Football Next Season - Will there be any?

Blue Avenger

1 minute ago, jintybear said:

It’s a mess and as you say people are forgetting that businesses need to get back up and running in order to survive and that very much includes football clubs.

Football aside I can see our mortgages and taxes going through the roof to pay for all this furlough.

Can’t see mortgages going anywhere but cheaper hopefully Jinty. Whether folk have a job to pay them is another matter. 
The rich and big companies have to step up to the plate on this, shareholders need to be told the dividends will be on the small side for a few years. 
Never going to happen but one can dream. 

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Old No7. said:

If they keep the social distancing as part of long term recovery, you would need to leave min 4  seats between each person at Ibrox.

I sit one in from the end of the row so need to let whole row squeeze past me so really could only have 2 to a row in between staircases to avoid that. Lucky if we get 1000 people in each game.

We’ll need to get back to work in reasonable quantities within a month to 6 weeks, or there’ll be not much worth going back to (IMO).

Getting out & mixing again may well assist the development of herd immunity.

If it works, it may well mean we can ditch social distancing quicker than the 18 months predicted for development of a vaccine. (As an aside- if science is so fucking clever, why will it take them so fucking  long?)

Which may mean business as close to usual as we’re going to get.

The other issue is how this affects us all in terms of our willingness to get back out there & be comfortable congregating in crowds again.

I think anybody paying for a season ticket in the immediate future shouldn’t expect to see a lot of football - they’ll simply be making a donation.

I think their will be tough times ahead, because the money just isn't there and this virus just adds insult to injury.

A new business model for the Scottish game needed, but need to get rid of those corrupt incompetent bastards that run it.

As far as we go, we will always dig deep to help the club if need be. Cant say the same for others.

The fact of the matter is that none of us really know  - we are in unchartered territory.  Even the so called experts don't really know at this stage. 

My guess is that we certainly won't be back at Ibrox until well into 2021.

And that has huge consequences. 

Just now, bluenoz said:

This virus came in fast and I believe it will end the same way. I'm still optimistic for around August/September.

I’ve a (Probably forlorn) hope it’ll be like a War of the Worlds and it’ll die out, just like that.

Hopefully the tarriers will be made to play out for the title they’re on the verge of being gifted, giving us the chance to prove the ‘game in hand, two games v them’ theory.....

13 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

This virus came in fast and I believe it will end the same way. I'm still optimistic for around August/September.

UEFA has re-scheduled us to play Bayer on Aug 16.

My head keeps saying the opposite, but by fuck I keep hoping it will end the way you say.

4 hours ago, GersInCanada said:

No public gatherings before a vaccine is found is the government position.

Behind closed doors maybe but it just takes one player to test positive and his club goes into isolation.

With permission to allow RTV to stream all matches (not just abroad but in the UK) then the club can sell  ST equivalents for the UK even if all is behind closed doors.

The vaccine when it is eventually made and tested will not cure a virus. It is a preventative measure which hopes to lessen the chances of contracting the virus or lessening the effects if contracted. We have vaccines for many strains of flu at the moment and these take months to take effect and are given to elderly and the high risk categories. They may be effective but a lot of the time it depends on the strains and whether the vaccine ‘recipe’ matches the virus or even if there is a strong virus at all in the early months of the year.

This one is a different virus , it is a killer which mutates quickly and I do not have high hopes that it will disappear anytime soon and have no confidence that a medical miracle will appear within a year.

58 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Listening to Sturgeon and snyde there, I doubt there will be football for a long time, not even BCD.

The focus now switches to survval as in how do clubs survive for six to seven months minimm without any income?

I would say 75% of SPFL clubs will go to the wall. We might just be left with one league.

21 hours ago, MorelosRangers said:

I've just seen in Denmark a team is opening up a 10,000 space car park and allowing 2000 cars in to watch the game on big screens outside the stadium.

I remember years ago there was a thread about watching games in cars at Ibrox 😂 it could come true in the Albion

Her Majesty always wanted  to visit Ibrox for a game, even bought her own wee car.

review-of-the-year-2017-april-queen-eliz

21 hours ago, Blue Avenger said:

Why can't one of those scientist cunts just come up with a virus that just does for taigs?  A bit of DNA research on their geanology, many problems sorted. 

That’s what I want to see next to their names on the news.

Professor Chris Whitty - Scientist Cunt

14 minutes ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

Of course, all clubs will be allowed to start up again without any penalties,  and keep all honours and history intact.

Was actually about to say that.

Well, unless we are one of them, in which case there will be a special resolution just for us, to demote us to the juniors if they vote take us in, otherwise we go amateur.

My own opinion - I doubt if anything meaningful will happen in 2020 at all. To allow stadia full of thousands of people until there are zero new cases never mind deaths would be utter madness.

This thing is going to change the way we live our lives forever. We will think about things differently, act differently and everyone will be very suspicious of anyone with a cough for many years to come.

On 19/04/2020 at 20:12, peter huistra said:

Should bring back the indoor soccer like they had years ago Tennant sixes I think it was called , would be far better than empty stadiums. 

How is indoor football in an empty arena any better than  in an empty stadium?    Don't know about anyone else but I've never been a fan of 5 or 6 a-side unless I'm playing.

2 hours ago, East Enclosure Row N said:

My own opinion - I doubt if anything meaningful will happen in 2020 at all. To allow stadia full of thousands of people until there are zero new cases never mind deaths would be utter madness.

This thing is going to change the way we live our lives forever. We will think about things differently, act differently and everyone will be very suspicious of anyone with a cough for many years to come.

Life is never without risk is it?

That’s not to diminish the seriousness and I don’t doubt what’s happening now is necessary to make such a new situation manageable. But we surely can’t just continue to indefinitely live in fear with aversion to any sort of risk at all.

If anything that will have serious affects on other physical health, mental health and the economy 

Archived