Football Next Season - Will there be any?

Blue Avenger

2 minutes ago, TMB said:

"We have to consider if that completely takes away the risk," she said. "If a match is still on TV, the danger is people will congregate together to watch. 

They treat us like we’re children.  Just ask people not to congregate together when watching games and the vast majority will follow the advice.  

Oh none of us are nearly as savvy as Dear Mammy Sturgeon and Scotlands political class ! She knows whats best for us and our kids ! 🤣

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, TMB said:

"We have to consider if that completely takes away the risk," she said. "If a match is still on TV, the danger is people will congregate together to watch. 

They treat us like we’re children.  Just ask people not to congregate together when watching games and the vast majority will follow the advice.  

Exactly mate not everyone is as selfish as the ex health cow calderwood she had board.l and who she stood by without sacking her.

Fucking wee Dyke nationalist cow

On 20/04/2020 at 23:41, kelvd1873 said:

My worry is how do Rangers stay afloat if there is no football for the rest of the year and no earning capacity? 

That applies to every club and not just Rangers.Its a problem worldwide in my opinion

1 hour ago, Allyup said:

That applies to every club and not just Rangers.Its a problem worldwide in my opinion

If Rangers hit financial troubles, they just need to set up a donation site and the money will come in. Unlike a lot of clubs in Scotland, Rangers have a substantial support that will put money in to the club.

7 hours ago, pollok-bear said:

Exactly mate not everyone is as selfish as the ex health cow calderwood she had board.l and who she stood by without sacking her.

Fucking wee Dyke nationalist cow

Unfortunately while the vast majority will do what is required there is a sizeable minority who either don’t have a brain cell or don’t care  who will spoil it I already see evidence of family gatherings and visits becoming more and more common as these selfish stupid morons think it is ok to put others at risk  I am afraid that the risk is too great  lives are far more important than football.  

On 21/04/2020 at 08:46, The Blues said:

They have been trying to get a vaccine for HIV for 35 years and failed. The lockdown can’t go on much longer or the damage caused will be worse than the virus. Open everything up at the end of May but practice social distancing ,mask wearing on public transport and lockdown old people. 

How do you social distance at a major crowd event?

Behind closed doors with games on PPV would be an option to generate some revenue.

The big problem though is that there's bound to be streams around so a lot of folk will end up watching without paying.

Perhaps the club could look at TV season tickets. Then once people have signed up, the streams will be more of a nuisance than potentialy crippling financialy

10 hours ago, ZZed said:

If Rangers hit financial troubles, they just need to set up a donation site and the money will come in. Unlike a lot of clubs in Scotland, Rangers have a substantial support that will put money in to the club.

Not to cover 3 to 4 million per month costs which have still led a deficit.  Even at say a £million , if our outgoings are less due to like most of us not spending on much these days, and say players take an on going wage cut, it's still an incredible figure to be found monthly. Especially with nothing tangible for it or an end to it all in sight.

Others will be even worse unless in the habit of getting state aid.

42 minutes ago, Blueshoff said:

At this moment in time with what has been going on I couldn't give a fuck. 

As long as Rangers survive and prosper the rest can die. 

I'm the same. 

I miss it, but couldn't give a fuck when it comes back. Spring next year would be my guess at this stage. 

The main thing is ensuring we have a Rangers to come back to. That is by far and away the most critical thing in all of this. Our income is absolutely fucked for the forseesble future. 

We are going to be relying on players deferring their wages for months and months. 

I have no idea how the club are going to figure this all out. 

Honestly surprised e-sports are not taking off and getting more exposure during this.

Twitch and the likes are doing very well, but with a bit of effort, I'm sure sky and the likes could organise an EPL/SPFL competition.

Have players of FIFA etc do try outs for their favourite teams and recruit an online roster. Then have Saturday matches and hold a league etc.

Obviously a piss poor equivalent to watching the real game, but would at least give some form of live event for watching.

55 minutes ago, MoodyBlue1872 said:

I'm the same. 

I miss it, but couldn't give a fuck when it comes back. Spring next year would be my guess at this stage. 

The main thing is ensuring we have a Rangers to come back to. That is by far and away the most critical thing in all of this. Our income is absolutely fucked for the forseesble future. 

We are going to be relying on players deferring their wages for months and months. 

I have no idea how the club are going to figure this all out. 

Just the whole fucking thing of the world in the shit and taigs trying to steal a title under cover of a pandemic. 

Archived