Stewart Robertson.... Again

falkirkNS

6 minutes ago, Rum Ham said:

Hows this shit still being discussed?

Who cares this much what somecunt does before a game.

Find it interesting that Gerrard has avoided criticism for doing the same gesture, but Goldson has a 40+ page about him doing it.

Every footballer I’ve heard comment on taking a knee before a game has said it is about equality, none have even mention the BLM organisation.

The bit in bold, you have a point there actually. I hate double-standards and hypocrisy tbh. Barisic too done the fist - hardly any mention of that either.

They are either all in the wrong, all in the right or you either don't give a fuck either way - but you can't criticise one but not the other(s).

I just think it's because Goldson took to Twitter though, that put the focus on him and the ball rolling. 

It (the knee) should be stopped and replaced with something else ASAP (if the intent is to keep on going) - I find it interesting that the same sort of folk who are defending the kneeling because they don't care if it's getting confused with BLM (because it's about the sentiment) are also the first ones you see moaning about fellow fans doing red hand salutes (because it can be mixed-up with a nazi salute) - so negative connotations are OK for one thing, but not another - which harps me back to my first point about the double-standard.

Double-standards and hypocrisy is the worst thing about all this shite. 

• Replies 780
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the issue is that Robertson's statement has allowed the abuse of Alfie to be conflated with the fallout from the  "taking a knee issue".  It should have been two separate statements - the first strongly condemning the racist abuse of one of our players by others, and the second, if really needed, reminding our supporters of the need to get behind the team.

1 minute ago, Ladytonbear said:

I think the issue is that Robertson's statement has allowed the abuse of Alfie to be conflated with the fallout from the  "taking a knee issue".  It should have been two separate statements - the first strongly condemning the racist abuse of one of our players by others, and the second, if really needed, reminding our supporters of the need to get behind the team.

Totally agree.

But the second point about reminding our supporters to get behind the team, it should have been worded differently and made simple to emphasise that point and not made to come across as "if you have a problem with taking the knee/BLM then you're a racist, fuck off and don't come back" which is still disgusting 24h on. This shows why the guys in charge of us are amateurs. They should have made the distinction clearer and not alienate folk. 

4 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

The bit in bold, you have a point there actually. I hate double-standards and hypocrisy tbh. Barisic too done the fist - hardly any mention of that either.

They are either all in the wrong, all in the right or you either don't give a fuck either way - but you can't criticise one but not the other(s).

I just think it's because Goldson took to Twitter though, that put the focus on him and the ball rolling. 

It (the knee) should be stopped and replaced with something else ASAP (if the intent is to keep on going) - I find it interesting that the same sort of folk who are defending the kneeling because they don't care if it's getting confused with BLM (because it's about the sentiment) are also the first ones you see moaning about fellow fans doing red hand salutes (because it can be mixed-up with a nazi salute) - so negative connotations are OK for one thing, but not another - which harps me back to my first point about the double-standard.

And Hagi. And Defoe. And Morelos. And Aribo. And Tavernier.

That red-hand salute comparison is incredible. Fans aren't doing a red-hand salute to try further any sort of social cause or oppose racism.

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

And Hagi. And Defoe. And Morelos. And Aribo. And Tavernier.

That red-hand salute comparison is incredible. Fans aren't doing a red-hand salute to try further any sort of social cause or oppose racism.

Did you just ignore the other words around the red-hand salute comparison? it wouldn't be unlike you. The point is very clear - people don't like it because it some folk construe it as meaning something offensive. 

Some folk are also offended by BLM (myself included) so when people get down on one knee, a gesture that's symbolic to them, I construe it the same way. 

It's the same logic, but for different things.

Reply with some inane pish all you want and try to ware us all down with your bullshit and snobbery. As usual. 

13 minutes ago, Ladytonbear said:

It’s funny how the people in comms can’t see a bad comm 🤷‍♂️

2 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

Did you just ignore the other words around the red-hand salute comparison? it wouldn't be unlike you. The point is very clear - people don't like it because it some folk construe it as meaning something offensive. 

Some folk are also offended by BLM (myself included) so when people get down on one knee, a gesture that's symbolic to them, I construe it the same way. 

It's the same logic, but for different things.

Reply with some inane pish all you want and try to ware us all down with your bullshit and snobbery. As usual. 

No I didn't ignore them. There's a huge difference between the players making a fist and the support doing a red hand salute. Whatever you think of either gesture one is being used to progress an aim and make a stand against racism. What is the aim of the red hand salute?

Trying to cut through all the shite as difficult as that is.

The microcosm of a dysfunctional society that is Scotland, we have our Prod's, taigs, Muslims, agnostics, atheists, Children of God and whatever the fuck else is out there. Taigs aside, we actually all rather get on.

The only problem I have personally come across is between us and the taigs. The haters in the media, the politicos and the authorities all lined up against us. We are cast as the villains of whichever piece that suits the narrative of the day. Need to be deaf, dumb and blind not to notice.

Now it's made out, us on our team.

All rather convenient. 

Where were all these cunts for the Tav incident and the many perp'd against Alfie? Can't recall any hanging party for the perp's.

The GB immediately hijack the BLM movement to further an agenda. The one against us! Anyone think for a moment they give a fuck about anyone but themselves?! Infested with terrorist sympathers and paedophiles, you couldn't make this shite up, but here we are the bad guys again, the right wing extremists.

Can some not see wtf is going on here? Another attempt to divide and weaken us!

There is racism and inequality across the planet to a greater of lesser extent in every country, but I do not see it as such a problem in Scotland, but maybe someone can relay a personal experience of it, with the exception of what has happened to Tav and Alfie, but they just happen to be wearing blue jerseys, so in the taig world it's just the banter. Move on swiftly.

What I have experienced is the constant demonisation and discrimination  against the PUL community and my civil liberties eroded as a consequence of 13 years of an oppressive regime right there in Holyrood. With a Justice Minister nailing HIS very racist colours to the mast in his latest of many hate speeches towards the PUL community.

Do we care what colour, race religion of any of our players or those of any other team? Course we fucking don't, but that doesn't fit with the narrative. 

We would protect our players to the death. Matters not one fuck what religion or colour they are. We would also protect any innocent facing abuse or harm from the baying hordes. Matters not one fuck what colour they are.

But yet, here we are  again, demonised and criminalised yet and not one crime enacted.

Time some woke up and took a good long smell of the coffee and stop embracing the narrative or it will be the end of us.

This new cult of the Church of Woke came into being to protect the guilty and silence the innocent and it appears to be working and in this backwater, with the taigs at the helm.

2 hours ago, Blue Avenger said:

Trying to cut through all the shite as difficult as that is.

The microcosm of a dysfunctional society that is Scotland, we have our Prod's, taigs, Muslims, agnostics, atheists, Children of God and whatever the fuck else is out there. Taigs aside, we actually all rather get on.

The only problem I have personally come across is between us and the taigs. The haters in the media, the politicos and the authorities all lined up against us. We are cast as the villains of whichever piece that suits the narrative of the day. Need to be deaf, dumb and blind not to notice.

Now it's made out, us on our team.

All rather convenient. 

Where were all these cunts for the Tav incident and the many perp'd against Alfie? Can't recall any hanging party for the perp's.

The GB immediately hijack the BLM movement to further an agenda. The one against us! Anyone think for a moment they give a fuck about anyone but themselves?! Infested with terrorist sympathers and paedophiles, you couldn't make this shite up, but here we are the bad guys again, the right wing extremists.

Can some not see wtf is going on here? Another attempt to divide and weaken us!

There is racism and inequality across the planet to a greater of lesser extent in every country, but I do not see it as such a problem in Scotland, but maybe someone can relay a personal experience of it, with the exception of what has happened to Tav and Alfie, but they just happen to be wearing blue jerseys, so in the taig world it's just the banter. Move on swiftly.

What I have experienced is the constant demonisation and discrimination  against the PUL community and my civil liberties eroded as a consequence of 13 years of an oppressive regime right there in Holyrood. With a Justice Minister nailing HIS very racist colours to the wall in his latest of many hate speeches towards the PUL community.

Do we care what colour, race religion of any of our players or those of any other team? Course we fucking don't, but that doesn't fit with the narrative. 

We would protect our players to the death. Matters not one fuck what religion or colour they are. We would also protect any innocent facing abuse or harm from the baying hordes. Matters not one fuck what colour they are.

But yet, here we are  again, demonised and criminalised yet and not one crime enacted.

Time some woke up and took a good long smell the coffee and stop embracing the narrative or it will be the end of us.

This new cult of the Church of Woke came into being to protect the guilty and silence the innocent and it appears to be working and in this backwater, with the taigs at the helm.

The new cult of The Church of Woke. A statement like that gives me the boak!

I have been involved in human rights and conditions my entire working career. There are also international organizations like UNICEF or The Red Cross or Amnesty International that have been around for a long time and will continue long after we are gone BA. You make it sound like it is a new, dangerous trend. Equality is getting the voice it has long deserved whether it be woman's rights or racism. I suppose some people just feel threatened by change. 

As for my beloved Rangers... they have entered the modern world with the Everyone, Anyone campaign. That is The Church of Woke I am behind.

42 minutes ago, southcoastbear said:

No I do,  what you posted was racism , and I'll informed 

The very thing you are accusing those of us who are disagreeing with the politics of BLM .

I'm disagreeing with those that condemn our players, or indeed anyone, for taking an anti-racist stance.  Are you? 

25 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

The new cult of The Church of Woke. A statement like that gives me the Boak!

I have been involved in human rights and conditions my entire working career. There are also international organizations like UNICEF or The Red Cross or Amnesty International that have been around for a long time and will continue long after we are gone BA. You make it sound like it is a new, dangerous trend. Equality is getting the voice it has long deserved whether it be woman's rights or racism. I suppose some people just feel threatened by change. 

As for my beloved Rangers... they have entered the modern world with the Everyone, Anyone campaign. That is The Church of Woke I am behind.

Rangers are doing business with a company owned by a Chinese government that is currently rounding up undesirables, loading them into cattle cars and sending them off to literal concentration camps.

8 minutes ago, Misteral said:

I'm disagreeing with those that condemn our players, or indeed anyone, for taking an anti-racist stance.  Are you? 

As I stated earlier I do take issue with the support of BLM what was wrong with Everyone  Anyone  platform , my preferred option, or  show racism the red card at a push.

As for the black power fist add on , an action that is commonly associated with the black panther party, an organisation that today is said to be racist and anti semitic , yes I do take issue with this.

Mr Robertson also  needs to leave the statements to the press to David Graham, he was not that good IMO in the recent dispute with the SPFL, can only assume his skills lie elsewhere 

1 hour ago, British_Empire said:

I find it interesting that the same sort of folk who are defending the kneeling because they don't care if it's getting confused with BLM (because it's about the sentiment) are also the first ones you see moaning about fellow fans doing red hand salutes (because it can be mixed-up with a nazi salute) - so negative connotations are OK for one thing, but not another - which harps me back to my first point about the double-standard.

The irony here is incredible.

Aren't the folks who would defend to their death the red hand salute irrespective of whether others mix it up with a Nazi salute to a man the same ones who are moaning about the kneeling?

1 minute ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

The irony here is incredible.

Aren't the folks who would defend to their death the red hand salute irrespective of whether others mix it up with a Nazi salute to a man the same ones who are moaning about the kneeling?

and right on cue, you are one of the hypocrites who purposely don't want to see the point because it will never suit their mindset (The Dude already piping up) 

I don't care enough for either gesture (the red hand salute or the kneeling for BLM) but the comparison is perfectly valid because it's about the double standards.

Shows how much we actually need to do as a society and a support that this is even an issue. I live down south and I’ve not heard any fans have a problem with their own clubs players engaging with this. Even if you don’t support it, do you really have to vocalise that you’re against it? People making themselves look very small minded. 

Archived