Season ticket renewals out next week

Renew   

147 members have voted

1. 1. Renew

9 minutes ago, TMB said:

If you buy a ticket you need to consider that the season might not be played out fully.  The lockdown could lift, then come back, they may not even allow large gathering like football matches until 2021.  You're basically buying the ticket to support the club just as we did in division 3.  If you get to attend a match that's just a bonus.  

Suits me fine. As said, supporting the club as always. If I don't get to a game it won't be much different to 2019/2020 anyway due to working away. 

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
44 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

They need to give something back though, anything that makes the fans appreciated. 

We’re in the middle of this shitstorm and the club, rightfully obviously will be asking for renewals this week probably. That’s hundreds or thousands to some people who might be furloughed, out of work, on short term contracts whatever it may be. 

It doesn’t affect me massively at the moment but the club could finally recognise the fans for a change. If they plough on as if nothing is happening around them then they’ll rightfully come in for some criticism 

Don’t get me wrong I completely agree they need to give us something. I posted on here previously that if the ST is effectively a donation in lieu of getting to see football matches at Ibrox then they should give us each shares in return.

I think it would be unconscionable for the directors of the club to ask fans to help keep their business afloat without any consideration in return.

We are our own worst enemy at times. Our loyalty to the club allows the board to take advantage of us. Cant really blame them when people are literally offering them £4/5/6/700 quid for nothing in return!

1 minute ago, 16BlueSherbert90 said:

Suits me fine. As said, supporting the club as always. If I don't get to a game it won't be much different to 2019/2020 anyway due to working away. 

When I bought a ticket for division 3 I suspected I had just thrown my money away.  I bought one to try and keep the club open.  Same applies now in all honesty.  Who knows what the situation will be next season but the club wont survive without the ST money.

How about if you are an exisiting season book holder you pay a fee of £200 of the book upfront and that holds your seat until the worlds governments decides when you can attend matches.  £200 x 45,000 is equal to £9million. (Not excluding concessions etc but just kept it £200 for clarity)

The other thing that needs to be stuck on the backburner is the membership scheme for the time being. Thats just a kick in the stones and really money for nothing if its going to be whats been spike about 

4 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

We all pay different prices for our STs so an added complication is what price to charge if its virtual tickets for bcd games. Paying more for a better view at games is one thing, paying different prices for the same virtual match is another.

I'd imagine we're having to work on a number of what if scenarios. Tough challenge for them.

It is mate.

they can’t win tbh.

I can’t see us being in a stadium this year tbh and suspect any decent offers for players will be accepted with cut price replacements.

3 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Don’t get me wrong I completely agree they need to give us something. I posted on here previously that if the ST is effectively a donation in lieu of getting to see football matches at Ibrox then they should give us each shares in return.

I think it would be unconscionable for the directors of the club to ask fans to help keep their business afloat without any consideration in return.

We are our own worst enemy at times. Our loyalty to the club allows the board to take advantage of us. Cant really blame them when people are literally offering them £4/5/6/700 quid for nothing in return!

Look at what happend to share holders and debenture holders post 2012. Cheers for the dough but see ye later.  Season book holders because of demand for CERTAIN games are always shafted.  We pay throughthe nose week in week out. Theres cunts on here watch internet streams of our games but im expected to pony up dough with the chance of getting fuck all in return. Unreal 

3 minutes ago, TMB said:

When I bought a ticket for division 3 I suspected I had just thrown my money away.  I bought one to try and keep the club open.  Same applies now in all honesty.  Who knows what the situation will be next season but the club wont survive without the ST money.

Unfortunately that's true. I guess we will find out what is what at some point though. 

Me and the mrs are still planning on buying a house later this year so I honestly don't think I'm going to afford it. Coupled with the uncertainty of Coronavirus.

I have a couple of pals on the waiting list so I might offer it to them for a year or two and see what they say. That way my seat gets kept I suppose.

46 minutes ago, TMB said:

If you buy a ticket you need to consider that the season might not be played out fully.  The lockdown could lift, then come back, they may not even allow large gathering like football matches until 2021.  You're basically buying the ticket to support the club just as we did in division 3.  If you get to attend a match that's just a bonus.  

Spot on

53 minutes ago, TMB said:

Can't Rangers show the games via the app and sell Season Tickets for that?  

Folk won’t be long in getting fed up with that , can’t get a much more potentially exciting fixture than PSG v Dortmund that last round of the champions league there  , I put it off after ten minutes it’s an absolute brutal watch with no crowed there , intensity and effort levels are nowhere near the same 

4 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

You realise you just ring them when they go on general sale and you can get one, there's no actual waiting list 

Not sure if serious or not?

I've been on the list for 2 years now. Last year i mind the club saying there was a 12000 waiting list on top of the 46000 odd we sold?

2 hours ago, Gascoigne8 said:

Look at what happend to share holders and debenture holders post 2012. Cheers for the dough but see ye later.  Season book holders because of demand for CERTAIN games are always shafted.  We pay throughthe nose week in week out. Theres cunts on here watch internet streams of our games but im expected to pony up dough with the chance of getting fuck all in return. Unreal 

Yep. Fans literally paid the clubs debt to small businesses etc.

The club have acknowledged fan pressure helped this current board get to where they are in place of the previous board. It would be ridiculous for them to expect us to pay for something we don’t get to see.

And completely agree on your last points. What’s the point in paying for a virtual season ticket when some tramp will get it for nothing via Kodi or whatever.

Again, agree with you below. I think some sort of deposit/holding fee is ok. 

2 hours ago, Gascoigne8 said:

How about if you are an exisiting season book holder you pay a fee of £200 of the book upfront and that holds your seat until the worlds governments decides when you can attend matches.  £200 x 45,000 is equal to £9million. (Not excluding concessions etc but just kept it £200 for clarity)

The other thing that needs to be stuck on the backburner is the membership scheme for the time being. Thats just a kick in the stones and really money for nothing if its going to be whats been spike about 

7 hours ago, MorelosRangers said:

Not sure if serious or not?

I've been on the list for 2 years now. Last year i mind the club saying there was a 12000 waiting list on top of the 46000 odd we sold?

Not sure if this waiting list is real just like the waiting list for seat transfers. Last season I renewed and then emailed to request a transfer from Club Deck to SJ Rear and got a call within a week of closing date for season ticket holders with a choice of seats. I was never on a waiting list. I would suggest always being proactive rather than wait for years.

15 hours ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Post of the morning 100% spot on 

I think it’s obscene that the 1st team squad will be getting there massive salaries  & fans who are really struggling will be asked to poppy up. this isn’t just a Rangers problem, it’s players all over uk/europe on funny money, ive seen some are being so noble as to take a 20% pay cut, but if your on 10 grand - 30 grand a week then losing 20% isn’t much a hardship. The wage deferral that some players have been so kind to give is worse. If football can’t start back with stadiums full of fans then players can’t expect bumper pay packets, if your on 20 grand a week then mabye something like getting 20%, so 4 grand a week until some sort of normality returns. Personally, I’m self employed not made a penny for 5 weeks, been told to claim for universal credits. I agree with the club looking for a percentage of the season ticket to cover general costs & maintenance but we the fans can’t be asked to leave ourselves skint & missing household bills so that players can get there full whack.

I just don’t believe the many that say they would pay the 500 for their ST and not expect something back ,in the way of guarantees or some other sweetener 

The giving to the club because “ you are a super loyal supporter “ is bullshit for me 

I have had my ST since 85 unbroken and I’m looking for maximum value for my money .At the very least ,the club should give us discount vouchers for the food and drinks from this seasons ST  past as we lost out on potentially 4 /5 homes games 
If I renew ,most likely .It will be because I’m a supporter of Rangers ..Not because I’m a super Rangers fan or a mug who is willing to shell out 500 for nothing in return 

Rangers do take our loyalty for granted and lately they haven’t been giving that much back .Imo 

3 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

I just don’t believe the many that say they would pay the 500 for their ST and not expect something back ,in the way of guarantees or some other sweetener 

The giving to the club because “ you are a super loyal supporter “ is bullshit for me 

I have had my ST since 85 unbroken and I’m looking for maximum value for my money .At the very least ,the club should give us discount vouchers for the food and drinks from this seasons ST  past as we lost out on potentially 4 /5 homes games 
If I renew ,most likely .It will be because I’m a supporter of Rangers ..Not because I’m a super Rangers fan or a mug who is willing to shell out 500 for nothing in return 

Rangers do take our loyalty for granted and lately they haven’t been giving that much back .Imo 

I dont think anyone has claimed that? 

I'm in the position that I can afford my two books and put the money into the club, I don't want any reimbursement or vouchers for money off anything. Last seasons was paid, Rangers want the games played but the league want to award it to the taigs. The government have banned large gatherings and sporting events, this is out of Rangers hands and outwith their control. 

If food vouchers or anything like that is offered to me I'll decline, again not because of being a "super loyal supporter" but because I want the club to have the money. 

I know not everyone is in the same boat as me and some of the others on here but I genuinely don't want 1 quid off a burger or deprive the club of money it needs. 

If we all took refunds from last season or discounts on this one we could be in deep shit. 

23 minutes ago, Glory awaits said:

I think it’s obscene that the 1st team squad will be getting there massive salaries  & fans who are really struggling will be asked to poppy up. this isn’t just a Rangers problem, it’s players all over uk/europe on funny money, ive seen some are being so noble as to take a 20% pay cut, but if your on 10 grand - 30 grand a week then losing 20% isn’t much a hardship. The wage deferral that some players have been so kind to give is worse. If football can’t start back with stadiums full of fans then players can’t expect bumper pay packets, if your on 20 grand a week then mabye something like getting 20%, so 4 grand a week until some sort of normality returns. Personally, I’m self employed not made a penny for 5 weeks, been told to claim for universal credits. I agree with the club looking for a percentage of the season ticket to cover general costs & maintenance but we the fans can’t be asked to leave ourselves skint & missing household bills so that players can get there full whack.

Theres no doubt there will be some sort of recalibration of wages but I'm not sure footballers should really be the target here. Even to the extent they seem to get criticised for deferring wages.

Theyve long since been highly paid, often earning more in a week than the average punter, but we're not forced to pay to go watch them, better players normally cost top buck, and the clubs offer contracts to secure services. These players will likely have outgoings reflective of their salaries, but you seem to want them hit hugely for circumstances outwith their control.

It's hard on many folk, particularly I'm sure on self employed,  but a guy on 20k per week isnt going to 4k pw, nor should he. He would also likely then be able to walk away from his contract if we cant meet its terms. Should we allow that situation with our assets like Morelos when he doesnt take the 4k we offer him?

Football is a different entity from most types of employment in that we buy, sell, trade people. That's a 2 way street and for players, the higher salaries earned is part of the compensation for that.

I'm all for wages coming down, but it needs to happen as part of a wider calibration including tv money in the game etc not just because clubs decide to fuck players over now. 

18 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

You do like a "Post of the....." post mate 😂

Like to give a little praise from time to time mate . A hell of a lot of egos on here , and bitching so it's only fair to give out some plaudits :p:

Given you quite a few  over the years

Archived