Operation tango

MacBoyd

I vaguely recall there was a bit of a narrative being pushed by the mhedia that we were going to slip up on the day and celtic would steamroller their opponents, almost as if they were trying to will it into reality. They may have played an unwitting role by planting the expectation amongst a support who have always enjoyed huffing their own farts.

1 hour ago, The Sinner said:

Hartley and Craig Thompson look delighted that we have lost a goal ? 

That was the first thing I thought   when I saw it,    especially the impartial cunt  

3 hours ago, Nameless Ghoul said:

Hartleys face is the best thing about all this. Absolutely buzzing smiling at the ref who even gives him a wee tap. 

Superb. 

Apparently    T.L.B.   was dancing about like a right twat too but no clips of that   as far as  I can see.

The sneaky plan   dubbed Operation Tango    involved Gers supporters messaging Hoops pals at Parkhead to say the Ibrox side had lost a goal against Dundee United at Tannadice.

Within seconds a huge roar went up around celtic Park as news of a possible SPL lifeline spread.

Even thrilled Hoops coach Neil Lennon raced out of the home dugout looking for confirmation of a Tangerines equaliser.

But one fan behind the wind-up revealed: “It seems 50,000 supporters and Celtics backroom staff were truly Tangoed.

“We expected to cause ripples of expectation among a few hundred fans around the stadium by sending the text message.

“But it looks like we pranked the whole of Parkhead.”

9 minutes ago, Don54 said:

Apparently    T.L.B.   was dancing about like a right twat too but no clips of that   as far as  I can see.

Was Lennon not youth team coach at that point?

That was still strachans reign, I don't think they two got on in all honesty 

2 hours ago, hammer93 said:

Was Lennon not youth team coach at that point?

That was still strachans reign, I don't think they two got on in all honesty 

According to Wikipedia

His first coaching appointment was as first team coach in 2008.    After the appointment of  Mowbray as manager, he took charge of the  reserve team

Just after 26.50    the fanny is out looking for confirmation   dundee utd had equalized

2 hours ago, Don54 said:

The sneaky plan   dubbed Operation Tango    involved Gers supporters messaging Hoops pals at Parkhead to say the Ibrox side had lost a goal against Dundee United at Tannadice.

Within seconds a huge roar went up around celtic Park as news of a possible SPL lifeline spread.

Even thrilled Hoops coach Neil Lennon raced out of the home dugout looking for confirmation of a Tangerines equaliser.

But one fan behind the wind-up revealed: “It seems 50,000 supporters and Celtics backroom staff were truly Tangoed.

“We expected to cause ripples of expectation among a few hundred fans around the stadium by sending the text message.

“But it looks like we pranked the whole of Parkhead.”

:lol: :lol: Ugly little cretin that he is.

Translated from a Spanish   site     https://www.marca.com/2009/05/27/futbol/futbol_internacional/1243407601.html

Dundee United had not scored.  In fact, he lost 3-0 and Rangers won the title. 
But, in fact, hundreds of celtic fans present on the field had received a message at the same time announcing the goal that the League gave them. 
It was all a campaign mounted by fans of the Protestant team, who, through an Internet forum, devised that 'Operation Tango' to make their rivals believe that they were virtual champions.  

'the Protestant team'

lmao.jpg.785ad79dc4ebedc4424a70e75d5cbc51.jpg

Archived