Stewart Robertson.... Again

falkirkNS

• Replies 780
  • Created
  • Last Reply
52 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

Think this thread has ran its course now, same arguments going round and round again, we’ve got two sides with polar opposite opinions on this that are never going to agree so probably best just to leave it at that, we really need some proper football or at least a transfer rumour to talk about, fed up with all this now 

Only  transfer rumour is that we are looking at some Russian defender called Gohame Faminsova.

27 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Agreed. Think everyone on this thread knows where everyone else stands on that matter now. Let's just agree to disagree and move on. 

I’d like to agree but this subject is not going away for us as a club for sometime now that we’ve pushed ourselves into the spotlight. From that point of view it’s frustratingly relevant. 

22 hours ago, British_Empire said:

Isn't it's aims akin to Marxism though? 

That's not to see everyone who takes the knee is a marxist, though, Would be idiotic to claim that.

No it isn't. The vast majority of people who support BLM see it as a social movement not a political party. 

But it's the go to arguement for why Rangers players shouldnt be taking the knee.

9 minutes ago, cp9 said:

No it isn't. The vast majority of people who support BLM see it as a social movement not a political party. 

But it's the go to arguement for why Rangers players shouldnt be taking the knee.

So destroying big business/capitalism, replacing them with co-op's with more disproportionate black representation isn't akin to Marxism? 

and the second point is wrong too - the go to argument (that I see) is because BLM is a racist, anarchist organisation. 

24 minutes ago, cp9 said:

Well the majority need to do some research on what they are supporting and throwing their cause behind . It’s  That simple . BLM as a movement would also do itself a huge favour in distancing itself from the far left groups who latch on to it and condemn their rioting and looting.

6 minutes ago, cr3_bear said:

Well the majority need to do some research on what they are supporting . That simple . BLM as a movement would also do itself a huge favour in distancing itself from the far left groups who latch on to it and condemn their rioting and looting.

The biggest favour BLM could do everyone (themselves included), while they've got momentum and spotlight is fold and re-brand. 

Start by condemning the looting, rioting & violence, drop the political crap, the extreme ideals and concentrate on racial equality. 

They are no different just now to the likes of Antifa who some proscribe as a terrorist organisation at worst and brain dead anarchists at best.

If they really did believe in equality and getting everyone onside (or at least trying to get get everyone onside) then they need a reformation. 

Their main hitters/supporters need to apologise for the racist stuff they've Tweeted too and step back and not get involved any further.

Until all that (or something close to that) happens, they will always be a polarising, racist mob. 

2 hours ago, StaunchLondonGer said:

Also live down south and would say a large majority of decent non-racist white folk (football fans or not) now feel intimidated and alienated by the BLM movement. It's bitter, militant, sinister and - in itself - borderline racist. 

Of course, this view, although prevalent, is largely unspoken (especially in public) due to the fact we now live in a democracy where freedom of speech works one way only. If you don't happen to subscribe to a left-wing, appeasing and apologist viewpoint and acknowledge your inherent white privilege then you'd be best keeping your gob shut tbh. 

A large majority must be something like 60% (of the total) at least, i'd say. How do you judge that beyond your circle of friends, colleagues, etc?

And what differentiates decent non-racist white folk from non-racist white folk who aren't decent?  

30 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

So destroying big business/capitalism, replacing them with co-op's with more disproportionate black representation isn't akin to Marxism? 

and the second point is wrong too - the go to argument (that I see) is because BLM is a racist, anarchist organisation. 

As I said - players nor the vast majority of citizens of different states taking the knee aren't propagating Marxism. 

Not from what I've seen. The racists arguement is even more moronic though tbh.

22 minutes ago, cr3_bear said:

Well the majority need to do some research on what they are supporting and throwing their cause behind . It’s  That simple . BLM as a movement would also do itself a huge favour in distancing itself from the far left groups who latch on to it and condemn their rioting and looting.

So you can decide, as I assume (apologies if not), a white man that BLM is Marxist so therefore black people need to do some research and pick another cause to follow? One that you prefer? 

1 minute ago, cp9 said:

As I said - players nor the vast majority of citizens of different states taking the knee aren't propagating Marxism. 

Not from what I've seen. The racists arguement is even more moronic though tbh.

I agree I don't think anyone can say with a straight face that taking the knee is promoting Marxism, but I don't think that doesn't mean BLM doesn't have some Marxist views either. Both things can be true. 

I'd much rather someone took a knee for Marxism anyway than a knee for a racist organisation like BLM. Don't agree with either but find one more palatable than the other.

4 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

I agree I don't think anyone can say with a straight face that taking the knee is promoting Marxism, but I don't think that doesn't mean BLM doesn't have some Marxist views either. Both things can be true. 

I'd much rather someone took a knee for Marxism anyway than a knee for a racist organisation like BLM. Don't agree with either but find one more palatable than the other.

Go on - I'll bite.

Why is BLM racist?

Just now, British_Empire said:

and I won't (bite)

It's all been covered a thousand times over. Go do your own homework.

That's not me not answering, that's me refusing to dignify that pish.

Dignifying what with an answer? Why you think a movement based around equality for black people is racist? Fair enough - I think most people would struggle to answer tbh so can't blame you.

Just now, cp9 said:

Dignifying what with an answer? Why you think a movement based around equality for black people is racist? Fair enough - I think most people would struggle to answer tbh so can't blame you.

You really know fuck-all. Ignorant is being kind here. 

9 minutes ago, cp9 said:

So you can decide, as I assume (apologies if not), a white man that BLM is Marxist so therefore black people need to do some research and pick another cause to follow? One that you prefer? 

No anyone who follows any cause should have some sort of idea of the groups they are following and what they stand for and are connected to  regardless of their colour or background .

1 hour ago, dougie76 said:

Wish cunts that want to silence people they don't agree with got binned instead.

I don’t want to silence anyone. 

I do want folk to use some common sense with regards to the club (particularly on a public platform), be it songs, social media or any other conduct that damages our reputation. 

It’s not a big ask. 

Archived