Stewart Robertson.... Again

falkirkNS

9 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

and right on cue, you are one of the hypocrites who purposely don't want to see the point because it will never suit their mindset (The Dude already piping up) 

I don't care enough for either gesture (the red hand salute or the kneeling for BLM) but the comparison is perfectly valid because it's about the double standards.

I got the point you were making. It was utterly fucking ridiculous.

• Replies 780
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Brackley Bluenose said:

Shows how much we actually need to do as a society and a support that this is even an issue. I live down south and I’ve not heard any fans have a problem with their own clubs players engaging with this. Even if you don’t support it, do you really have to vocalise that you’re against it? People making themselves look very small minded. 

At the start there was a hell of a lot of folk against it. To say otherwise is untrue.

But now you have a point, it's been going on for weeks and they're used to it now. It's become part of what is happening. 

You just needed to go on Facebook pages of a lot of the teams and see a vocal proportion of folk hitting out. 

24 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

and right on cue, you are one of the hypocrites who purposely don't want to see the point because it will never suit their mindset (The Dude already piping up) 

I don't care enough for either gesture (the red hand salute or the kneeling for BLM) but the comparison is perfectly valid because it's about the double standards.

I haven't read all of your posts on this over the past few days, but although I disagree with your views from the posts I've read I think you've argued them pretty well and fairly.

The double standard point you've made is moot though.

9 hours ago, The Dude said:

There's nothing political to opposing racism. If there is, that would make SRtRC a political movement too.

Can we say the same about the Oppressed protestant people of places like the cluan place, East Belfast or the fountain estate, Londonderry? bothese these places are surrounded by Nationlists/ Republicans and barraged by bricks/petrol bombs and sectarian slaughter for most for the 365 days a year.  Cultured cleansing ..... Alot of these people affected are Rangers supporters who attend Ibrox.

I cant wait for the clubs message on its support for the supporters affected in thee areas....

Shit I forgot, Protestant. Unionism is a no go for the club where a huge majority of its support reign from... Specky robertson is almost embarrassed and they avoid any messages at any point...

Specly weasel has been on the ropes for a while, he will soon get it in the street and stands when we are allowed back, banners are allready being made towards that cunt.

10 hours ago, Brackley Bluenose said:

Shows how much we actually need to do as a society and a support that this is even an issue. I live down south and I’ve not heard any fans have a problem with their own clubs players engaging with this. Even if you don’t support it, do you really have to vocalise that you’re against it? People making themselves look very small minded. 

There’s a handful of bangers, just always happen to be the loudest or post the most. 

11 hours ago, Brackley Bluenose said:

I live down south and I’ve heard plenty complain about their players showing support for a violent poisonous socially divisive mob. Interesting you think anyone with a different view from yourself should just keep quiet. In this age of cancel culture and no platforming I suppose it’s the new normal.  A BLM activist in London, who blamed everything on Whitey, was a calling for white people to be murdered, should we keep quiet about that because it doesn’t fit in with your politics?

1 hour ago, eskbankloyal said:

David Graham will have written that statement ffs :lol: 

From what I've seen of David Graham so far he is a much sharper operator  than this, has Robertson's clumsy mitts all over it IMO.

But you obviously have access to the upper echelons at Ibrox :mutley:

1 hour ago, They Gnu said:

I live down south and I’ve heard plenty complain about their players showing support for a violent poisonous socially divisive mob. Interesting you think anyone with a different view from yourself should just keep quiet. In this age of cancel culture and no platforming I suppose it’s the new normal.  A BLM activist in London, who blamed everything on Whitey, was a calling for white people to be murdered, should we keep quiet about that because it doesn’t fit in with your politics?

Also live down south and would say a large majority of decent non-racist white folk (football fans or not) now feel intimidated and alienated by the BLM movement. It's bitter, militant, sinister and - in itself - borderline racist. 

Of course, this view, although prevalent, is largely unspoken (especially in public) due to the fact we now live in a democracy where freedom of speech works one way only. If you don't happen to subscribe to a left-wing, appeasing and apologist viewpoint and acknowledge your inherent white privilege then you'd be best keeping your gob shut tbh. 

3 minutes ago, StaunchLondonGer said:

Also live down south and would say a large majority of decent non-racist white folk (football fans or not) now feel intimidated and alienated by the BLM movement. It's bitter, militant, sinister and - in itself - borderline racist. 

Of course, this view, although prevalent, is largely unspoken (especially in public) due to the fact we now live in a democracy where freedom of speech works one way only. If you don't happen to subscribe to a left-wing, appeasing and apologist viewpoint and acknowledge your inherent white privilege then you'd be best keeping your gob shut tbh. 

That doesn't work either, staying silent equals racist now, you canny win with the cunts😂

Right, here goes......Personally I find it very disappointing although predictable that we are now top of the bill on this issue.

There is an absolute clamour for organisations and individuals to be seen to be addressing their sins, I know individuals that don’t have a racist bone in their body announcing they’ve had to reflect on their past conduct. Know what? That’s fine, who am I to say they do or don’t. Here is what pisses me off though..... people making their crusade about Rangers.   

Self inflicted wounds: Does any high profile individual including Rangers players think that when any picture appears on social media it won’t draw out various opinion, furthermore the odd absolute arsehole? It happens every single time yet one or two of our players have gave an absolute minority a far louder voice than they deserved. Was there any need for that? Could the players have focussed on the support they got or balanced debate?  When indeed did any of these players last profile what fantastic unseen support they receive?  Could a bit more loyalty be shown to the broader club when there has to be awareness of what hares are being set running? 

The second this happened this entire story was going to become about us. Step up Mr. Robertson giving the issue further emphasis, suggesting elements of the support can stay away, even muddying the waters around a racist attack on our own player. A PR balls up of the highest order. The highest profile fan media groups chucking in ‘stay away, block me’ messages - who?  genuinely who? - Some wee twat gobbing off after a half bottle or a Tim deliberately creating mischief. I’m told now that’s easy to hide behind - isn’t it almost always the outcome?

So as expected the gutter trash grab this opportunity - shocker! - even the Athletic has ran with a headline today implying a culture war amongst the support (seriously WTF) The narrative is now well and clearly established.  Let me remind you, over the actions of an absolute tiny minority who may or may not even be Rangers fans. 

I am 23 years a season ticket holder. It’s beyond me to guess how many fellow fans i’ve spent time with over those years and I can say hand on heart I’ve seen 3 incidents that would be deemed racist, one of those resulted in a young bear getting a swift (literal) boot up the arse for his remarks about Bobo Balde. Even those that want to argue they’ve seen it more than I have, they are almost guaranteed to only offer a few incidents by individuals, oh there’s  this guy that sits in the Govan etc. Of course any example is 1 is too many however it does not point towards a systemic issue at the club which for me presents the question again, why are so many now conducting themselves as if they are here to rid Rangers of this issue? - Rangers does not have an issue. 

Stumbling around here trying to find the right words as it can be so easy to misrepresent my point.  For clarity my view is no right minded person can stand against a genuine effort to  establish equality for any group or individuals if the movement conducts itself in a decent manner without harming others. I am however absolutely sick of societies issues landing firmly at our door step. Those  in a privileged, genuine privileged position afforded by the club and support could have done better.  Where were the players and Mr Robertson’s voices over the last two years when Alfredo has been systematically abused by supporters up and down the country?  Found absolutely lacking, perhaps there is a few questions to ask of themselves rather than faceless idiots on social media. 

Not sure how popular my views are on this situation, genuinely not sure I’ve articulated them well. My opinions certainly continue to evolve and most of all remain open to persuasion.  I  do however find it bewildering and totally unnecessary that we have become the talking point here once again. 

28 minutes ago, dougie76 said:

That doesn't work either, staying silent equals racist now, you canny win with the cunts😂

Correct we are forever in a society of conflict whether it be about the race card, politics,  Brexit and Indy being the two main ammunition for the irritants, religion, etc whatever, so it’s get hard or get fucked time👍🏻

44 minutes ago, southcoastbear said:

From what I've seen of David Graham so far he is a much sharper operator  than this, has Robertson's clumsy mitts all over it IMO.

But you obviously have access to the upper echelons at Ibrox :mutley:

Bobby Jenkins disagrees.

Think this thread has ran its course now, same arguments going round and round again, we’ve got two sides with polar opposite opinions on this that are never going to agree so probably best just to leave it at that, we really need some proper football or at least a transfer rumour to talk about, fed up with all this now 

31 minutes ago, markem said:

I do however find it bewildering and totally unnecessary that we have become the talking point here once again. 

I don’t mate, there’s a whole cabal of haters dedicated to the job  out there waiting for us to screw up and turn it in on us and we seem to naively oblige them often.

2 hours ago, They Gnu said:

Interesting that you’d tar them all with the same brush. 

9 minutes ago, BLUEDIGNITY said:

I don’t mate, there’s a whole cabal of haters dedicated to the job  out there waiting for us to screw up and turn it in on us and we seem to naively oblige them often.

So Rangers Fans who see BLM for the Marxist dregs they are must keep quiet?

46 minutes ago, BLUEDIGNITY said:

Yup that’s true

The bewildering part being the self inflicted wounds. You have said cabal sitting on the wings thinking ...how do we make this about  them.....

7 minutes ago, Brackley Bluenose said:

Interesting that you’d tar them all with the same brush. 

So you disagree their (BLMs) stated objective is to end democracy, end capitalism, end the Nuclear Family and replace it with the collective raising children, the funds raised go to The Stop Trump Alliance and the whole thing is a far left con job.  Are you actually denying BLM are frequently violent and destructive, perhaps you buy into the BBC narrative of “mainly peaceful protest” 

25 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

Think this thread has ran its course now, same arguments going round and round again, we’ve got two sides with polar opposite opinions on this that are never going to agree so probably best just to leave it at that, we really need some proper football or at least a transfer rumour to talk about, fed up with all this now 

Agreed. Think everyone on this thread knows where everyone else stands on that matter now. Let's just agree to disagree and move on. 

Archived