Football Next Season - Will there be any?

Blue Avenger

Its highly unlikely we will see football this side of new year, that's why I think they were to quick and ending this season.

For talkings sake say there is no next season they could have held off this season and finished it sometime in the first half 2021, just a thought. 

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, HOPLITE said:

Its highly unlikely we will see football this side of new year, that's why I think they were to quick and ending this season.

For talkings sake say there is no next season they could have held off this season and finished it sometime in the first half 2021, just a thought. 

Well if we can’t start the new season until after the new year how are we supposed to finish this season before then. 

No public gatherings before a vaccine is found is the government position.

Behind closed doors maybe but it just takes one player to test positive and his club goes into isolation.

With permission to allow RTV to stream all matches (not just abroad but in the UK) then the club can sell  ST equivalents for the UK even if all is behind closed doors.

18 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

No public gatherings before a vaccine is found is the government position.

Behind closed doors maybe but it just takes one player to test positive and his club goes into isolation.

With permission to allow RTV to stream all matches (not just abroad but in the UK) then the club can sell  ST equivalents for the UK even if all is behind closed doors.

Our media and equipment  could not cope.

1 hour ago, .Williamson. said:

Load of utter shite

I don’t think so.  Once they lift the quarantine the virus will start to spread again.  Eventually it’ll begin to overflow the health system and it’ll be back in to lockdown we go.  How many times will we need to repeat this?  I heard someone describe it as ‘waves’ and this is only the fort one.  There could be 4 or 5 and there seems to be a good chance of reinfection with COVID-19.

4 minutes ago, TMB said:

I don’t think so.  Once they lift the quarantine the virus will start to spread again.  Eventually it’ll begin to overflow the health system and it’ll be back in to lockdown we go.  How many times will we need to repeat this?  I heard someone describe it as ‘waves’ and this is only the fort one.  There could be 4 or 5 and there seems to be a good chance of reinfection with COVID-19.

Must be a disaster living in your head 

BCD for the start of the season. Crowds begin round November/December but at only 1/4 or 1/3 of capacity and seperate by seats. Back to normal whenever the vaccine is found and has been distributed to everyone. When that is? Who knows. Hopefully gen2, 3 etc don't fuck it up that much.

In these situations the worst case scenarios are always given. Nobody actually knows how this will pan out. There is a lot of click bait scaremongering going on as it sells articles . This is a new virus ,so as I said , nobody knows. I’m staying positive and think that we will have football again by autumn. But that’s only me guessing. However, it’s as good a guess as the folk who are saying we’re all doomed. Take care fellow bears and stay safe. 

3 hours ago, Old No7. said:

If they keep the social distancing as part of long term recovery, you would need to leave min 4  seats between each person at Ibrox.

Apart from twice a season, celtic already do this at Parkhead.

2 hours ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Aye don’t go to work we will pay your wages.

This virus has completely convinced folk that money grows on trees, no football no money, no money no football clubs. 
Wake up ffs. 

It’s a mess and as you say people are forgetting that businesses need to get back up and running in order to survive and that very much includes football clubs.

Football aside I can see our mortgages and taxes going through the roof to pay for all this furlough.

Archived