like Jones is part of the problem. 
Jones even on his best day should never be near a Rangers jersey and that is part of the problem. 

4 minutes ago, Ivybank said:

Always found that strange, never wanted Jones/Stewart etc personally but Gerrard signed them so their his failures.

Only 1 signing last summer I actually wanted was Kent, thought we overpaid at the time but was still wanting him, even that's not worked out for him.

The same mistakes have happened 2 seasons in a row now & its unforgivable, think Gerrard knows that himself 

5 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Unfortunately signing players like Jones is part of the problem. 
Jones even on his best day should never be near a Rangers jersey and that is part of the problem. 

Jones was clearly a Mark Allan signing 

Either Gerrard and his backroom team goes or the squad goes. We all know which one is easier to do. Would he walk away? I dont know but this game has signalled the end of this relationship one way or another.

The entire squad should have a good hard look at themselves. Let us all down.

48 minutes ago, Tak3rNo1 said:

this is worrying

Honestly not worried.  If he stays then we all hope it works out...if he goes then that’s a shame the great experiment didn’t work - as ever we continue supporting Rangers whatever happens.  It’s not on our hands so there’s no point worrying. 

Archived