Rangers Propose League Change (Inc "B Team")

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, HG5 said:

In a normal football world it would make perfect sense.

In our peculiar pressure cooker of a goldfish bowl, I can’t see it catching on.

The demand for success will always mean tried & tested is bought in over home grown.

Witness our chance to do it as we came back up the leagues.

Loving all the metaphors

1 minute ago, Barasa said:

Maybe good crowds for home B matches? Good practice in our style for promotion to first team, how to deal with abh attempts and the like.

Just dont see it mate , even if a player shines at that level,  look at nicky clarke 

39 minutes ago, Bobby Hume said:

:tu:

Good post mate ...... I can't remember any one of our past Managers ever seriously adopting this approach at this type of bridge between colts and first team .... the percentage has always proven to be too low.

It's not even a valid argument ..... and anyone who says it is has to be crazy as the facts have been there to see forever ....most buy in rather than promote as you say.

The only way any young player gets from colt to first team is .... and always has been .... on his ability alone fuck all else matters.

Your post is spot on and is all the evidence anyone needs to prove this to be the fact of the matter. 

🇬🇧

Thanks mate - I really think the concept should work, in any normal circumstance, but sadly, it’s us v them.

This is no developmental experience - it’s dog eat dog.

This particular dog is sick of getting chewed up!

And if we’re expected to wait four or five years while our colts burst through to challenge the tarriers well, we aren’t exactly renowned for our patience, are we?

13 minutes ago, writingranger said:

Loving all the metaphors

Cheers!👍

Would have got more in, had I had more time!😂

P.s. bit worried about the goldfish in the pressure cooker😳

5 minutes ago, ger4life_1872 said:

Just dont see it mate , even if a player shines at that level,  look at nicky clarke 

Anyone from our B team will be ready when called. Good school.

24 minutes ago, The Dude said:

The Lowland League chairman mentioned last week that it  had been discussed but there had been little support for it. It appears something has changed that the proposal is out there now. 

https://twitter.com/BanksandBlack/status/1266666585575604225?s=19

Aye the taigs are backing it, that’s what’s changed, these wee diddy clubs just can’t resist the tarrier cock 

I've had a change of thought on this. We ain't changing  the league standings so we use this as a bribe to get the spfl to agree with us since they will do anything to avoid a law suit and we get a Colts team.

Also, I think it is more beneficial to the young players progression to keep them together rather than having them scattered all over the place to diddy clubs.

12 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

How much more financially beneficial is this likely to be for teams in the league our colts would enter than the status quo or the Hearts 14-14-14 option?

We need to go back to Brechin and find the ball. I

'm sure our away support would be healthy. It's a no-brainer if you ask me.

48 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

How much more financially beneficial is this likely to be for teams in the league our colts would enter than the status quo or the Hearts 14-14-14 option?

We should be looking at how financially beneficial it will be for us .If we gain in a financial and footballing sense (ie decent gate money and squad progression), then I am happy to go for it . If it costs us .....fuck them .I don't care if lower leagues gain a benefit from us having a B team there , as long as we are .

2 hours ago, Inigo said:

This sounds really well thought out to me.

Also actually a clever way to increase influence by sweetening clubs' attitudes towards us. Looks food for us and lots of others will benefit. 

Especially as they have agreed terms for next season with Sky on a 12 team league

2 hours ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Probably make us daft cunts put 25 quid in to the resevres MyGers 😂😂😂

6 hours ago, mick1271 said:

We should be looking at how financially beneficial it will be for us .If we gain in a financial and footballing sense (ie decent gate money and squad progression), then I am happy to go for it . If it costs us .....fuck them .I don't care if lower leagues gain a benefit from us having a B team there , as long as we are .

For us the benefit will be bringing through players far better equipped for the first team, even if it costs a little more in doing so.

I'm not bothered in a supportive sense about how much the other clubs get, I'm wondering more if this is the tipping point in the reconstruction talks which was always coming down to money.

It'll be good experience for our youth. Possible guaranteed sell outs for when the first team aren't playing or playing away. Only problem would be teams missing out on promotion for another year maybe two if we and them were to win the league in a row. 

After listening to the "Scottish football is on the decline " and announcements of yet more football summits , it seems those at Hampden have done fuck all .

If we think it's worth a punt then it's worth a shot .

Do responses need to be in for 5 pm Friday ....

9 hours ago, 6superbarry6 said:

Aye the taigs are backing it, that’s what’s changed, these wee diddy clubs just can’t resist the tarrier cock 

It’s like a seal of approval .Fuck us in reality 

The cynic in me ,says it could even have been a bheast idea .Anything is possible with our lot 

Archived